Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    What she said.

But it's not whining and complaining... It's um... sharing life stories? Heh...
    Ok, it *is* whining and complaing as well...
    Yup! The only thread on GW where you can come and moan about life and be guaranteed advice (wanted or not) and huggles

*iz still waiting for space in the inbox*

Edit: Finally!

Edit again: I know it's really early, but I've had an emotionally exhausting day so I'm off to bed. And if I manage to sleep for 7 hours, no doubt I'll be back here at around 5am

Woodnight WooHoos *hugs*

Comment

I like Nad's version of sharing life stories better. I am above moaning and complaining.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Well I'm glad we make you giggle But please feel free to whine and complain whenever you feel the need. Us WooHoos, we specialize in whining and complaining, and we've all Majored in Squishy huggling and sympathizing

Awww. And now you understand why I lurk. I'm just trying to absorb all the good vibes that float around here without the posting. *snatches a few huggles for good measure too*

OT RL rants
        Spoiler:

Can I ask for a favor? Are their car gods? If so I need prayers, incense burnings, offerings or whatever is appropriate as both of my kids have had car accidents. 2 accidents in 3 days. Thankfully no one's been hurt (one was hit and run) but it's looking like both cars will need to be replaced. Oh, and I'll take that lottery money if anyone's got some to spare.

Gooood!

Oh, thank you! *hugs*
        That means a lot. Not the getting you fired part, but the laughing part...

And yes, do delurk more often!
        Laughter is good. I should call you Doctor Nad for making me feel so good.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Yup! The only thread on GW where you can come and moan about life and be guaranteed advice (wanted or not) and huggles

*iz still waiting for space in the inbox*

Edit: Finally!

Edit again: I know it's really early, but I've had an emotionally exhausting day so I'm off to bed. And if I manage to sleep for 7 hours, no doubt I'll be back here at around 5am

Woodnight WooHoos *hugs*
          *sighs* And all that because she wants to tell me that she loves singing hedgehogs...
          *shakes head*

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
          I like Nad's version of sharing life stories better. I am above moaning and complaining.
          TeeHee
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
            Awww. And now you understand why I lurk. I'm just trying to absorb all the good vibes that float around here without the posting. *snatches a few huggles for good measure too*

OT RL rants
            Spoiler:

Can I ask for a favor? Are their car gods? If so I need prayers, incense burnings, offerings or whatever is appropriate as both of my kids have had car accidents. 2 accidents in 3 days. Thankfully no one's been hurt (one was hit and run) but it's looking like both cars will need to be replaced. Oh, and I'll take that lottery money if anyone's got some to spare.
            *hugs and good vibes*
            That's scary. And not pleasant at all.

Laughter is good. I should call you Doctor Nad for making me feel so good.
            Doctor Nad.
            That sounds kind of icky... Somewhat.
            But thanks again. I think.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*big squishy huggles for Estrela and kids*
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Icky? You can only be the kind of Doctor not the kind.

Boss alert. Now I really have to log off. *waves to Woohoos!*

ETA: Thanks Josi
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, the things you let them talk you in to...
                  I present you the first (rough) part of my very first WooHoo/Sanctuary FF...It needs some work and checking and correction, but hey...

I attempted to take a serious approach in order to make it look like fanfiction. I really did try. Can't write funny FF to save my life.

What happens when Helen 'prowls the forums'? Here's a sneak peek!

Finding WooHoodStock

Spoiler:

‘’The sun isn’t shining.’’
                  Helen looked up at Will from behind her desk. She would have rolled her eyes at him if he wouldn't have looked so… lost.
                  ‘’The sun is always shining.’’
                  He shrugged, but kept staring out of the window, to the dreadful world it gave access to.
                  ‘’It’s grey.’’
                  A soft sigh escaped her.
                  ‘’Now that’s a very clever observation Will.’’
                  She was trying to be patient with him. She really was, but he was being downright obnoxious. Not that she couldn’t deal with that, of course. She called Nikola Tesla a 'friend' and she dealt with people and abnormals who were ten times worse when it came to rubbing her the wrong way, but having Will mope around for over a week…
                  ‘’I’m gloomy.’’
                  Gloomy? She glared at her assistant and wondered what had gotten into him.
                  ‘’…And hungry.’’
                  He slouched on the sofa and stared at the ceiling. She had tried to cheer him up. She had made him work, think, eat and offered him the opportunity to go and look for an abnormal who was on the loose in Bora Bora. Nothing helped. Will Zimmerman was…
                  ‘’I think the Big Guy hates me.’’
                  …depressed. Slightly, probably due to the start of the fall or something like that, but it was driving her and the staff crazy. She had to do something. Anything. And suddenly, a light bulb switched on in her head. Helen grabbed her laptop and started typing.

