The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    *Gasp!* I was totally distracted by the LF pic! DRAT! *runz to blog* *runz back* Oh, there's another nice one of him up today, too! Yippee!
    OMG! I can't believe you could overlook a wet Joe

I mean, can you imagine me not noticing a wet Martin? You're slipping LJ

Edit: WooHoood! Penguin umbrella!!!!

Comment

Hmm. Is it me, or is Bam Bam getting chubby?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        OMG! I can't believe you could overlook a wet Joe

I mean, can you imagine me not noticing a wet Martin? You're slipping LJ

Edit: WooHoood! Penguin umbrella!!!!
        *hangs head* Alas, I fear you are correct! I am a bad, bad fangurl *sigh*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          *hangs head* Alas, I fear you are correct! I am a bad, bad fangurl *sigh*
          Aw, no you're not. Sometimes we have other things on our minds, huh?

Sometimes........

Comment

Hmm. Is it me, or is Bam Bam getting chubby?
            BamBam?

And isn't it almost 3am by you?
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
              BamBam?
              James 'Bam Bam' Bamford, stunt co-ordinator.

And isn't it almost 3am by you?
              Yes, it is.

Whilst I'm not sleeping....

Why not?
              Last edited by Jumble; 25 September 2010, 06:41 PM.

Comment

James 'Bam Bam' Bamford, stunt co-ordinator.

Yes, it is.

Whilst I'm not sleeping....

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...le-inset91.jpg

Why not?
                Awesome!

I feel your insomnia. I've had a lovely month of not having to do the dread 4, but I'm worried about what is to come next month...
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

helloooooo woohoos

i spring cleaned my house today

*huggles everyone*

hi jumble!
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome!
                    Yes, he is

Thanks

I feel your insomnia. I've had a lovely month of not having to do the dread 4, but I'm worried about what is to come next month...
                    I did sleep, eventually Five whole hours! And no dreams/nightmares. WooHood!

I have a feeling I should know what 'the dread 4' means Whatever it is, I hope you don't get it

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                    helloooooo woohoos

*huggles everyone*

hi jumble!
                    Hey Bekki

You spring cleaned your house? But..... oh, right. Your seasons are back to front from ours aren't they

I just put two new pics in my book

Comment

yay! new pics I'm thinking I might make one for myself...all part of the spring cleaning/assignment procrastination...hehe
                      sigpic

Comment

yay! new pics I'm thinking I might make one for myself...all part of the spring cleaning/assignment procrastination...hehe
                        Oh you should! Anything to put off doing boring stuff on a Sunday

Speaking of seasons, my heating kicked in this morning. Which means that summer is definitely over

Hmm. Haven't seen a picspam lately, we've been too busy chatting

(ok, it's a gif.......... but I like watching his mouth move )

Comment

Morning woohoos!

1.5 more hours and then I can go snuggle down in my bed for a few hours. *sigh* It's been a long 12 hours, but not too horrible. The bus rolled in around 9:30 last night, but it was mostly all for one doc who was in house anyhow. Phew.

helloooooo woohoos

*huggles everyone*

hi jumble!
                          So impressed! I love living in a clean house, I just hate cleaning. It's a problem.

1. I did sleep, eventually Five whole hours! And no dreams/nightmares. WooHood!

2. I have a feeling I should know what 'the dread 4' means Whatever it is, I hope you don't get it

Hey Bekki
                          1. Small victories.

2. It's 10p-8a Mon-Thursday. And it sucks. They added this to my schedule once a month about 8 or 9 months ago and it's wreaked total havoc on my well-being. It's actually the main reason I might be leaving my job this winter. We are negotiating it ATM.

Speaking of seasons, my heating kicked in this morning. Which means that summer is definitely over
                          Just when I thought summer was finally over... we had some lovely cool days... then the last 2 days have been back up to close to 90 and sticky humid. Ick. After this summer, fall has become my favorite season. For now. I think summer will get its place of honor back after I (hopefully) move out west.
                          sigpic

Comment

Morning woohoos!

1.5 more hours and then I can go snuggle down in my bed for a few hours. *sigh* It's been a long 12 hours, but not too horrible. The bus rolled in around 9:30 last night, but it was mostly all for one doc who was in house anyhow. Phew.

So impressed! I love living in a clean house, I just hate cleaning. It's a problem.

1. Small victories.
                            Oooooh yes! One of my favourite Martin eps, the one where he discovered he was claustrophbic

2. It's 10p-8a Mon-Thursday. And it sucks. They added this to my schedule once a month about 8 or 9 months ago and it's wreaked total havoc on my well-being. It's actually the main reason I might be leaving my job this winter. We are negotiating it ATM.
                            Oh yuck!

So with the new job you woodn't have to work nights?

