Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Time for some serious?

    “You can shed tears that [he] is gone,
    or you can smile because [he] has lived.
    You can close your eyes and pray that [he'll] come back,
    or you can open your eyes and see all [he']s left.
    Your heart can be empty because you can't see [him],
    or you can be full of the love you shared.
    You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
    or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
    You can remember [him] only that [he] is gone,
    or you can cherish [his] memory and let it live on.
    You can cry and close your mind,
    be empty and turn your back.
    Or you can do what [he'd] want:
    smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”
    ~ David Harkins


    Not sure if that helps or not. I still get ticked off at people who try to tell me to move on and live my life the way my mom would want. So, if you wanna' ignore this one, that' ok.
    sigpic

    Comment


      *huggles Cags*

      Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
      Okay, my step mom just sent this to me. I had to share.

      Why men aren't allowed to take phone messages:


      Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      *waves Sarai off to bed*

      Now I have all the PTB booty to myself! Muwahahahahaha!!
      Not if I can help it!!
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

      Comment


        *runs around nekkid*

        I have never been this happy about the fact knowing that I don't have an exam in 2 or 3 weeks

        *hugs Cags* Good to hear you got some sleep

        Now time for some relaxation....and then homework again*le sigh*
        sigpic

        Comment


          ROFL watching a TV show right now and someone just said "I love the smell of Wood" (for a job interview) ...it cracked me up...for guttery reasons and the obvious Martin one...

          If you smell him does that mean he is nearby *waggles eyebrows*
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by josiane View Post
            *bounces through*
            Ooh, Twin! *huggles Twin*

            And I neglected to say before (bad me) - Jumble, the superspy vid is AWESOME!

            *bounces out, all the way to bed*
            Thank you

            Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Evening Woohoos.


            You're doing an awesome job of it too.

            Well I said make me smile and you certainly did that! *huggles*

            What is this talk of booty? Aren't they things you stick on little babies feet?

            *iz innocent*
            See, that's what I thought....... but apparently it's spelled differently. What a difference a 'y' can make



            Seriously, thanks for the laughs. It's been a bit of a day for that all told. It started at the registrars office where we were shown into the "lavender room" - except it was really exactly the wrong shade of lilac to be soothing (and had an annoying hummy flickery strip light and an empty tissue box just to, y'know, make the bereaved rellies feel really at ease! )
            Then there was the funeral directors and much hilarity over the thought of stick Charles in a coffin with a picture of The Last Supper on the inside of the lid. I kid you not, there was one on offer. I mean, religious, he wasn't - it'd pee him off something rotten, but only marginally less than if we'd swapped it out for a picture of a speed camera in there. Since he specialised in being antagonistic (with a smile on his face) it's be only what he deserved.
            There's other stuff we're giggling about still, which I won't tell you all of since it might spoil the surprise but one thing Charles always told me (and everyone else who would listen... ad nauseum as it happens) is that he wanted to be there at his wake - he wants his coffin to be used as the bar for his funeral... um, so, well, that's sorted. He's coming home on Thursday, we'll have a bloody good party that night, drink a drink or ten to him, probably crack open the coffin and pour a couple of scotches in there and then the funeral is on Friday 12th. Do you think I'm joking about cracking open the coffin... hah, you haven't met the family!
            Glad you got it sorted the way he wanted And I'm booking the 12th off work as we speak


            Hah! The things I have to do to get Joe to myself. *smooches Joe*

            Awesome teeshirt, by the way. He WILL wear that, you can be sure!

            I think she should be forced to LOOK at them AND comment on how gorgeous he really is. Now that would make me feel so much better.
            Because it's you, and because I will do anything to make you feel better....

            RDA is GORGEOUS!!!!


            I stop one stop short of demanding Jumble say RDA is better than Martin because even I'm not that cruel... and anyway, he's not.
            Did I say I'd do anything? Sorry Cags, not even for you could I force myself to say that

            I am. Like a pendulum and I appreciate both, thank you.


            Can you repost the download link to your new video please Jumble? I can't be bothered to try and remember my BAM password right now. It's in there somewhere.
            You need a password to see it? Didn't realise that

            Here's the link - Martin Wood - SuperSpy.



            Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            Okay, my step mom just sent this to me. I had to share.

            Why men aren't allowed to take phone messages:


            Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            *waves Sarai off to bed*

            Now I have all the PTB booty to myself! Muwahahahahaha!!
            Just you keep your hands off my Martin's booty!!!!!

            Originally posted by starlover View Post
            ROFL watching a TV show right now and someone just said "I love the smell of Wood" (for a job interview) ...it cracked me up...for guttery reasons and the obvious Martin one...

            If you smell him does that mean he is nearby *waggles eyebrows*
            If I smell him, it means his t-shirt isn't far away

            Comment


              I never post fic announcements here, but for this I will. In keeping with Jumble's passing on of Cags' request to be happy, I wrote a fic. It might not feel like it at first, but I think it does at the end.

              Meaning of Life Stuff.

              I hope you don't mind me posting the link here.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

              Comment


                Thanks Pol, you're always welcome here

                *goes off to read fic*
                Last edited by Jumble; 29 October 2010, 03:45 AM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  I never post fic announcements here, but for this I will. In keeping with Jumble's passing on of Cags' request to be happy, I wrote a fic. It might not feel like it at first, but I think it does at the end.

                  Meaning of Life Stuff.

