X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    I love you for being you too!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    A whole day of because of a wedding. So unfair!

When Jumbly said Will and Kate giving her the day of I was thinking "What do Will and Kate from Sanctuary have to do with giving her a day off."

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Technically second in line, Assuming Charles actually ever gets to reign and, really, why shouldn't he? Huge bugbear of mine how people say he should step aside and Camilla has no right to be called queen consort... of course he should be king and of course his WIFE should be queen... and anyway, she may not be as glamorous as Diana was but... oh best not start me on that one. Suffice to say I am, nor was I ever, suckered in by all the adulation and hype around her. I'll stop there before I get into a massive rant about the whole thing.

But yeah, yay for days off for the wedding. And yay for all the boost the tourism for the wedding will give to our economy.
    Ooooh. I didn't know quite how it's supposed to go. I just know that on the news they keep saying that William will be king and his bride-to-be will be Queen. I feel enlightened now

And absolutely. The tourism will be phenomenal. Yay! Bring on the money from outside!
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

When Jumbly said Will and Kate giving her the day of I was thinking "What do Will and Kate from Sanctuary have to do with giving her a day off."
      Me too!
      ...And then I felt stupid

Yeah, I know, but look at me not complaining about an extra day off.
      *high fives*

Technically second in line, Assuming Charles actually ever gets to reign and, really, why shouldn't he? Huge bugbear of mine how people say he should step aside and Camilla has no right to be called queen consort... of course he should be king and of course his WIFE should be queen... and anyway, she may not be as glamorous as Diana was but... oh best not start me on that one. Suffice to say I am, nor was I ever, suckered in by all the adulation and hype around her. I'll stop there before I get into a massive rant about the whole thing.

But yeah, yay for days off for the wedding. And yay for all the boost the tourism for the wedding will give to our economy.
      Really. If Charles gets passed to reign, he might just go down in history as the most tragic figure in royalty ever...
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Really. If Charles gets passed to reign, he might just go down in history as the most tragic figure in royalty ever...

I feel so sorry for him, really. Everyone paints him as the bad egg in his relationship with Diana but he was forced to give up the woman he did love and into an arranged marriage with someone he didn't... and Diana was not faithful either. She was just more beautiful, interesting and knew how to manipulate the media better. And people want him to step aside for Wills to rule just because of that and becuase he did finally marry the woman he loved. He had the balls to stand up for what he wanted (in the end) and right a mistake... I think that makes him more than suitable. Sheesh, being king is what he's trained for his whole life. It is, literally (if you interpret the rules of ascension correctly) his God given right. And, face it, if he did play hide the sausage during his marriage to Di, he'd hardly be the first heir to the throne/king to do so... umm, Henry VIII anyone? Yeah. Let the guy be king I say.

Sorry. It's a huge bugbear of mine. I'm not a royalist by the way. Just a romantic.
        sigpic

Comment

Don't apologise, Cags, I'm with you 100% on that one. Don't see why there was such a fuss earlier this week when he said Camilla may be Queen. As far as I'm concerned, if you're married to the King, that makes you Queen. It's just the Daily Fail Diana hagiography.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Cags, Josi, you can tell I never did pay attention to that because I literally had no idea. LOL.

In that case, he should get to be King as his right says so!

Sanctuary
            Spoiler:
            I have to say that I did really enjoy that. A few things confused me/bugged me but overall it was great!
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*waves*

I think I may have overdone it a bit today. Ran 4 miles, had a voice lesson, doing laundry, and going to yoga at 7. *yawn* I'm brewing some tea right now to get me through the last bit of the day.

Massive huggles to Bree & Char

Glad the woohoo meet was such a spectacular success. Also glad to see that we have some very handy (legoly speaking) woohoos!

Just to show you what a non-brit I am, when Jumble mentioned Will & Kate giving her a 4 day weekend in April, all I could think of was, "is there going to be a Sanctuary con in the UK this spring?"
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Ok wait... you UK'ers get days off because of that wedding? Seriously?
                I mean... William isn't even the next in line, right?
                I know how it works having a Royal Family, but this is pushing it guys. I bet that if I go down to Amsterdam that day, half of the UK population will be there, instead of watching the wedding...
                Of course we get a day off, why woodn't we? Any excuse, right?

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                I think he will be King next. They say he will be anyway.

And that may be true.
                Absolutely not! Charles is next in line and deserves to be King. And it's Camilla's right to be his Queen.

Intentional confusion on my part

Yeah, I know, but look at me not complaining about an extra day off.

Totally with you there!

And someone please tell me why I need so many ''Animus'' screencaps?
                .... because there was soooo much Tesla?