Just when I thought summer was finally over... we had some lovely cool days... then the last 2 days have been back up to close to 90 and sticky humid. Ick. After this summer, fall has become my favorite season. For now. I think summer will get its place of honor back after I (hopefully) move out west.
                            Tbh, I'm somewhat surprised to find it's almost October. Where did the last two months go? I went out around 7.30pm last night and was shocked to find it was already dark outside Winter is definitely on it's way. I just hope I don't get snowed in again like last year

Comment

1. Oooooh yes! One of my favourite Martin eps, the one where he discovered he was claustrophbic

2. Oh yuck!

3. So with the new job you woodn't have to work nights?

4. Tbh, I'm somewhat surprised to find it's almost October. Where did the last two months go? I went out around 7.30pm last night and was shocked to find it was already dark outside Winter is definitely on it's way. I just hope I don't get snowed in again like last year

2. Indeed. Blargh.

3. I'll always have to work nights, to a certain extent. But the job I was hired to do was 2 8 hr clinic days and 1 12 hour L&D day and 1 12 hour L&D night. We work our tushies off for that time, but the quality of life is good. I can do dance/acting/singing/whatever classes and have a nice life outside of work. But with the dread 4 dropped in there, I can't. In a typical on-call practice (and how I'd be expected to work in Canukistan) I would be on call at least 1X 24hours per week, but probably closer to 2-3, but I may or may not be called in for a labor/birth during that time. It's actually how I worked as a student and I loved it. So, I'm prepared for that. It's just that the dread 4 really screws up my life, and the work I'm doing now doesn't really make up for losing my quality of life.

No new job lined up just yet. We'll have to see what happens over the next couple of months. I'll have a better idea of whether or not I need to actively start looking very soon.

4. Agreed re: winter. Plus I'm looking forward to being able to wear my sexy new boots which I need cooler weather for.

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                              Yeah that's the one. I love ER and I don't know anything about medicine, but even I know most of the show is heavily dramatised. Still love it though . I'd like to know what about made you stop watching it - what was wrong with the procedures etc...?
                              IIRC, in that ep, I don't remember why they came to the ER, but I gotta tell you. If the baby is not literally falling out in the ED, they whisk the patient up to L&D to be taken care of. ED peeps are terrified of pregnant women. In that ep, they induced her labor, she became eclamptic, had a shoulder dystocia, they pushed the baby back in, did a c-section, and then she seized and died -- all right there in the emergency department. Even back then I knew that that was about as far-fetched a scenario as you can get. So the show kinda lost all credibility for me. If I want to watch science fiction (and I frequently do, ) I'll watch science fiction!
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't think he found it funny at the time though. Lying inside a torpedo tube with the door shut isn't the best situation in which to find out you don't like confined spaces

2. Indeed. Blargh.

3. I'll always have to work nights, to a certain extent. But the job I was hired to do was 2 8 hr clinic days and 1 12 hour L&D day and 1 12 hour L&D night. We work our tushies off for that time, but the quality of life is good. I can do dance/acting/singing/whatever classes and have a nice life outside of work. But with the dread 4 dropped in there, I can't. In a typical on-call practice (and how I'd be expected to work in Canukistan) I would be on call at least 1X 24hours per week, but probably closer to 2-3, but I may or may not be called in for a labor/birth during that time. It's actually how I worked as a student and I loved it. So, I'm prepared for that. It's just that the dread 4 really screws up my life, and the work I'm doing now doesn't really make up for losing my quality of life.
                                I've never worked nights, but I imagine it does futz with your sleep pattern Mind you, the way I've been lately maybe I should try it

No new job lined up just yet. We'll have to see what happens over the next couple of months. I'll have a better idea of whether or not I need to actively start looking very soon.
                                Good luck

4. Agreed re: winter. Plus I'm looking forward to being able to wear my sexy new boots which I need cooler weather for.
                                I need new boots, been wearing the same ones for........ way too long. I hate buying boots and shoes, hate having to wear anything on my feet really. I'd rather go barefoot all the time, but it's just not practical

IIRC, in that ep, I don't remember why they came to the ER, but I gotta tell you. If the baby is not literally falling out in the ED, they whisk the patient up to L&D to be taken care of. ED peeps are terrified of pregnant women. In that ep, they induced her labor, she became eclamptic, had a shoulder dystocia, they pushed the baby back in, did a c-section, and then she seized and died -- all right there in the emergency department. Even back then I knew that that was about as far-fetched a scenario as you can get. So the show kinda lost all credibility for me. If I want to watch science fiction (and I frequently do, ) I'll watch science fiction!
                                The trouble with medical stuff in tv shows, and childbirth in particular, is that they have to make it exciting and cram it into less than an hour, so I guess it's difficult to make it very accurate. In scifi it's easier to accept simply because it is scifi.

Comment

Working...
                                X