The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all !

Can't believe Martin mentioned us in an interview, isn't he awesome?!! I was on the train when Josi told me to get over to Gateworld, I swear I screamed and the whole carriage looked at me!! *squishy huggles Martin and Amanda*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Oh we do! Anyone want to volunteer to design them? I'm sure Sarai said she could get some made........
    Certainly could. Anyone fancy throwing their hand in with the design?

As far as I'm concerned it's happening, although I think it might be a quiet one because Josiane can't make it So just you, me, Sarai and Cags if we can drag her down here. Or have I got Josiane and Sarai round the wrong way? I'd better check
    As it stands right now I'm afraid to say I probably won't be able to make it . Will definitely keep you all posted though, I'd love to come, really want to see you guys before Christmas!

Yep, Thursday is good

I have no idea, everything north of London is a total mystery to me
    Even though you've been here?!! That and the fact that Leeds is in Yorkshire and Nottingham is in the Midlands. Bit of a clue .

*huggles Jumble*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Evening all !

Can't believe Martin mentioned us in an interview, isn't he awesome?!! I was on the train when Josi told me to get over to Gateworld, I swear I screamed and the whole carriage looked at me!! *squishy huggles Martin and Amanda*
      I think there was a fair amount of screaming thoughout the WooHoo world
      Certainly could. Anyone fancy throwing their hand in with the design?
      I'll give it a go, but I'll need some suggestions of what sort of thing we want, and how simple does it have to be? What about size? Never designed a t-shirt before, so I have no idea But it has to be special!!

As it stands right now I'm afraid to say I probably won't be able to make it . Will definitely keep you all posted though, I'd love to come, really want to see you guys before Christmas!
      Oh no! What a shame

Even though you've been here?!! That and the fact that Leeds is in Yorkshire and Nottingham is in the Midlands. Bit of a clue .

*huggles Jumble*

I may have 'been' to Leeds, but that doesn't mean I have the slightest idea where it is in relation to Nottingham, or Timbuktu for that matter

But I do know where Vancouver is

Edit: Roughly

Comment

I'll give it a go, but I'll need some suggestions of what sort of thing we want, and how simple does it have to be? What about size? Never designed a t-shirt before, so I have no idea But it has to be special!!
        These are the guidelines for the site I used (zazzle.com):

# horizontal: 2100 x 1800 pixels = 14" x 12"
        # vertical: 1800 x 2100 pixels = 12" x 14"

cafepress.com likes 2000 x 2000 pixels
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          These are the guidelines for the site I used (zazzle.com):

# horizontal: 2100 x 1800 pixels = 14" x 12"
          # vertical: 1800 x 2100 pixels = 12" x 14"

cafepress.com likes 2000 x 2000 pixels
          Thanks LJ, that's very helpful

Comment

Thanks LJ, that's very helpful
            No worries. Maybe you should make it an Art Thread challenge?
            sigpic

Comment

No worries. Maybe you should make it an Art Thread challenge?
              Hm. I guess we could, or maybe make it a WooHoo Artwork Challenge? Not sure that any non-WooHoos wood be interested

Comment

Jumble with the t-shirts it really depends on the kind of thing we want. I can tell you though that it's cheaper to print less colours and have it better quality - probably not a great idea to put a photo on there for example. Also, say we want text if you make up the design and then I'll re-make it using Adobe Illustrator as that program is based on vector graphics rather than bitmap which means we'll be able to scale up the design without losing quality.

Comment

Jumble with the t-shirts it really depends on the kind of thing we want. I can tell you though that it's cheaper to print less colours and have it better quality - probably not a great idea to put a photo on there for example. Also, say we want text if you make up the design and then I'll re-make it using Adobe Illustrator as that program is based on vector graphics rather than bitmap which means we'll be able to scale up the design without losing quality.
                  Yeah, see? I knew this wood get technical

So no photos? Just something like a banner saying............ what? Ideas please! Obviously it has to say 'WooHoo' in there somewhere.....

And I'm not sure I'm the right person to produce something that's not majorly colourful

Comment

If you use zazzle or cafepress, it's just one price, no matter what you stick on it. Cafepress recommends PNG files, because they have transparent backgrounds. You should go check out some of the stuff they have available to buy--wow, talented people out there! I wish I had seen the one that says "I'm not rude, you're insignificant" sooner. Darn!
                    sigpic

Comment

Evening Woohoos

Jann, gorgeous photos! You wouldn't have got me on that rock either I'm fine with heights as long as there is a barrier between me and the drop

How about using some of our Woohoo-esque stuff? The sprites or the broccoli?

Hmm, will have a think... I'm sure our combined brainpower and artistic skills will be able to come up with something

I may have 'been' to Leeds, but that doesn't mean I have the slightest idea where it is in relation to Nottingham, or Timbuktu for that matter
                      Well.... we did drive past Nottingham on the M1 on the way to Leeds. I'm pretty sure I pointed it out even

*hugs*

But I do know where Vancouver is

Edit: Roughly
                      Your Martin-sense tells you, right?
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

See, this has lots of color...

...and now I'm wondering if I should make one of these for Nate's birthday, with the dragon pic I made...
                        sigpic

Comment

Look! I found one for Bekki! LOL!

sigpic

Comment

If you use zazzle or cafepress, it's just one price, no matter what you stick on it. Cafepress recommends PNG files, because they have transparent backgrounds. You should go check out some of the stuff they have available to buy--wow, talented people out there! I wish I had seen the one that says "I'm not rude, you're insignificant" sooner. Darn!
                            It's more the quality of the print I'm talking about - those will be vinyl or digital print. Screen print is the best quality print but for that the price increases with the more colours you use. It's really a case of waiting to see what the design is like before we choose which way to go - which way is cheaper!

I like the idea of some text, obviously including "Woohoos" and I also love the broccoli idea too , we should definitely come up with a few different designs .

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Evening Woohoos

Jann, gorgeous photos! You wouldn't have got me on that rock either I'm fine with heights as long as there is a barrier between me and the drop

How about using some of our Woohoo-esque stuff? The sprites or the broccoli?
                              Yep, we have to include those

Hmm, will have a think... I'm sure our combined brainpower and artistic skills will be able to come up with something
                              I'm happy for anyone to have a go at it, then we can choose which we all like

But I'm quite drawn to the idea of having Martin on my ......... er... hm

Well.... we did drive past Nottingham on the M1 on the way to Leeds. I'm pretty sure I pointed it out even

*hugs*
                              You probably did, but you know what I'm like I'm apparently really good at remembering Sanctuary ep titles when someone says 'the one where.....', but anything else? Not a hope

Your Martin-sense tells you, right?

I woodn't call what I have Martin 'sense'

Comment

This one is funny (heeheehee), but you can see what Sarai is talking about w/ the font pixalizing...

Too bad, cuz it's hilarious!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X