Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Morning Woohoos.

Today is an anniversary day for me. It's the 7th anniversary of my mother's death from ovarian cancer. It's one of those odd days. I always commemorate the day with a donation to charity in her memory. Usually I choose a cancer-related charity, but this year I chose something new.

I haven't shared my stories on the thread as those of you who've been around longer have, so I thought I'd share a blog entry I wrote last May on mother's day. Over here. Revisiting that entry today seems fitting since it still captures my feelings on the subject rather well.

*big WooHoo huggles to all*

Mom:
    [SPOILERS]
    Beautiful tribute to your Mom MoB *huge huggles*

I understand exactly what you mean when you said that you knew when she left. My Mum passed away on a Sunday morning while I was at church. We were singing one of the hymns, and I just knew.

While we were visiting family this weekend we went to my Mum's grave to lay a Christmas wreath on it. She always loved the real ones made with holly, so I was really pleased to find the little old traditional greengrocers where we used to buy them was still there It's been almost 7 years now since Mum passed away from leukaemia; as the kids get bigger, I miss her more every day *sigh*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *hugs Sarai and Sarai's Sister*

And yeah! on Tesla and J-Yo.

I don't know. It's just sometimes when you catch up you read all the advise and experience and lovin' and life lessons and get all ''Ok, life can suck but this is the way to deal with it...''
    *huggles Woohoos* *nods* This is a wonderful thread

Although having said that, it's also a thread that talks waaaaay too much! I figure if I carry on multi-quoting the next 30 pages I'll be here until after Christmas

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Darn, that was just getting interesting.............

So...... is Friday on? *bounces hopefully*

Vigilante
    Spoiler:
    I know what you mean, but I think I'm right

Hm. Now that's the one thing that I didn't much like Unless they're going to follow it up with some interesting twist, I don't really see the point of it being there *shrugs*

And I knew that bloody 'priest' was a bad 'un!

Thanks Don't think I've had any dreams since SE

Ah, I see. Yes, we're a veritable well of advice and experience.

And lovin'
    That's because now you've met the real Man, dream!Martin has no appeal for you now
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      Glad to hear that from the Martin expert

I'll work on it later ok It's actually quite easy to make
      Thank you *hugs* It may be simple, but it's really effective

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post

Oh, and....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAGS!!!

Oh, niiiiiice

Isn't it about time the birthday girl turned up?

Dee, Artwork. Awesome.
      *hugs WooHoos*

And Yessika, I have nothing either...

Jann, love the WP!
      Good grief! How much more notice did you need?

Comment

*Misses her Mum, too* I'm still in the randomly bursting into tears stage. *kicks cancer*
        sigpic

Comment

*giggles at Oma's catch up*
          *wonders how fast we can chat up ten more pages, just to make her feel lost...

Good grief! How much more notice did you need?

I tried. I did, but because Sanctuary is that awesome, all my artwork turned out to have a different dark haired man in it...
          Seriously. Tesla just keeps showing up in the art to steal Martin's momentum.
          *nods*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            Beautiful tribute to your Mom MoB *huge huggles*

I understand exactly what you mean when you said that you knew when she left. My Mum passed away on a Sunday morning while I was at church. We were singing one of the hymns, and I just knew.

While we were visiting family this weekend we went to my Mum's grave to lay a Christmas wreath on it. She always loved the real ones made with holly, so I was really pleased to find the little old traditional greengrocers where we used to buy them was still there It's been almost 7 years now since Mum passed away from leukaemia; as the kids get bigger, I miss her more every day *sigh*
            *huggles*

*huggles Woohoos* *nods* This is a wonderful thread

Although having said that, it's also a thread that talks waaaaay too much! I figure if I carry on multi-quoting the next 30 pages I'll be here until after Christmas
            Indeed it is

Talk too much? Us? I have no idea what you're talking about

That's because now you've met the real Man, dream!Martin has no appeal for you now
            You know, you might actually have something there

Comment

Totally forgot.

*runs around nekkid* He he!

And we don't talk a lot! We just...babble...drool...thunk...goggle....smoke...party...etc. You know...those are all different kind of things!

Also I feel productive today(although I've been on the couch for most of it): I made a wallpaper, send in the last stuff or my VISA(and getting it really soon, since he put it in the mail today), updated my blog, replied on a bunch of emails, stalked my dad on the email, read a few fanfics and watched so far 3 episodes of Farscape!
              Now only if I could get myself active enough to wrap the Christmas presents!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                *Misses her Mum, too* I'm still in the randomly bursting into tears stage. *kicks cancer*
                *squishy huggles LJ*

*giggles at Oma's catch up*
                *wonders how fast we can chat up ten more pages, just to make her feel lost...
                Some of us obviously just have too much time on our hands

I tried. I did, but because Sanctuary is that awesome, all my artwork turned out to have a different dark haired man in it...
                Seriously. Tesla just keeps showing up in the art to steal Martin's momentum.
                *nods*

Actually, as it's Tesla/J-Yo I can just about see your dilemma................. but who says you can't make Tesla art for Martinmas? There are no rulez on this thread, remember

Comment

I miss my mom as well. She passed a few days before Mother's day which makes it hard each year. Kicks cancer also (and her stupid doctor for being so damn aggressive).