-------------

‘’Ha, I found it!’’
                  She knew she sounded smug and that the expression on her face mirrored that, but she was quite proud of herself. She had been reading for half an hour and she wasn’t nearly done, but she knew she had found the cure for Will’s fall depression. The young man rolled from the sofa and stepped behind her to look at the computer screen.
                  ‘’What’s this? Obscure on line encyclopaedia? Top secret government database?’’
                  Helen couldn’t help but smile. He wasn’t even close. This wasn’t obscure, nor was it top secret…
                  ‘’This, my friend… is WooHoodStock’’

----------

He blinked. He smiled. He blinked again and Helen was pretty sure she saw him blush at times, but he was reading. His mouth opened to comment, but apparently the next line made him swallow his words. Will was scrolling and Helen still felt smug. At least he was doing something …somewhat productive.
                  ‘’How… What…’’
                  He looked up at his boss, a mixture of confusion and amusement evident in his eyes.
                  ‘’It‘s an on line forum. Kind of like the ones held in ancient Greece, but updated to modern times. This particular group is dedicated to a group of people with ,what is said, the power to make people happy at random. They call themselves ‘’The WooHoos’’, but they are also known as ‘’The Cult of Martin Wood’’.’’
                  Will nodded as he absentmindedly continued to read the words on screen. Helen clicked on a link on the page and found a video.
                  ‘’They celebrate significant dates, birthdays of their gods, birthdays of cult members… They have a very high sensitivity for certain numbers too. Somehow, the number 69 resembles something holy. I’m not sure what, because they’re a bit vague about certain things…’’
                  Will looked at the video and hummed along with the music playing.
                  ‘’Why are we watching a video about shorts?’’
                  Helen shrugged and moved the cursor, in order to get back to the main page.
                  ‘’I don’t know, Will. But I think it might have something to do with one of their gods. The shorts seem to go with Martin Wood himself. Food seems to be connected to one named Joe and the female goddess get mentioned in combination with hair a lot.’’
                  She squinted. As much as she hated to admit it, she got sucked in. The goddess had amazing shoes too… She glanced at Will, who seemed to be living in his own world now.
                  ‘’From what I gather, the members aren’t shy. The cult promotes nudity quite openly and I suspect that they have ties to the Hippy movement from the sixties…’’

They continued to read in silence for a while, both trying to take in what they came across. It was so much… Broccoli, hugs, campfires, poetry and songs. Every time a new page opened another random piece of information about the cult enfolded. It became clear that WooHoodStock was a place of love and giving in to obsession. Helen looked at her notes and wondered if she could ever make sense of them if she read it all back later. Will broke the silence.
                  ‘’Ok… Ok, ok… I feel… happy.’’
                  He had a silly grin to match his statement and she believed him. She was fascinated herself. She had seen vampires, mermaids and shape shifters, but these… WooHoos were a mystery to her.
                  ‘’Um… Magnus?’’
                  Helen shook her head in order to clear it. Will narrowed his eyes and continued to stare at the screen.
                  ‘’Will?’’
                  His mouth was slightly open and he pointed at whatever he was seeing.
                  ‘’There’s a picture of him.‘’
                  She looked at him, not knowing what in earth he was talking about.
                  ‘’The hedgehog.’’
                  Helen shook her head, that didn’t ring a bell. Will finally moved his attention to her instead of WooHoodStock and the strange creatures there.
                  ‘’Those WooHoos… They…’’
                  His eyes widened and Helen looked past him, to stare at the face she knew so well, while Will finished his sentence.
                  ‘’They have picures of Tesla…’’

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                  Icky? You can only be the kind of Doctor not the kind.

Boss alert. Now I really have to log off. *waves to Woohoos!*

ETA: Thanks Josi

*waves at the Boss* Just in case

sigpic

Comment

*huggles Estrela*

Oh, the things you let them talk you in to...
                    I present you the first (rough) part of my very first WooHoo/Sanctuary FF...It needs some work and checking and correction, but hey...

I attempted to take a serious approach in order to make it look like fanfiction. I really did try. Can't write funny FF to save my life.

What happens when Helen 'prowls the forums'? Here's a sneak peek!

Finding WooHoodStock

Spoiler:

‘’The sun isn’t shining.’’
                    Helen looked up at Will from behind her desk. She would have rolled her eyes at him if he wouldn't have looked so… lost.
                    ‘’The sun is always shining.’’
                    He shrugged, but kept staring out of the window, to the dreadful world it gave access to.
                    ‘’It’s grey.’’
                    A soft sigh escaped her.
                    ‘’Now that’s a very clever observation Will.’’
                    She was trying to be patient with him. She really was, but he was being downright obnoxious. Not that she couldn’t deal with that, of course. She called Nikola Tesla a 'friend' and she dealt with people and abnormals who were ten times worse when it came to rubbing her the wrong way, but having Will mope around for over a week…
                    ‘’I’m gloomy.’’
                    Gloomy? She glared at her assistant and wondered what had gotten into him.
                    ‘’…And hungry.’’
                    He slouched on the sofa and stared at the ceiling. She had tried to cheer him up. She had made him work, think, eat and offered him the opportunity to go and look for an abnormal who was on the loose in Bora Bora. Nothing helped. Will Zimmerman was…
                    ‘’I think the Big Guy hates me.’’
                    …depressed. Slightly, probably due to the start of the fall or something like that, but it was driving her and the staff crazy. She had to do something. Anything. And suddenly, a light bulb switched on in her head. Helen grabbed her laptop and started typing.

