The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Midwife On Board, Jumble, Josiane, Dutch Indeed, Starlover and Sarai:

Thank you so much for your Birthday Greetings, it means a lot to me that all of you took the time to write all of that. Bree indeed got me my gift that I wanted "Happy Feet" to wash your feet in the shower. Next year I want my gift to be this - I want to be Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill". This year in Disneyworld since I am such a nut I was walking slowly foot in front of foot and telling Bree "I am Uma in Kill Bill, I am walking with purpose" LOL, I am crazy, if Bree has not told you, about 12 years old actually in my mind. I am listening to Pink and thinking fondly of all of you ladies. Happy Holidays to all of you. You all deserve it. Oh, and thank you all for the green greetings, Bree tried to explain it to me, I don't understand it but I know if means a lot so thank you. Warm Wishes Char; and if I missed anyone by name I am sorry, I am not a computer genius.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      In honor of Martinmas and my 1269th post, I present you with Martin!Fic. I never write RPF. It's a rule of mine. Only Jumble has the persuasive powers to make me alter that rule.

Welcome to the Sanctuary
      *giggles* Awesome. "Welcome to the Sanctuary!"
      sigpic

Comment

In honor of Martinmas and my 1269th post, I present you with Martin!Fic. I never write RPF. It's a rule of mine. Only Jumble has the persuasive powers to make me alter that rule.

Welcome to the Sanctuary
        Awesome indeed! Thank you MoB

He'd do an AWESOME job

*huggles Martin*

*huggles him again*

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          *giggles* Awesome. "Welcome to the Sanctuary!"
          Thanks!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Awesome indeed! Thank you MoB

He'd do an AWESOME job

*huggles Martin*

*huggles him again*
          Glad you liked! And YW!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

The mum of two of my children came along to the Toddler Group Christmas party today. As she was leaving she gave me a HUGE hug and said how much she appreciated how much I'd helped them (this is the family who's house move had fallen through and have only just managed to move to this area, having been commuting from Wimbledon since July) and that she didn't know how they wood have coped without me. Really had to try very hard not to cry I told her it's mutual, that I consider myself very lucky to be working with such a lovely family

During the party I'd been approached by two mums who are looking for childcare and who had been told by other mums and childminders that I was the best They both wanted to book places for next March/April Something tells me the new year is going to be fraught with difficult decisions

My ego is seriously inflated right now
            Awww And you deserve it to be - you only get a good reputation by being good *huggles*

Ooh, Martinfic? *runs off to read*
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Just been studying the menu for Friday night and can’t decide what to have….

Menu…..

Spoiler:
              Starters

Curried Parsnip Soup topped with bacon snippets and served with warm crusty bread

Smooth Cicken Liver Pate topped with spiced port jelly and served with crusty bread

Grilled Green Lip Mussels with a Stilton rarebit tomato relish and char-grilled bread

Smoked Salmon Cornets filled with prawns and Marie Rose Sauce, laced with brandy and served with lemon and brown bread

Filo Pastry Tart, filled with glazed goats’ cheese, sun blush tomatoes and pine nuts, served on mixed salad leaves

Mains

Roast Turkey, apricot and sage stuffing, pigs in blankets, spiced orange and cranberry sauce, roast potatoes and vegetables

Pork Wellington: Port fillet wrapped in Serrano ham, wild mushrooms and filo pastry, served with a cream marsala sauce and served with vegetables and potatoes.

Filleted gilt Head Bream, with prawn and sun blush tomato soufflé served with vegetables and potatoes.

Roast Rump of Lamb, served on crushed new potatoes with spring onions and honey mustard jus with vegetables and potatoes

Roasted Red Peppers, filled with char-grilled Mediterranean vegetables and topped with a Brie herb crust

Desserts

Traditional Christmas Pudding with brandy butter

Home made Toffee meringues filled with fresh cream

Crème Brulee

Chocolate and Grand Marnier Tart, served with a raspberry couli

Cheese and Biscuits

2 Courses with coffee and Mince Pies - £22.95

3 Courses with coffee and Mince Pies - £26.95

Help!!!!

Comment

I just completed my Canukistani-midwifery application! I'm going to print it out and scrutinize it later. I'm hoping to get it notarized on Monday and in the mail on Tuesday. I can't believe it's about to be out of my hands!

Just been studying the menu for Friday night and can’t decide what to have….

Menu…..

Spoiler:
                Starters

Curried Parsnip Soup topped with bacon snippets and served with warm crusty bread

Smooth Cicken Liver Pate topped with spiced port jelly and served with crusty bread

Grilled Green Lip Mussels with a Stilton rarebit tomato relish and char-grilled bread

Smoked Salmon Cornets filled with prawns and Marie Rose Sauce, laced with brandy and served with lemon and brown bread

Filo Pastry Tart, filled with glazed goats’ cheese, sun blush tomatoes and pine nuts, served on mixed salad leaves

Mains

Roast Turkey, apricot and sage stuffing, pigs in blankets, spiced orange and cranberry sauce, roast potatoes and vegetables

Pork Wellington: Port fillet wrapped in Serrano ham, wild mushrooms and filo pastry, served with a cream marsala sauce and served with vegetables and potatoes.