Now I must make the big decision....to go or not to go at Xmas to my brother's house. I probably should go even though I look like I've been dragged to Hell and back, but I'm so tired and feel lousy. Can't wear a mask! Hmmm. As much as I really would prefer to stay in bed for the next week until this passes...... I suppose I have to deal with my "family" obligations. And sadly, that is what this feels like.

I don't feel well enough to deal with anyone right now, but my s-i-l basically scolded me for even thinking about staying home! I'm not sure she is giving me much of a choice. Holidays can be such a pain. Can't we legislate against all holidays and make them days of relaxation and contemplation instead....unless you have little kids then you can celebrate Santa!

Did I ever mention: I HATE BEING SICK!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

*waves at 9 guests* Glad to have you back, Joe.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      I miss my mom as well. She passed a few days before Mother's day which makes it hard each year. Kicks cancer also (and her stupid doctor for being so damn aggressive).
                      *hugs*

It makes me sad that I didn't have a mother worth missing In an odd way I miss...... not missing her

Now I must make the big decision....to go or not to go at Xmas to my brother's house. I probably should go even though I look like I've been dragged to Hell and back, but I'm so tired and feel lousy. Can't wear a mask! Hmmm. As much as I really would prefer to stay in bed for the next week until this passes...... I suppose I have to deal with my "family" obligations. And sadly, that is what this feels like.

I don't feel well enough to deal with anyone right now, but my s-i-l basically scolded me for even thinking about staying home! I'm not sure she is giving me much of a choice. Holidays can be such a pain. Can't we legislate against all holidays and make them days of relaxation and contemplation instead....unless you have little kids then you can celebrate Santa!

Did I ever mention: I HATE BEING SICK!!!
                      Laurie, you have the right to decide what is best for YOU! If you really don't feel like going you shouldn't let your s-i-l make you feel obligated. You DO have a choice! I believe that everybody should be allowed to spend their Christmas any way they choose. I know you want to see the little one(s), but you can always go for a visit at another time can't you? Take care of yourself and do what you really want to with your Christmas

Edit: *waves to 12 guests*

One really has to wonder what is so fascinating about this thread sometimes........... why don't some of you come in and tell us?

Comment

*kicks cancer too*

*hugs WooHoos*
                        Just because.

Actually, as it's Tesla/J-Yo I can just about see your dilemma................. but who says you can't make Tesla art for Martinmas? There are no rulez on this thread, remember
                        WooHood on the '69!

*thinks*
                        Well... I can work with that...
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*kicks cancer too*

*hugs WooHoos*
                          Just because.

WooHood on the '69!
                          Thanks

*thinks*
                          Well... I can work with that...
                          Of course you can

Comment

*hugs*

It makes me sad that I didn't have a mother worth missing In an odd way I miss...... not missing her

Laurie, you have the right to decide what is best for YOU! If you really don't feel like going you shouldn't let your s-i-l make you feel obligated. You DO have a choice! I believe that everybody should be allowed to spend their Christmas any way they choose. I know you want to see the little one(s), but you can always go for a visit at another time can't you? Take care of yourself and do what you really want to with your Christmas

Edit: *waves to 12 guests*

One really has to wonder what is so fascinating about this thread sometimes........... why don't some of you come in and tell us?
                            Hmmmm! wonders what goes on here behind the scenes to get so many guests interested in watching!

Ah Jumble, if it weren't that simple. I was "my fault" that Mom didn't go up for Xmas on her last one....I was healing from some surgery and had a complication....I told her to go but she wanted to be with me just in case. So she never got to see her Grandson.

Although it hasn't officially been brought up, it has been skirted around the edges a little always making me feel like a #@%@[email protected]# for not pushing her to go up there. She never got to see him again. My brother flew down after I told him she was a lot worse than he thought, but my s-i-l was a little ill and my nephew was in the middle of the police academy and it would be about anohter 3 weeks before he could get away. She never made it that long. So taking off anything just brings up hard feelings, something I can do without. Maybe I should move to another country and then I wouldn't have to deal with this.....I really don't enjoy Xmas very much anymore!
                            As for visiting at other times......not so much!
                            sigpic

Comment

*dances in*

Happy Birthday Cags!!!

*huggles for all Woohoos*
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I call this series...The Martin...

Comment

Working...
                                X