Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by jumble View Post
    The UK has been warned to expect 6 inches of snow in the next few days Scotland is expected to take the brunt of it, so hopefully (and very selfishly ) it shouldn't affect any of us English WooHoos.
    I love the snow. I was brought up in So Calif where it snowed twice in all the years I lived there. I have live here for about 4 years now and to me snow is amazing and beautiful to watch (even if I use to be a skier). Didn't snow at sea level last year, but the year before we had a white Xmas. Quite lovely. So you have to forgive me if I ooh and ahh just a little as I watch it fall. We have had about 2/3 of an inch. Not a lot but still so wonderous for me.

    And on that thought....this is my 69 post!
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by llp View Post
      I love the snow. I was brought up in So Calif where it snowed twice in all the years I lived there. I have live here for about 4 years now and to me snow is amazing and beautiful to watch (even if I use to be a skier). Didn't snow at sea level last year, but the year before we had a white Xmas. Quite lovely. So you have to forgive me if I ooh and ahh just a little as I watch it fall. We have had about 2/3 of an inch. Not a lot but still so wonderous for me.
      Me too. And I used to live in Alaska, where we got lots and lots and lots (did I say "lots") of snow!

      Comment



        Originally posted by llp View Post
        I love the snow. I was brought up in So Calif where it snowed twice in all the years I lived there. I have live here for about 4 years now and to me snow is amazing and beautiful to watch (even if I use to be a skier). Didn't snow at sea level last year, but the year before we had a white Xmas. Quite lovely. So you have to forgive me if I ooh and ahh just a little as I watch it fall. We have had about 2/3 of an inch. Not a lot but still so wonderous for me.

        And on that thought....this is my 69 post!
        Oh you go right ahead and enjoy it

        Sadly in this country everything grinds to a halt when it snows, we're just not geared up for it I was stranded for 2 weeks last February. And if it's starting this early in the winter, heaven help us

        Comment


          *wanders in*
          *huggles Cags for being sick*
          *huggles Bekki for being back*

          Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          D'oh missed those links completely! Thanks .

          And a new development - I have a fan heater under my desk at work now so definitely not too cold for nekkid running .
          Woohood! Glad you're not too freezing - I am well into the winter mode of living in my extra jumpers and dragging the heater round after me at work to keep the cold at bay

          Originally posted by jumble View Post
          I showed "Jumble's Martin Book" to Josiane and Wendy yesterday - they were very impressed with your awesome artistic efforts *huggles again*
          We were and I was It's awesome!!!

          And I am really not ready for the snow to start, so let's hope it all keeps well to the north. Although it really is pretty parky out there already
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

          Comment


            Originally posted by josiane View Post
            *wanders in*
            *huggles Cags for being sick*
            *huggles Bekki for being back*



            Woohood! Glad you're not too freezing - I am well into the winter mode of living in my extra jumpers and dragging the heater round after me at work to keep the cold at bay



            We were and I was It's awesome!!!

            And I am really not ready for the snow to start, so let's hope it all keeps well to the north. Although it really is pretty parky out there already
            I'm not ready either............ I can't find my fat face boot slippers anywhere

            Originally posted by llp
            Stranded or not....you better get me in February! No excuses now!
            Oh don't worry, we'll find a way. You did say you could ski didn't you?

            Oh and make sure your pantry is full of wine if we can't go anywhere...wouldn't want to run out!
            That's a given
            Last edited by Jumble; 22 November 2010, 09:19 AM.

            Comment


              Indeed, I have arrived home. I was greeted in Nottingham by rain, not snow. But, I have to say, snow would be not so fun at the moment.

              I more crawled into my house... it's funny really. Except no one is here and I can't find any food, and certainly no milk for a decent cuppa!

              Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              *flails*

              The time of No-Bekki-in-the-thread is OVER!!! I had moved out of my house and driven the delightful 25 hours back to Queensland for the summer! My time is free, my life is totally unburdened and I am ready to PLAY!!!

              ...I apologise for not catching up...there are umpteen pages...so...

              WHAT HAVE I MISSED?

              *huggles everyone*

              *kisses Martin...on the cheek*
              YAY!!! Glad to hear you're back, Bekki!

              Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              D'oh missed those links completely! Thanks .