Filleted gilt Head Bream, with prawn and sun blush tomato soufflé served with vegetables and potatoes.

Roast Rump of Lamb, served on crushed new potatoes with spring onions and honey mustard jus with vegetables and potatoes

Roasted Red Peppers, filled with char-grilled Mediterranean vegetables and topped with a Brie herb crust

Desserts

Traditional Christmas Pudding with brandy butter

Home made Toffee meringues filled with fresh cream

Crème Brulee

Chocolate and Grand Marnier Tart, served with a raspberry couli

Cheese and Biscuits

2 Courses with coffee and Mince Pies - £22.95

3 Courses with coffee and Mince Pies - £26.95

Help!!!!
                Om nom nom. I'm no help. It all looks good.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Happy Birthday Char!

Now as for Jumble - why shouldn't you feel good about yourself. It should be as obvious to you as it is to all of us that you would be our pick for #1 GRANDMA so why not
                  #1 CHILDCARE PERSON
                  as well. Just saying! I think you have rightfully earned that title.

Now, MoB - great story, so much fun. I also read your 100 word story....not sure I could have taken too many more words there.

The one before that was about adopting the little Chinese girl. That was a sweet and lovely story. Really enjoyed that one as well. You are an awesome writer. Wish I had some of your talent.

And as for Xmas, well my eyes have gotten worse (again) and I can't breathe through my noise (again) so I wrote an email to my sister-in-law which I know she has gotten, but hasn't responded to yet. I'm staying home this holiday because I'm sick. I don't have much of a choice. I would scare the security people at the airport! Seriously, I just don't feel very good. This is not going away quickly. And well, so be it. It better go away by the end of January or I will scream so loud you will hear me in the UK!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Happy Birthday Char!

Now as for Jumble - why shouldn't you feel good about yourself. It should be as obvious to you as it is to all of us that you would be our pick for #1 GRANDMA so why not
                    #1 CHILDCARE PERSON

Now, MoB - great story, so much fun. I also read your 100 word story....not sure I could have taken too many more words there.

The one before that was about adopting the little Chinese girl. That was a sweet and lovely story. Really enjoyed that one as well. You are an awesome writer. Wish I had some of your talent.

And as for Xmas, well my eyes have gotten worse (again) and I can't breathe through my noise (again) so I wrote an email to my sister-in-law which I know she has gotten, but hasn't responded to yet. I'm staying home this holiday because I'm sick. I don't have much of a choice. I would scare the security people at the airport! Seriously, I just don't feel very good. This is not going away quickly. And well, so be it. It better go away by the end of January or I will scream so loud you will hear me in the UK!
                    1. *blushes* Thanks Laurie!

2. Have they figured out what's wrong with your eyes? You have me very worried.
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy B-day Char!

Jumble!!! That's soooo great!!!! <3<3

Sarai! Enjoyyyyyyy your two weeks
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I just completed my Canukistani-midwifery application! I'm going to print it out and scrutinize it later. I'm hoping to get it notarized on Monday and in the mail on Tuesday. I can't believe it's about to be out of my hands!
                        WooHooooood!!! *crosses fingers and toes*

Om nom nom. I'm no help. It all looks good.
                        That's the thing, it will all be good........ I'm leaning towards the Salmon Cornet starter, and the Chocolate Grand Marnier Tart for dessert...... but I'm torn between the the Pork Wellington and the Roast Rump of Lamb for the main.....

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Happy Birthday Char!

#1 CHILDCARE PERSON
                        Thanks

I'm sorry that your eyes are worse, but tbh I'm glad to hear that you're not taking that trip for Christmas. You stay home and take care of yourself, enjoy a bit of peace while you heal and get fit and healthy for your visit here And let's all of us fervently hope that the weather won't futz up the airlines for AT5

Comment

*drools at menu* You know you have to choose yourself...but it is evil to show us that menu! Hmpf.
                          sigpic

Comment

MoB! Wonderful fic!
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                              MoB! Wonderful fic!
                              Thanks!!

Now, I really must try to take a nap. Working overnight tonight.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                *drools at menu* You know you have to choose yourself...but it is evil to show us that menu! Hmpf.
                                I know, but I couldn't resist

And now I'm wondering if I should open that bottle of wine............ I really shouldn't, and yet I appear to have a corkscrew in my hand

What I should be doing is making something for Dan's birthday tomorrow.....

Comment

Working...
                                X