The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    It has been decades since I've been there (except at the airport - which I will be at in about 3 1/2 weeks ) but they use to have a great underground shopping mall with restaurants and great shops.....does it still exist and is it safe to go there. Use to be a fun place to go too.
    I don't know! I still have to figure a lot out in here, but the roads aren't a happy place atm so I'll stay close to the apartment complex other than a few short walks!

Yay for going away in a few weeks! Hopefully the weather is okay then since the airport was kinda closed all day yesterday!
    sigpic

Comment

Falls into the thread exhausted. I'd ask someone to catch me, but I would probably squash you all.

I know I'm a little behind (actually I have a big one) and will catch up later, but I wanted to say nice job on all the Martin birthday artwork.

I forgot how busy it is to work at a "real" job, not stay at home and raise my children. I've been working at a radio station during the day. It is fun, but so time consuming.

Now I must take my daughter to ballet in this yucky snow storm we are having. At times like this I wonder why I traded my 4X4 truck in for a minivan.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        I don't know! I still have to figure a lot out in here, but the roads aren't a happy place atm so I'll stay close to the apartment complex other than a few short walks!

Yay for going away in a few weeks! Hopefully the weather is okay then since the airport was kinda closed all day yesterday!
        Years ago my brother lived in Atlanta for about 3 months while he was in training for some company he worked for. He loved the city and said it was one of the nicest ones he had seen in the South. Hopefully you will find it to be the same!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
          Falls into the thread exhausted. I'd ask someone to catch me, but I would probably squash you all.

I know I'm a little behind (actually I have a big one) and will catch up later, but I wanted to say nice job on all the Martin birthday artwork.

I forgot how busy it is to work at a "real" job, not stay at home and raise my children. I've been working at a radio station during the day. It is fun, but so time consuming.

Now I must take my daughter to ballet in this yucky snow storm we are having. At times like this I wonder why I traded my 4X4 truck in for a minivan.
          Drive causiously and carefully!

So, what do you do at the radio station?
          sigpic

Comment

Years ago my brother lived in Atlanta for about 3 months while he was in training for some company he worked for. He loved the city and said it was one of the nicest ones he had seen in the South. Hopefully you will find it to be the same!
            Yep! Probably I'll think that soon! Just a ...cold start

Trek *hugs* for being busy!
            sigpic

Comment

Sarai & Chemmy - just to let you know, the room is not real dark....it was like it was at TSE if you remember Sarai. Darker but still able to take pictures without flashes (then lighten them a little with software later). The thing is, AT is very interesting to listen to, she has great stories and is so full of "heart" that you just might forget to take a lot of pictures. Oh, and one thing....remember there are a lot of people there so you don't want to disturb everyone with taking thousands of shots! All though I have a feeling that Sarai is probably in one on the last rows!
              For my little camera it was dark enough for me to need to alter the settings quite dramatically to get decent shots at SE. If AT5 is anything like that I'll need to do some prep with the camera. Plus I turn the noise off on the shots, don't think I bothered anyone to much at SE. At least, no one came over to ask me to stop . But of course if anyone had I wood have stopped immediately !

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                @Sarai I should buy a new fotocamera too, since mine is quite old, but I don't know if I'll find the time before AT5...do you have any fotocamera models to suggest to me?

And do you think that it's healthy to watch in loop a promo?
                *is totally addicted to that TV show*

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyUmuYPzDfM
                *hits the replay button 10 times* Can't wait for next week!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                  For my little camera it was dark enough for me to need to alter the settings quite dramatically to get decent shots at SE. If AT5 is anything like that I'll need to do some prep with the camera. Plus I turn the noise off on the shots, don't think I bothered anyone to much at SE. At least, no one came over to ask me to stop . But of course if anyone had I wood have stopped immediately !
                  One thing about Sanctuary and specifically AT fans....we are (almost) all on the "nice" side so unless you stand up constantly and block someone's view, no one will bother you if you are only taking pictures. And Gabit won't bother you unless you're taking motion pictures ...then they might string you up by your toes!
                  Last edited by llp; 11 January 2011, 06:06 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    *hits the replay button 10 times* Can't wait for next week!
                    Did I see Castle and Beckett huddling together? Hmmmm!
                    sigpic

Comment

Just was on FB and had the giggles about a conversation my classmates had about my internship coordinator:
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

*takes a break from writing to run through the thread...nekkid*
                        sigpic

Comment

I CAN SEE THE SUN!!!

(well, it's only a pocket, but I can SEE it! And it's not raining! HOORAY!!!!)

Update for anyone interested

Expecting King Tides tomorrow, which the news is saying will be pretty devastating but the rain stopped overnight, so at least there's not much more damage anywhere.

The whole Western side of the city has lost its power (I'm on the east, so no problem here) and most of the CBD and western suburbs are underwater. All the food supply routes are blocked and there's no way out of the greater Brisbane area. If it gets much worse, the whole of Brisbane will be sitting ducks but we're hoping that we're nearly at the peak, and it wont get much worse (apart from the King Tide...)

Severely hoping that the little pocket of sun is a blink of the future!!! If it gets much worse, we might be in trouble *thanks mum and dad for being so anal about living on a hill* Mum is part of the emergency command centre for our area, and so far hasn't been called in...so...keeping our fingers crossed! If tomorrow' King Tide is the last of it, we might be out of the woods by next week!!! (well, out of the water, at least...muchos repairing for the city...)

most people have been evacuated from their jobs for the week, so we're all either hauled up at home, or out helping...we can't get in to the city to help, because the roads are blocked, so we are just sitting here, waiting for news. It's very frustrating!!! There's nothing we can do!

...aaaaand it just started raining again....poobags...
                          sigpic

Comment

*hugs Bekki* It's at least good to hear you are okay! I hope that the King tide of tomorrow is indeed going to be the last!

As for the continuing story of the snow in here...I got another "snowday" tomorrow The roads are getting better, but with the freezing at night and some snow right now, they aren't clear enough for safe travel. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last day; I just want to start working!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              I CAN SEE THE SUN!!!

Expecting King Tides tomorrow, which the news is saying will be pretty devastating but the rain stopped overnight, so at least there's not much more damage anywhere.

The whole Western side of the city has lost its power (I'm on the east, so no problem here) and most of the CBD and western suburbs are underwater. All the food supply routes are blocked and there's no way out of the greater Brisbane area. If it gets much worse, the whole of Brisbane will be sitting ducks but we're hoping that we're nearly at the peak, and it wont get much worse (apart from the King Tide...)

Severely hoping that the little pocket of sun is a blink of the future!!! If it gets much worse, we might be in trouble *thanks mum and dad for being so anal about living on a hill* Mum is part of the emergency command centre for our area, and so far hasn't been called in...so...keeping our fingers crossed! If tomorrow' King Tide is the last of it, we might be out of the woods by next week!!! (well, out of the water, at least...muchos repairing for the city...)

most people have been evacuated from their jobs for the week, so we're all either hauled up at home, or out helping...we can't get in to the city to help, because the roads are blocked, so we are just sitting here, waiting for news. It's very frustrating!!! There's nothing we can do!

...aaaaand it just started raining again....poobags...
                              Glad you are OK. Keeping my fingers crossed that the flooding soon subsides.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                                I CAN SEE THE SUN!!!

I am interested!! I was asking around about our friends being hit by weather. I'm glad you've checked in. Stay dry!
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X