              And a new development - I have a fan heater under my desk at work now so definitely not too cold for nekkid running .
              That's handy... for nekkid running The bonus is that you're not cold either

              Originally posted by jumble View Post
              The UK has been warned to expect 6 inches of snow in the next few days Scotland is expected to take the brunt of it, so hopefully (and very selfishly ) it shouldn't affect any of us English WooHoos.

              Edit: Just heard that Wendy has arrived home safely
              I heard that there was a bit of snow in Hull... but I hope all we get is either nothing or little sprinkles. I got things to do!

              And yes, sorry for not getting on line straight away. Was trying to get in and settled.

              Originally posted by llp View Post
              I love the snow. I was brought up in So Calif where it snowed twice in all the years I lived there. I have live here for about 4 years now and to me snow is amazing and beautiful to watch (even if I use to be a skier). Didn't snow at sea level last year, but the year before we had a white Xmas. Quite lovely. So you have to forgive me if I ooh and ahh just a little as I watch it fall. We have had about 2/3 of an inch. Not a lot but still so wonderous for me.

              And on that thought....this is my 69 post!
              Despite my boo over snow, I do love that you love it

              Congrats on your '69 post!
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

              Comment


                *hugs Cags for being sick*
                *hugs Bekki* for being back yahoo!
                *hugs Wendy for making it safely home*

                Ahhh the weather...I'm so jealous at everyone getting snow! I *love* snow and I'm probably not seeing any of it this year! In here they are wondering where the heck winter is staying; it's still around the low 20s(in the 70s F). As much as I like the warmth, and no rain, for a girl who grew up with a lot of rain and cold, I miss it!
                sigpic

                Comment


                  OMG! Just watched Neighbours....... how could they? How COULD they??? *sobs*

                  Comment


                    *hugs Jann for missing out on the cold...* Wait, *congratulates Jann for missing out on the cold* Nah, sorry you're feeling you miss it. *hugs*

                    Oh dear, Jumble -- dare I ask what happened?? *hugs*
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      *hugs Cags for being sick*
                      *hugs Bekki* for being back yahoo!
                      *hugs Wendy for making it safely home*

                      Ahhh the weather...I'm so jealous at everyone getting snow! I *love* snow and I'm probably not seeing any of it this year! In here they are wondering where the heck winter is staying; it's still around the low 20s(in the 70s F). As much as I like the warmth, and no rain, for a girl who grew up with a lot of rain and cold, I miss it!
                      You'll see it eventually, I'm thinking! We had snow flurries last night here but darn it, I want a LOT of snow.

                      Um. Hi woohoos!!!! *major squishes*

                      Picspam!








                      My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                      Comment


                        lol you can tell Canterbury's in the south of the country, it's been relatively *warm* here today (or maybe that was just me and the massive back of food shopping going up the hill... )

                        *waves to Bekki*

                        I'm a bit of a JA-addict, I blame my mother I was indoctrinated P&P is my favourite and love the '95 version but hate the '05 version - so cringeworthy, but there are some period ones I don't like, never *really* got into Dickens and not a big fan of North and South, or some of George Elliot's stuff
                        I've read 33 of the BBC's list and 27 on the other one
                        sigpicMy Fanfic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

                          Yeah... Jane Austen. See I got as far as P&P and gave up. Love the films/TV adaptations but the books; urgh, so hard to read. Then again, I've seen people say the same about Tolkien and I own everything he ever wrote. Different strokes and all that.
                          LOL. I think Jane Austen's writing is absolute perfection where Tolkien, to me, is unreadable.

