No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to volunteer to help make the PTB Advent Calendar, just pick a day and add your name

It can be anything PTB, S.H.I.P., or Sanctuary Actor/Character and any theme you like!

Days
    1 - Jumble
    3 - Nad
    4 - Jumble
    5 LJ
    6 - Nad
    7 - Jasmina
    8 - Jumble
    10 Wendy
    11-Jann
    13 LJ
    15 - Jumble
    16 - Nad
    18-Jann
    20 LJ
    21 Wendy
    22 - Jumble
    23 LJ
    24 - Nad
    25 - Jasmina

Size: Max 680 x 450px, max 100kb.

Post your own as the date comes up, or send to Jumble. Your choice
    sigpic

Comment

With the advent calender. It's a good idea if you make them all the same size since that makes it a lot easier to pop them together in a video.

If you want to volunteer to help make the PTB Advent Calendar, just pick a day and add your name

It can be anything PTB, S.H.I.P., or Sanctuary Actor/Character and any theme you like!

Days
      1 - Jumble
      3 - Nad
      4 - Jumble
      5 - LJ
      6 - Nad
      7 - Jasmina
      8 - Jumble
      10 - Wendy
      11 -Jann
      13 - LJ
      14 - Cags
      15 - Jumble
      16 - Nad
      18 -Jann
      19 - Cags
      20 - LJ
      21 - Wendy
      22 - Jumble
      23 - LJ
      24 - Nad
      25 - Jasmina

Size: Max 680 x 450px, max 100kb.

Post your own as the date comes up, or send to Jumble. Your choice

I am guessing that PTB includes all and any PTB (er, except the TPTB that isn't? )

As for Will / RD. Will I like enough; no real issues with him but he doesn't engage me in that "Aw, aren't you a sweetie" kind of way that, say Henry and Biggie do... and even Kate to a lesser extent (although she's getting there). Not really sure why though; just seems I'm not the only one though.
      And RD, I haven't met and haven't seen enough of in terms of on line activity/interviews / special features so haven't formed much of an opinion of one way or another. From what I have seen he seems decent enough. He's pretty young isn't he? And further haampered maturity-wise by being male. Maybe it's just youth and all that comes with it and he needs to mellow... and maybe it translates to Will on sscreen a bit... I dunno. I don't hate him; don't worship the ground he walks on either but... meh, that's all.
      Last edited by Cagranosalis; 24 November 2010, 01:58 AM. Reason: Because Jas' post didn't come up. :S
      sigpic

Comment

I've just read this news http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/11/23/ca...-with-beckett/ And my face is
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Oh goodness...better get in quick!!!

Days
          1 - Jumble
          2 - Bekki
          3 - Nad
          4 - Jumble
          5 - LJ
          6 - Nad
          7 - Jasmina
          8 - Jumble
          10 - Wendy
          11 -Jann
          13 - LJ
          14 - Cags
          15 - Jumble
          16 - Nad
          17 - Bekki
          18 -Jann
          19 - Cags
          20 - LJ
          21 - Wendy
          22 - Jumble
          23 - LJ
          24 - Nad
          25 - Jasmina
          sigpic

Comment

I have the feeling that this advent calendar will be the most random one ever seen in fandom!

(And if Sanctuary is in there... shouldn't the options include SGU and SGA as well? )

*hugs WooHoos*
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Eep! Almost missed out!

Days
              1 - Jumble
              2 - Bekki
              3 - Nad
              4 - Jumble
              5 - LJ
              6 - Nad
              7 - Jasmina
              8 - Jumble
              9 - Sarai
              10 - Wendy
              11 -Jann
              12 - Sarai
              13 - LJ
              14 - Cags
              15 - Jumble
              16 - Nad
              17 - Bekki
              18 -Jann
              19 - Cags
              20 - LJ
              21 - Wendy
              22 - Jumble
              23 - LJ
              24 - Nad
              25 - Jasmina

I don't mind only having one though if other people want to join in .

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

I have the feeling that this advent calendar will be the most random one ever seen in fandom!
                Of course it is, it's US!!!!

(And if Sanctuary is in there... shouldn't the options include SGU and SGA as well? )

*hugs WooHoos*
                Well I guess so, if that's what's wanted I have no problem with it In fact it gives us a bit more scope to cover the 25 days, because heaven forbid that we might have 1 Tesla day, 1 Joe day and 23 Martin days

Here's the Final List

It can be anything PTB, SGA, SGU, S.H.I.P., or Sanctuary Actor/Character and any theme you like! Go RANDOM!!!

Days
                1 - Jumble
                2 - Bekki
                3 - Nad
                4 - Jumble
                5 - LJ
                6 - Nad
                7 - Jasmina
                8 - Jumble
                9 - Sarai
                10 - Wendy
                11 -Jann
                12 - Sarai
                13 - LJ
                14 - Cags
                15 - Jumble
                16 - Nad
                17 - Bekki
                18 -Jann
                19 - Cags
                20 - LJ
                21 - Wendy
                22 - Jumble
                23 - LJ
                24 - Nad
                25 - Jasmina

Size 680x450px, max 100kb

Just to keep Cags happy

Comment

Morning Woohoos,

Icky night sleep last night. Tossed and turned the whole night. No idea why. *sigh*

Caffeinating up for an ultra-full clinic today. *yawn*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  1. With all due respect, I'm pretty sure they wood want us to be honest about it. No point in saying we like someone/something if we don't. As long as we keep it polite

2. It just involves making something PTB/Sanctuary/S.H.I.P., or a combination of all three, with a vaguely Adventy/Christmassy theme. In other words, anything you like to brighten the thread and mark each day leading up to Christmas
                  Hm.