-------------

‘’Ha, I found it!’’
                    She knew she sounded smug and that the expression on her face mirrored that, but she was quite proud of herself. She had been reading for half an hour and she wasn’t nearly done, but she knew she had found the cure for Will’s fall depression. The young man rolled from the sofa and stepped behind her to look at the computer screen.
                    ‘’What’s this? Obscure on line encyclopaedia? Top secret government database?’’
                    Helen couldn’t help but smile. He wasn’t even close. This wasn’t obscure, nor was it top secret…
                    ‘’This, my friend… is WooHoodStock’’

----------

He blinked. He smiled. He blinked again and Helen was pretty sure she saw him blush at times, but he was reading. His mouth opened to comment, but apparently the next line made him swallow his words. Will was scrolling and Helen still felt smug. At least he was doing something …somewhat productive.
                    ‘’How… What…’’
                    He looked up at his boss, a mixture of confusion and amusement evident in his eyes.
                    ‘’It‘s an on line forum. Kind of like the ones held in ancient Greece, but updated to modern times. This particular group is dedicated to a group of people with ,what is said, the power to make people happy at random. They call themselves ‘’The WooHoos’’, but they are also known as ‘’The Cult of Martin Wood’’.’’
                    Will nodded as he absentmindedly continued to read the words on screen. Helen clicked on a link on the page and found a video.
                    ‘’They celebrate significant dates, birthdays of their gods, birthdays of cult members… They have a very high sensitivity for certain numbers too. Somehow, the number 69 resembles something holy. I’m not sure what, because they’re a bit vague about certain things…’’
                    Will looked at the video and hummed along with the music playing.
                    ‘’Why are we watching a video about shorts?’’
                    Helen shrugged and moved the cursor, in order to get back to the main page.
                    ‘’I don’t know, Will. But I think it might have something to do with one of their gods. The shorts seem to go with Martin Wood himself. Food seems to be connected to one named Joe and the female goddess get mentioned in combination with hair a lot.’’
                    She squinted. As much as she hated to admit it, she got sucked in. The goddess had amazing shoes too… She glanced at Will, who seemed to be living in his own world now.
                    ‘’From what I gather, the members aren’t shy. The cult promotes nudity quite openly and I suspect that they have ties to the Hippy movement from the sixties…’’

They continued to read in silence for a while, both trying to take in what they came across. It was so much… Broccoli, hugs, campfires, poetry and songs. Every time a new page opened another random piece of information about the cult enfolded. It became clear that WooHoodStock was a place of love and giving in to obsession. Helen looked at her notes and wondered if she could ever make sense of them if she read it all back later. Will broke the silence.
                    ‘’Ok… Ok, ok… I feel… happy.’’
                    He had a silly grin to match his statement and she believed him. She was fascinated herself. She had seen vampires, mermaids and shape shifters, but these… WooHoos were a mystery to her.
                    ‘’Um… Magnus?’’
                    Helen shook her head in order to clear it. Will narrowed his eyes and continued to stare at the screen.
                    ‘’Will?’’
                    His mouth was slightly open and he pointed at whatever he was seeing.
                    ‘’There’s a picture of him.‘’
                    She looked at him, not knowing what in earth he was talking about.
                    ‘’The hedgehog.’’
                    Helen shook her head, that didn’t ring a bell. Will finally moved his attention to her instead of WooHoodStock and the strange creatures there.
                    ‘’Those WooHoos… They…’’
                    His eyes widened and Helen looked past him, to stare at the face she knew so well, while Will finished his sentence.
                    ‘’They have picures of Tesla…’’

*waves at the Boss* Just in case

That's awesome Nad!!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Nad, that was so many shades of awesome it's not true! Love it
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks yessika and Josi!
                        *hugs*

sigpic

Comment

*likes the night off, hates the reason*
                          sigpic

Comment

OMG Nad that was freakin' hilarious! You rock!

*hugs LJ* May I ask why you have the night of or do you prefer not to tell it?
                            sigpic

Comment

*comes in*

*crawls under the bus and covers self with blankets*

*stays there*

Woodnight woohoos.
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                OMG Nad that was freakin' hilarious! You rock!

*hugs LJ* May I ask why you have the night of or do you prefer not to tell it?
                                Just the stomach flu. Bleh.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X