The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all,

I dropped off the face of the earth last night after Sanctuary because it was way past my post-call bedtime. BTW, Kali3 is free on iTunes right now. (US iTunes I'd imagine, but worth checking out.)

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    The part where he was amazed at how he has fans really made me smile. Not that he thought he wouldn't have any, because I'd be worried if he didn't (because, HI, amazing!) but because it makes him smile knowing we WooHoos are his fans. At least, the fans he's heard of.

...I don't think Jumble will hurt you...

I think good directors go unnoticed on TV by the fans sometimes because good direction is unintrusive while, bad directing sticks out like a sore thumb. (((Martin)))

Originally posted by jumble View Post

..... I'm really glad about that, that they know not to take too much notice of the negativity that percolates through the net, and on GW in particular. I know we WooHoos have a very small voice as far as the world goes, but I guess we've shouted just loud enough for them to hear
    Yes, the internet is a great place for people to snark without consequence for sure. I'm cool with snarky as long as you have the cojones to not be anonymous about it.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    I actually think the SyFy boards are worse than GW...
    They are. Mostly because they are not as heavily mod'd as GW. But, I have to admit I made the most amazing friends over there during my BSG fandom days, including my current roomie. Participating over there during those 3 years was amazing. But eventually the place broke down due to lack of moderation.
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Yeah meh. It's a lot of whining, complaining and ''is AT pregnant?'' kind of stuff.
      Or it was. I don't lurk there anymore either...
      Whining? Complaining? Huh! As if we'd ever do that here..........

Trust me. I so do not want to be your pimp!
      No, I can't imagine there'd be much profit in it Stick to the broccoli, it pays better

Oh Martin... You made Amanda look good again...
      The man's a magician, he even managed to make me look good

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!

Poor Joe, having his birthday party hijacked like this
      I know, sorry Joe

But actually, you can blame the awesome Martin for that

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      ... and it's taken me this long to catch up with the thread.

I have nothing more to add except...

<lazy snip>

Aw, how utterly Awesome. Just, Awesome and... AWESOME!

*plants big smoochy sloppy wet kiss of Martin's cheek*

Because making people happy is something of a talent of his and I, for one, am grateful that he's got it.
      It certainly is, and I think we're all very grateful for it

Oh and, of course...

*squishy huggles Amanda too* because she's at least part way responsible you know... if not a little bit more. and now, even more, I am looking forward to passing that hug on at AT5
      Sooooo glad we went for those tickets! Really can't wait to see her again

You know, I think we need some Woohoo tee shirts or badges to wear at AT5. Just so people know to avoid the crazies.
      Oh we do! Anyone want to volunteer to design them? I'm sure Sarai said she could get some made........

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      I couldn't have said it better myself!

Omg, Cags is on to something here. We need badges for AT5

*squishy huggles woohoos, Martin and Amanda* For being the AWESOME ones that they are!
      *and Joe because it's his birthday* HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!

I'm off to work now. Despite what's happening there, I think today is gonna be gleeful because of this!
      I really hope you have a better day. Just keep that grin on your face and let them wonder what it's for

Comment

Awesome birthday art XFC

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        Morning all,

I dropped off the face of the earth last night after Sanctuary because it was way past my post-call bedtime. BTW, Kali3 is free on iTunes right now. (US iTunes I'd imagine, but worth checking out.)
        I'll wait until Tuesday and watch it on the big screen

I think good directors go unnoticed on TV by the fans sometimes because good direction is unintrusive while, bad directing sticks out like a sore thumb. (((Martin)))
        That's very true In fact, I'm sure I've heard Martin say something similar, that good directing is when you don't notice it at all

Um... that's not to say that..... er, we notice his for the wrong reasons of course!

Yes, the internet is a great place for people to snark without consequence for sure. I'm cool with snarky as long as you have the cojones to not be anonymous about it.
        I actually know what that word means, thanks to Laurie And yes, you're right.

They are. Mostly because they are not as heavily mod'd as GW. But, I have to admit I made the most amazing friends over there during my BSG fandom days, including my current roomie. Participating over there during those 3 years was amazing. But eventually the place broke down due to lack of moderation.
        There are still some places on GW that people have given up on because they are apparently not modded enough. I just stick to where I know I'm welcome and won't get jumped on for having a different opinion to others

Speaking of which, I found it interesting that Amanda apparently shares my belief that it's getting too late for the third SG1 movie...

AT: I’d do it. We had so much fun doing Continuum and Ark of Truth that I would do it, time permitting. But I think the window is closing, that’s for sure. That’s what it feels like. Had we shot it this past winter, that would have been a different thing. But I don’t know. Never say never.
        Last edited by Jumble; 16 October 2010, 04:43 AM. Reason: oops!

Comment

Argh! Someone just said Kali 3 is 'not bad'

Must stay away from other threads

Yes, I know, entitled to opinions and all that

And I keep forgetting to say, how fast was that GW interviewer to jump in with Yeah! the “Martin Woohoos.”?

Comment

*iz still squeeing*

tried to explain it to a friend tonight...he totally didnt get it
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              *iz still squeeing*

tried to explain it to a friend tonight...he totally didnt get it
              Wood love to have heard that conversation

Comment

Argh! Someone just said Kali 3 is 'not bad'

Must stay away from other threads
                A friend of mine in Boston tweeted to me that she had to watch it because I kept pimping it so hard, and having never watched an episode before, she really liked it. So, another new Sanctuary fan.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

A friend of mine in Boston tweeted to me that she had to watch it because I kept pimping it so hard, and having never watched an episode before, she really liked it. So, another new Sanctuary fan.
                  I've managed to get a lot of my RL friends sucked in too

I've just been listening back the Skype conversation I had with Laurie last night. Poor Laurie, she got to listen to me ramble for 3 hours And at least half of it was Martin this and Martin that and Martin said.... Oh dear

Comment

I've managed to get a lot of my RL friends sucked in too

I've just been listening back the Skype conversation I had with Laurie last night. Poor Laurie, she got to listen to me ramble for 3 hours And at least half of it was Martin this and Martin that and Martin said.... Oh dear
                    Hee! At least you can blame it on the wine. And Martin.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hee! At least you can blame it on the wine. And Martin.
                      Can't really blame Martin (except for the fact that he's awesome of course ), because this was before I'd seen the interview, so I guess just blame the wine

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Great Joe B-day artwork!

Happy Birthday Joe!!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Hmm. Apparently Jumble + wine + Sanctuary/SGA discussion = "Somewhat opinionated aren't we?"

Yes, listening to a recording of what one said the previous night is quite enlightening

Comment

Martin is AWESOME!!!

But it's Joe's bday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSEPH MALLOZZI!!

Thanks for the many, many years of awesome writing, and here's hoping for many more!
                            sigpic

Comment

APA sends the following via email. She spent last night in the ER with her mom and missed all the excitement and the Sanctuary premiere, too!

Awesome reference to Jumble by MW, though. I bet she's on cloud nine.... Woo-hood!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                Martin is AWESOME!!!

But it's Joe's bday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSEPH MALLOZZI!!

Thanks for the many, many years of awesome writing, and here's hoping for many more!
                                You're right, we've been neglecting Joe

How about I toss in some food and drink...........

Er..... no Joe, don't eat the balloons! They're for decoration only

Chocolate cake!!!

Fancy mixing us up some cocktails?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!
                                Hope it's an AWESOME one!

Comment

Working...
                                X