Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Done

Oh, not just any brownies........ Stuart's chocolate brownies with chocolate sauce! To die for I'm told
    Yes.

*dies just thinking about them*
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Yes.

*dies just thinking about them*
      Can you believe that I haven't actually had the chocolate brownie???? You'd think by now I'd have worked my way through the whole dessert menu, but I haven't

Yet

Stuart is really looking forward to the 10th February..........

Comment

That's ok, if you come on the Friday we can either do that in the evening or do Sunday lunch before you go back
        And Nad just will have to go too! No choice!

On the other side is the question...do the woohoos dare to see me again?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          And Nad just will have to go too! No choice!
          Oh I don't think she'll have a problem with that

On the other side is the question...do the woohoos dare to see me again?
          More like, do you dare to spend a whole week with us?

Comment

Can you believe that I haven't actually had the chocolate brownie???? You'd think by now I'd have worked my way through the whole dessert menu, but I haven't

Yet

Stuart is really looking forward to the 10th February..........

Is that *really* looking forward to it, or really looking forward to it?
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Is that *really* looking forward to it, or really looking forward to it?
              Really looking forward to it! Apparently we're quite entertaining.................

Someone better remind me to take the cold box with me to collect what are apparently now known as 'The WooHoo Desserts'

Of course, he'll get a little preview next Sunday when Laurie, Suz, Mike, Linette and I go for Mike's birthday dinner

Comment

Done

Oh, not just any brownies........ Stuart's chocolate brownies with chocolate sauce! To die for I'm told
                *tries to stop herself drooling*

TEASE!

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Dolly arrived !!! She got there fast too, I only sent her a week ago! WTG Australia Post!

Oh dear...Jumble..."In your face" I just laughed so hard I cried, and then my brother asked what was wrong and I had to explain....hehehehe, oh dear...
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok...weirdest short vent ever...and because you probably are going to roll your eyes at it in spoilers
                    Spoiler:

I love my parents. I really do and I appreciate the fact that they're helping me out atm, but it came atm to the point of me feeling a LOT of guilt!

I thought/hoped that I would get my first paycheck today. Last Thursday I found out I wouldn't get paid till the 15th...this meant I wouldn't be able to pay my bills. I told this to my parents and said it was a small bill but I was trying to work something out with work for a reimbursement I would still get from last December.

Now my dad mailed me that he put "some" money on my account. I was grateful and glad that I would at least be able to pay my bills before Wednesday. Now I saw he put a little bit more than "some"(IMHO) on it. More than I needed for now that is....and that just makes me feel guilty. He also gave me a LOT of money during the dec/jan months for getting stuff for my apartment/christmas presents etc.

I'm like, I want to stand on my own...and not feel guilty about all the money I get from them.

I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want to still be dependent from them while I have a full time(intern) job...

Anyway...I did do groceries now for the first time since I moved here!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Ok...weirdest short vent ever...and because you probably are going to roll your eyes at it in spoilers
                      Spoiler:

I love my parents. I really do and I appreciate the fact that they're helping me out atm, but it came atm to the point of me feeling a LOT of guilt!

I thought/hoped that I would get my first paycheck today. Last Thursday I found out I wouldn't get paid till the 15th...this meant I wouldn't be able to pay my bills. I told this to my parents and said it was a small bill but I was trying to work something out with work for a reimbursement I would still get from last December.

Now my dad mailed me that he put "some" money on my account. I was grateful and glad that I would at least be able to pay my bills before Wednesday. Now I saw he put a little bit more than "some"(IMHO) on it. More than I needed for now that is....and that just makes me feel guilty. He also gave me a LOT of money during the dec/jan months for getting stuff for my apartment/christmas presents etc.

I'm like, I want to stand on my own...and not feel guilty about all the money I get from them.

I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want to still be dependent from them while I have a full time(intern) job...

Anyway...I did do groceries now for the first time since I moved here!
                      Parents will do that all their lives...it helps to make them feel that you still need them no matter what. My mom always picked up the check when we went out to eat til the day she died (and she was 84 and I was well old enough to be able to afford to pay myself). On special occasions like her birthday, I would pick up the tab for the day, other than that...never. I learned a long long long time ago, it was important to her, so I just quit arguing and just said Thank you! But I also knew that if she ever needed anything, I could help her.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Parents will do that all their lives...it helps to make them feel that you still need them no matter what. My mom always picked up the check when we went out to eat til the day she died (and she was 84 and I was well old enough to be able to afford to pay myself). On special occasions like her birthday, I would pick up the tab for the day, other than that...never. I learned a long long long time ago, it was important to her, so I just quit arguing and just said Thank you! But I also knew that if she ever needed anything, I could help her.
                        I know and my dad especially feels guilty since my brothers just moved out and he helped them out in there... Me on the other hand had to move to another country and thus he couldn't help out in the same way. Also my brother and I were in the same situation last month. We moved out(well I just moved from TN to GA) and were both broke...my brother could eat at my parents place, get money there, use their cars etc. while I couldn't and that makes dad feel guilty.
                        It's just that I want to learn to deal with all of this myself. Know that it won't always be easy and all that stuff.
                        Anyway it's perhaps just frustration from my side LOL! At least I don't have to worry about being able to feed myself!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, I ran my errands for the day. Tomorrow my big plans are to get a manicure and a pedicure! Also, I'll wash clothing and lay out what I will take with me.
                          Wednesday, I'm getting my hair cut. Oh and I'll probably pack.
                          Thursday.....hmmm! What was I suppose to do on Thursday?
                          Oh yeah, go to the airport. <--- my happy dance!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah jann - I know how you feel! I had to ask my parents for money when I first moved across the country and I felt so guilty, especially because my brother did the same the year before and he didn't have to ask for any. It feels poobags, but eventually you just come to accept that sometimes you need the help and that it's good to have them there when you do. And when you're all finally settled, you wont have to asked anymore, and if you're lucky, you can pay them back and then get on with doing it on your own (until you need them again ) but it's ok, because they're your parents It hurts the pride though, doesn't it? *huggles*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              Well, I ran my errands for the day. Tomorrow my big plans are to get a manicure and a pedicure! Also, I'll wash clothing and lay out what I will take with me.
                              Wednesday, I'm getting my hair cut. Oh and I'll probably pack.
                              Thursday.....hmmm! What was I suppose to do on Thursday?
                              Oh yeah, go to the airport. <--- my happy dance!
                              I'm seriously thinking of doing that soonish too! (once my paycheck comes in that is) Last time I went was....errr...before I moved here....

Yay for going to the UK! I'm jealous!!! I'm not gonna say I hope you have fun, because I know you will!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                                Ah jann - I know how you feel! I had to ask my parents for money when I first moved across the country and I felt so guilty, especially because my brother did the same the year before and he didn't have to ask for any. It feels poobags, but eventually you just come to accept that sometimes you need the help and that it's good to have them there when you do. And when you're all finally settled, you wont have to asked anymore, and if you're lucky, you can pay them back and then get on with doing it on your own (until you need them again ) but it's ok, because they're your parents It hurts the pride though, doesn't it? *huggles*
                                That's it exactly.

Except for living at home the last few years I *never* asked my parents for money. Never. I had my job, paid my bills, got my fun stuff, saved for vacations and didn't ask them for anything. Now...it feels...different.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X