                  I hope you don't mind me posting the link here.
                  Thanks for posting it

                  I'll read it as soon as I can
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

                  Comment


                    Ever have one of those people who just rubs you the wrong way? There's a lady like that in one of my adoption groups right now. She keeps pushing us (like, everyone else in the group) to adopt from Bulgaria, which is...how to put it...well...there's not pretty way, really...they're having a clearance sale on their special-needs kids in the orphanages. Which raises some flags, for many reasons, and then she gets all snippy when I try to point out those flags. WTHeck?
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      Ever have one of those people who just rubs you the wrong way? There's a lady like that in one of my adoption groups right now. She keeps pushing us (like, everyone else in the group) to adopt from Bulgaria, which is...how to put it...well...there's no pretty way, really...they're having a clearance sale on their special-needs kids in the orphanages. Which raises some flags, for many reasons, and then she gets all snippy when I try to point out those flags. WTHeck?
                      I've had to take several deep breaths before responding to this, because my first reaction was impolite, to put it mildly

                      Nobody has the right to speak to you that way. It's entirely up to you and your family to decide whether or not you could offer a home to any specific child. Yes, there are a heck of a lot of needy children in the world, and knowing you, you'd love to take care of them all if it were at all possible and practical. But it just isn't, and you can't and shouldn't be made to feel in any way guilty about that. The existing members of your family have to be your first priority, their needs come first in everything, particularly when it comes to considering taking on a new member of that family.

                      If that lady is able to help one of the Bulgarian children, good for her, I wish her well and admire her enormously. But there is no way in the world that she or anyone else should do that without taking into account the needs of that child and the impact they may have on the family that they are joining.

                      Ignore her LJ, she doesn't have your family's best interests at heart.

                      *hugs*

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        I've had to take several deep breaths before responding to this, because my first reaction was impolite, to put it mildly

                        Nobody has the right to speak to you that way. It's entirely up to you and your family to decide whether or not you could offer a home to any specific child. Yes, there are a heck of a lot of needy children in the world, and knowing you, you'd love to take care of them all if it were at all possible and practical. But it just isn't, and you can't and shouldn't be made to feel in any way guilty about that. The existing members of your family have to be your first priority, their needs come first in everything, particularly when it comes to considering taking on a new member of that family.

                        If that lady is able to help one of the Bulgarian children, good for her, I wish her well and admire her enormously. But there is no way in the world that she or anyone else should do that without taking into account the needs of that child and the impact they may have on the family that they are joining.

                        Ignore her LJ, she doesn't have your family's best interests at heart.

                        *hugs*
                        Thanks Jumble. I just found out she's actually a birthmom who placed her child years ago. Makes me wonder why she's offering advice to hopeful adoptive parents I would love to snatch up a couple dozen Bulgarian kids and take them home, but--as you say--I have to take my kids' welfare into consideration. That lady just doesn't seem to get that. She seems to have the attitude that something as insignificant as Fetal Alcohol Syndrome shouldn't keep people from adopting a child. Not saying FAS kids are unadoptable, just that the adoptive family needs to go into a situation like that with their eyes wide open and fully educated about the challenges they may be facing...which doesn't always happen when you adopt from an orphanage. Some of these kids have zero medical history. That's what I get for trying to have an informative discussion.

                        From now on, less serious talk and more nekkid running. That'll make the adoption ladies take pause... heeheehee
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                          Thanks Jumble. I just found out she's actually a birthmom who placed her child years ago. Makes me wonder why she's offering advice to hopeful adoptive parents I would love to snatch up a couple dozen Bulgarian kids and take them home, but--as you say--I have to take my kids' welfare into consideration. That lady just doesn't seem to get that. She seems to have the attitude that something as insignificant as Fetal Alcohol Syndrome shouldn't keep people from adopting a child. Not saying FAS kids are unadoptable, just that the adoptive family needs to go into a situation like that with their eyes wide open and fully educated about the challenges they may be facing...which doesn't always happen when you adopt from an orphanage. Some of these kids have zero medical history. That's what I get for trying to have an informative discussion.
                          Hm. So she doesn't even have any experience of caring for an adopted child? More shame on her for trying to tell you how to go about it then.

                          From now on, less serious talk and more nekkid running. That'll make the adoption ladies take pause... heeheehee
                          Oh yes, if in doubt, RUN NEKKID!!!!



                          I've finally given in to pressure and got myself an appointment with the Doctor This cough has been getting worse all week and is really hurting my chest, so I reckon there could well be some hefty doses of antibiotics in my immediate future

                          Comment


                            Morning Woohoos!

                            Today is 'run errands till you drop day.' I dropped off my car for it's annual service and now I'm having some lovely tea while waiting for my ring to be sized at the jeweler. They're actually just putting the little beads in it. It's my mom's ring and I actually had it sized down about 3 years ago, but it's still just slightly too big. I love the shocked expression on jewelers' faces when they get a gander of my ring size.

                            I love getting my days off in the middle of the week. Makes me feel like such a sophisticated urbanite.

                            I hope everyone is having a great day. Loving the Beatles station playing in the tea shop along with my Earl grey.
                            sigpic

                            come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              Morning Woohoos!

                              Today is 'run errands till you drop day.' I dropped off my car for it's annual service and now I'm having some lovely tea while waiting for my ring to be sized at the jeweler. They're actually just putting the little beads in it. It's my mom's ring and I actually had it sized down about 3 years ago, but it's still just slightly too big. I love the shocked expression on jewelers' faces when they get a gander of my ring size.

                              I love getting my days off in the middle of the week. Makes me feel like such a sophisticated urbanite.

                              I hope everyone is having a great day. Loving the Beatles station playing in the tea shop along with my Earl grey.
                              Ah the life of the leisure at heart! That is the one thing I miss about living here on Mercer Island. Only "tea house" is a Starbucks or similar....not the same! Enjoy your time as the Miss Sophisticated Urbanite!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Hm. Well I was right about the antibiotics. Chronic bronchitis apparently

                                Which, according to the guy that was chatting me up in the waiting-room is cool because he has the same thing so we can't infect each other

                                Men!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X