3. Not sure I agree with that
                  1. I agree

2. Then I will leave it to the people who have actual talent in this area as I am graphic artistically challenged.

3. Fair enough. As my dad would say, that's what makes horse-racing. I would agree with you as far as the webisodes since that script was written before the thing was cast, but as far as the TV series goes, the character has been written for RD from the get go, I think the writers could make him a little more... something... and, again, I say this with the greatest respect for what these guys do. I KNOW how hard their job is.

Cags: According to IMDB RD is 35. Time to man up, I say.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Of course it is, it's US!!!!

Well I guess so, if that's what's wanted I have no problem with it In fact it gives us a bit more scope to cover the 25 days, because heaven forbid that we might have 1 Tesla day, 1 Joe day and 23 Martin days
                    WooHoodStock is the most randomest place in the whole wide GateWorld-World!

And OK. I just felt that we were not giving enough love to SGU. It's not everyones piece of cake, but since Sanctuary is so very present here, I thought it wood be fair to give some freedom to the SGU lovers here.
                    You guys are pretty silent!

And we can't have that...

Size 680x450px, max 100kb

Just to keep Cags happy
                    Makes Nad Happy too.
                    I know we're Hippy-ish, but one size does sometimes fit all...
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                      Morning Woohoos,

Icky night sleep last night. Tossed and turned the whole night. No idea why. *sigh*

Caffeinating up for an ultra-full clinic today. *yawn*

Cags: According to IMDB RD is 35. Time to man up, I say.
                      *hugs*

For some guys, 35 isn't exactly 35...

For the record, I do like RD. He seems nice.
                      ...It's Will I'm starting to have a problem with. Maybe *he* should... man down a little.

sigpic

Comment

WooHoodStock is the most randomest place in the whole wide GateWorld-World!

And OK. I just felt that we were not giving enough love to SGU. It's not everyones piece of cake, but since Sanctuary is so very present here, I thought it wood be fair to give some freedom to the SGU lovers here.
                        You guys are pretty silent!
                        Totally agree. Not everyone here likes SGU, not everyone here likes Sanctuary. Each to their own and let the Advent Calendar reflect our choices and our freedom to make them

And we can't have that...
                        Absolutely not! We don't want him getting conceited or anything

Yes, I did substitute 'conceited' for 'a big head', because I know what you WooHoos are like

Makes Nad Happy too.
                        I know we're Hippy-ish, but one size does sometimes fit all...
                        It does. I can honestly say I've never had a serious problem with size

*hugs*

For some guys, 35 isn't exactly 35...

...It's Will I'm starting to have a problem with. Maybe *he* should... man down a little.
                        I don't dislike RD/Will, I just don't connect with him. Can't quite put my finger on why exactly

Comment

Actually I do hate the way he always calls Helen "Magnus". I mean Dr Magnus, sure, or just Helen but it's not the military and they're very much a little Sanctuary family by all accounts. Calling people by just their last name seems harsh and too formal. And maybe that's the crux of one of the (writing) issues with Will? It's particularly jarring because every time he says it it's normally kind of harsh and berating in tone. I dunno, do you get where I'm coming from? He just needs to soften up a little and smile more.

EDIT: Perhaps for the advent our "theme" should have been the actual PTB so we get even representation. \never mind, eh. I am sure we'll get a good spread of PTBs.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Actually I do hate the way he always calls Helen "Magnus". I mean Dr Magnus, sure, or just Helen but it's not the military and they're very much a little Sanctuary family by all accounts. Calling people by just their last name seems harsh and too formal. And maybe that's the crux of one of the (writing) issues with Will? It's particularly jarring because every time he says it it's normally kind of harsh and berating in tone. I dunno, do you get where I'm coming from? He just needs to soften up a little and smile more.
                            Hm, interesting now you come to mention it. Druit and Tesla call her Helen, but then they've known her for a long time and have a different relationship with her. Dr Magnus wood certainly be better than just Magnus. I'll ponder on it some more........

EDIT: Perhaps for the advent our "theme" should have been the actual PTB so we get even representation. \never mind, eh. I am sure we'll get a good spread of PTBs.
                            I see what you're saying, but I feel that giving The WooHoos total freedom to choose what they like will give us a more accurate overall picture. We'll see how that turns out
                            Last edited by Jumble; 24 November 2010, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Totally agree. Not everyone here likes SGU, not everyone here likes Sanctuary. Each to their own and let the Advent Calendar reflect our choices and our freedom to make them

Absolutely not! We don't want him getting conceited or anything

Yes, I did substitute 'conceited' for 'a big head', because I know what you WooHoos are like
                              *nods*

And OK... I have the feeling this is getting me into trouble, what how wood we see 'a big head' in any other way that 'a big head'?

It does. I can honestly say I've never had a serious problem with size
                              Now that one I could, potentially see in another light, but I won't. Because I'm the cute one.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

Hey yeah! You've got a point there. It really is a bit jarring. To me, it's something about the attitude I'm not found of and maybe that's it? *shrugs*

And I also believe that random suits us. It wood represent this thread rather nicely

sigpic

Comment

I see what you're saying, but I feel that giving The WooHoos total freedom to choose what they like will give us a more accurate overal picture. We'll see how that turns out
                                I don't think it's safe to make a Major Wood/Sam version, though?

EDIT: Ok, so maybe we should state our plans beforehand? To ensure said 'spread'?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X