...Think I can blame Martin for my obsessive saving of caps? Because I do.
                *huggles Martin and protects him from all blame*

I feel so sorry for him, really. Everyone paints him as the bad egg in his relationship with Diana but he was forced to give up the woman he did love and into an arranged marriage with someone he didn't... and Diana was not faithful either. She was just more beautiful, interesting and knew how to manipulate the media better. And people want him to step aside for Wills to rule just because of that and becuase he did finally marry the woman he loved. He had the balls to stand up for what he wanted (in the end) and right a mistake... I think that makes him more than suitable. Sheesh, being king is what he's trained for his whole life. It is, literally (if you interpret the rules of ascension correctly) his God given right. And, face it, if he did play hide the sausage during his marriage to Di, he'd hardly be the first heir to the throne/king to do so... umm, Henry VIII anyone? Yeah. Let the guy be king I say.

Sorry. It's a huge bugbear of mine. I'm not a royalist by the way. Just a romantic.
                I share the same bugbear and agree with you totally! IMO, Diana was the worst thing that ever happened to our Royal Family and it wood be a tragedy if Charles and Camilla were made to suffer any further on her behalf. And I don't believe William wood allow himself to be used to usurp his father in that way.

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Don't apologise, Cags, I'm with you 100% on that one. Don't see why there was such a fuss earlier this week when he said Camilla may be Queen. As far as I'm concerned, if you're married to the King, that makes you Queen. It's just the Daily Fail Diana hagiography .
                Absolutely right......... even if I did have to go and look that word up

Any of you other UK WooHoos feel insulted by the 'English' accents in Animus? Amanda is the only one that got it even close

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  *waves*

I think I may have overdone it a bit today. Ran 4 miles, had a voice lesson, doing laundry, and going to yoga at 7. *yawn* I'm brewing some tea right now to get me through the last bit of the day.
                  *hugs*

Tea will help.
                  sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*hugs*

Tea will help.
                    How is it that tea helps everything?
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      Absolutely right......... even if I did have to go and look that word up
                      Sorry

Any of you other UK WooHoos feel insulted by the 'English' accents in Animus? Amanda is the only one that got it even close
                      Yeah... plus I kind of wish that they would find out a bit more what England is actually like - after this last season...

...we now get Oldham as some kind of cute country town in the Yorkshire Dales, rather than a huge honkin' suburb of Manchester

Edit: For non-UKers, I should say that Essex actually looks more like this
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I first misread it as 'Odiham', and thought OMG! that's only three miles away............

Like they were actually filming it there D'oh!

Edit: Yeah, Essex is as flat as a pancake I know this because I used to be an Essex girl

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          How is it that tea helps everything?
                          Um... magical powers that perk you up? There is probably a real reason... I just don't know it.

Jumble - it might be because I was a wee bit too young when Diana married Charles, but I honestly don't know much about it. I'll just bow to you all having more wisdom about it than me
                          Actually, I wasn't even alive then. So all I have is the way my mum gushed over Diana.
                          That and what I have heard on the BBC over the past week.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Um... magical powers that perk you up? There is probably a real reason... I just don't know it.

Jumble - it might be because I was a wee bit too young when Diana married Charles, but I honestly don't know much about it. I'll just bow to you all having more wisdom about it than me
                            Actually, I wasn't even alive then. So all I have is the way my mum gushed over Diana.
                            That and what I have heard on the BBC over the past week.
                            Ah, that wood explain it You've only heard the pro-Diana opinions. There are a lot of us that saw her as a jumped-up little tart that married Charles for the limelight and cheated on him when she found she wasn't going to be the pampered little princess that she'd expected to be. I'm not a Royalist particularly, but I cheered VERY loud when he finally married Camilla, the woman he's loved all his life and whom he should have been allowed to marry 40 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              Ah, that wood explain it You've only heard the pro-Diana opinions.
                              Yes, though I don't think I've ever stated an opinion on her one way or the other
                              EDIT: in that, I don't know what my opnion about her is.

There are a lot of us that saw her as a jumped-up little tart that married Charles for the limelight and cheated on him when she found she wasn't going to be the pampered little princess that she'd expected to be. I'm not a Royalist particularly, but I cheered VERY loud when he finally married Camilla, the woman he's loved all his life and whom he should have been allowed to marry 40/50 years ago.
                              That makes me feel so sorry for him

I'm more confused over why everyone keeps saying William is supposed to be the next king, though. Because I swear that's what everyone keeps telling me.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

From the GABIT thread..

Invitations have gone out tonight to the next group of people who have been drawn for the Cocktail Party tickets. Check your inboxes. You may have been lucky!

I need quick responses please.

Kay G4

Comment

Working...
                                X