                          Re: 2nd list. This is what I've read:
                          Spoiler:
                          2. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
                          4. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
                          5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, JK Rowling
                          6. To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
                          7. Winnie the Pooh, AA Milne
                          8. Nineteen Eighty-Four, George Orwell
                          9. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, CS Lewis
                          10. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë
                          11. Catch-22, Joseph Heller
                          12. Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë
                          14. Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier
                          16. The Wind in the Willows, Kenneth Grahame
                          18. Little Women, Louisa May Alcott
                          20. War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy
                          21. Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
                          22. Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone, JK Rowling
                          23. Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets, JK Rowling
                          24. Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, JK Rowling
                          26. Tess Of The D'Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy
                          27. Middlemarch, George Eliot
                          28. A Prayer For Owen Meany, John Irving
                          29. The Grapes Of Wrath, John Steinbeck
                          30. Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, Lewis Carroll
                          32. One Hundred Years Of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez
                          34. David Copperfield, Charles Dickens
                          35. Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Roald Dahl
                          38. Persuasion, Jane Austen
                          39. Dune, Frank Herbert
                          40. Emma, Jane Austen
                          41. Anne Of Green Gables, LM Montgomery
                          42. Watership Down, Richard Adams
                          43. The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
                          46. Animal Farm, George Orwell
                          47. A Christmas Carol, Charles Dickens
                          51. The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
                          52. Of Mice And Men, John Steinbeck
                          53. The Stand, Stephen King
                          54. Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy
                          58. Black Beauty, Anna Sewell
                          59. Artemis Fowl, Eoin Colfer
                          60. Crime And Punishment, Fyodor Dostoyevsky
                          63. A Tale Of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
                          64. The Thorn Birds, Colleen McCollough
                          70. Lord Of The Flies, William Golding
                          74. Matilda, Roald Dahl
                          75. Bridget Jones's Diary, Helen Fielding
                          78. Ulysses, James Joyce
                          79. Bleak House, Charles Dickens
                          80. Double Act, Jacqueline Wilson
                          87. Brave New World, Aldous Huxley
                          88. Cold Comfort Farm, Stella Gibbons
                          92. The Clan Of The Cave Bear, Jean M Auel
                          94. The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho
                          95. Katherine, Anya Seton
                          97. Love In The Time Of Cholera, Gabriel García Márquez
                          99. The Princess Diaries, Meg Cabot


                          A bit fewer than on the first list, but not bad. More popular stuff on this list, for sure.

                          Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                          *flails*

                          The time of No-Bekki-in-the-thread is OVER!!! I had moved out of my house and driven the delightful 25 hours back to Queensland for the summer! My time is free, my life is totally unburdened and I am ready to PLAY!!!

                          ...I apologise for not catching up...there are umpteen pages...so...

                          WHAT HAVE I MISSED?

                          *huggles everyone*

                          *kisses Martin...on the cheek*
                          Woo! WB!!

                          This morning's baby decided to show just how he felt about being brought into the world as I was snapping the photo...
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

                          come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                            *hugs Jann for missing out on the cold...* Wait, *congratulates Jann for missing out on the cold* Nah, sorry you're feeling you miss it. *hugs*
                            *hugs back* Perhaps I can buy some fake snow...throw it down from the 8th floor I'm living on, run down...and hopefully am on time to stand under it and get the feeling that it snows!

                            Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            You'll see it eventually, I'm thinking! We had snow flurries last night here but darn it, I want a LOT of snow.

                            Um. Hi woohoos!!!! *major squishes*
                            Good; I better see some this year!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                              You'll see it eventually, I'm thinking! We had snow flurries last night here but darn it, I want a LOT of snow.

                              Um. Hi woohoos!!!! *major squishes*
                              You could come visit me. I have a spare room I can fix up.

                              It's been snowing all morning here, and is already nearly a foot deep in places. I got very brave and drove over to Safeway to get a few things, and remembered how to drive in snow and ice - very slowly - and did rather well. A few other people weren't faring so well, seeing as there were a couple of cars who got real friendly with curbs, and there were some emergency vehicles out.

                              I don't mind. I think it's beautiful. My cat wanted out awhile ago, so I tossed her into a little pile of snow, and she literally bounced right out of it onto a dry spot, which had me laughing loudly. She doesn't like getting wet. She did, however, seem to think it was fun to bat the snow around from her dry spot. She also didn't last long outside before she started demanding to be let back in. I'm sure she feels that dry and warm is better than snowy and cold and wet.

                              Comment


                                *waves to Amanda*

                                Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                *hugs back* Perhaps I can buy some fake snow...throw it down from the 8th floor I'm living on, run down...and hopefully am on time to stand under it and get the feeling that it snows!
                                I suggest something more hi-tech. I think gravity might defeat you here if you don't What about something you could set up that has a delay on it, so it starts the "snow" as you get outside?
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X