No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jumble.....thought I'd tell you I left a question for Amanda to see if she has opened the bottle of wine yet and if it was any good.....hoping the answer is yes to both!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Hey Jumble.....thought I'd tell you I left a question for Amanda to see if she has opened the bottle of wine yet and if it was any good.....hoping the answer is yes to both!
      I hope she answers, but I won't hold my breath

I've put a question about it for Tapping Tuesday as well, so you never know

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        I hope she answers, but I won't hold my breath
        Neither will I. First, with the cough it is almost impossible and second, I doubt she would answer any of my questions. (That doesn't sound right....I mean because I have had personal contact with her she would prefer to give the time to others!)
        sigpic

Comment

Neither will I. First, with the cough it is almost impossible and second, I doubt she would answer any of my questions. (That doesn't sound right....I mean because I have had personal contact with her she would prefer to give the time to others!)
          See edit ^^

Personal contact? You say that on this thread?????

She doesn't seem to answer tweets

Comment

See edit ^^

Personal contact? You say that on this thread?????

I meant when we went on the set tour.....sheeees!

She doesn't seem to answer tweets

She doesn't get tweets except the questions. She would be drowned in an avalance of questions if she did!

Now, I really need to get dressed and too the store..... or I won't get anything done. Actually, that would go right in line with about everything I've done in the last week. Being sick is BORING!
            sigpic

Comment

I meant when we went on the set tour.....sheeees!
              Yes, I vaguely remember a little personal contact on the Set Tour

She doesn't get tweets except the questions. She would be drowned in an avalance of questions if she did!
              She doesn't? Not much point in sending messages then

Now, I really need to get dressed and to the store..... or I won't get anything done. Actually, that would go right in line with about everything I've done in the last week. Being sick is BORING!
              *hugs* It's taking a while for you to shake that cough and cold isn't it?

Quoting back from when this thread began….

Nad - Yes. Mr. Wood is one great director. Really, his episodes always come out great. In fact, I dare to say that by letting Martin Wood direct an ep, guarantees a good one.

Wendy - Okay. I love Martin Wood for pretty much all of those reasons. He does the best episodes. His director series was the most entertaining... and personally, the "and cut" is the best CUT I've ever heard.

Wendy - It's true. He is a man good at his job, that's for sure. His episodes are always bigger, better, and more interesting to look at.

Jann - Yes. I don't know how, but he has a way with lightening setting stuff up the way it gets on tape...that you are just in awe! I love it. I mean you can write a great script and have great actors/actress but it still has to be good on tape...Martin assures us that that will happen

EH-T - Well it's about time we had a MW thread. Green to you for starting it.

I love Martin for a number of reasons. He's cute, witty, talented, a bit of a shipper (as am I) and always tended to hilight my favourite actress, Amanda Tapping. My favourite commentaries are the combination of Martin and Amanda. Informative (without being dry and technical)and funny!

Nad - Hey! Yeah, we were pretty surprised there wasn't a thread for Martin, already.

I'm with you, especially on the part of the MW/AT commentaries. They're great and very nice to listen to. In fact, I've been having a field day with the SGA S4 ones.

And I'm watching Sanctuary, it's an awesome show!

Bekki - Ode to A Genius (preferably accompanied by lute)

There was a man, I saw, I saw
              of skill with lense and thought
              Who directed aliens, warriors all
              and film'ed them as they fought

The glorious man of direction strong
              and comments both witty and true
              Was name'd so pretty befitting his wit, he
              is called Master Martin Woohood

EvenStar - Cool thread!

Martin Wood is probably my favorite Stargate director, and I'm loving his work on Sanctuary. In every interview or behind the scenes I've seen with him, he always seems just so excited about the work he's doing, his enthusiasm is infectious.

Wendy - Yesss. Absolutely. He enjoys it as much as we do watching it. It's great!
              Gosh, weren't we polite and restrained back then? It must have taken, oh, at least three pages before the gutter started creeping in.......

Comment

We you were. I waited until you'd gone completely gutter and then joined you.

And yeah, I think you should apply, Jumble. Although they all look a bit young and fresh faced for my tastes.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp
                  Originally posted by JUMBLE
                  Well, she might see them, but I don't think she ever replies to them. Otherwise, she would never be able to do anything else!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

And *fistpump* for MoB getting tickets! If we don't get to go you'll have to fill us in on all the gossip
                    Hee. Okay.

Gosh, weren't we polite and restrained back then? It must have taken, oh, at least three pages before the gutter started creeping in.......

You know, I just realized that it's 3 years ago yesterday that I sat for and passed my midwifery boards. SO hard to believe. I just plugged in the week's births and I have now brought 185 little munchkins into the world. Wow.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

We you were. I waited until you'd gone completely gutter and then joined you.

And yeah, I think you should apply, Jumble. Although they all look a bit young and fresh faced for my tastes.
                      That's.......... not exactly what I meant

Well, she might see them, but I don't think she ever replies to them. Otherwise, she would never be able to do anything else!
                      Then why ...........

never mind. Not in the best of moods atm.

Comment

That's.......... not exactly what I meant
                        I know... but young men like that... well, it's a fun and flippant thought.

*huggles for the mood* (me neither actually. I need to swallow some of my own advice sometimes instead of deliberately seeking out to mentally torture myself. )

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        Hee. Okay.

You know, I just realized that it's 3 years ago yesterday that I sat for and passed my midwifery boards. SO hard to believe. I just plugged in the week's births and I have now brought 185 little munchkins into the world. Wow.
                        Wowsers! 185 is awesome! You keep score? Well of course you do, why wouldn't you.

*huggles poorly Laurie too*
                        sigpic

Comment

Congrats MoB

Tbh, I'm not really that bothered. Much as I love Amanda, it's a lot of money to shell out..........

And what do you mean, 'little' party??

I'm looking forward to the special party. The WooHoo party?

Yes, I vaguely remember a little personal contact on the Set Tour

*hugs* It's taking a while for you to shake that cough and cold isn't it?

Weren't we young?
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*huggles for the mood* (me neither actually. I need to swallow some of my own advice sometimes instead of deliberately seeking out to mentally torture myself. )
                            Yeah, me too

Dammit, woodn't you think I was old enough to know a stupid mistake when it's staring me in the face?
                            Last edited by Jumble; 05 October 2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Wowsers! 185 is awesome! You keep score? Well of course you do, why wouldn't you.

*huggles poorly Laurie too*
                              I totally do. Type-A and all that
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Yeah, me too

Dammit, woodn't you think I was old enough to know not to go making such bloody stupid mistakes?

Nope. If one thing life has taught me is that you're never too old to make stupid mistakes. You've just got to learn which ones you'll look back on and blush'n'giggle and which ones will make you shake your head in despair. Haven't quite sussed that part out yet. I suspect I never will. Ho hum.

Super squishy huggles.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X