The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    J. Sainsbury's. One of our biggest supermarket chains.
    Thanks.
    I forget you can buy wine in supermarkets. Can't do that in CT.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
      Thanks.
      Can't do it in Vangroovy either, as we found to our total consternation

Hey look! Biiiig words for this time of night.......... and considering the amount of Cellier des Dauphins Merlot-Grenache that has been consumed
      Last edited by Jumble; 09 September 2010, 11:21 PM.

Comment

J. Sainsbury's. One of our biggest supermarket chains.
        Ooops yes. Sorry I worked for them for 19 years and forget people don't know the lingo.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
        LOL. I had no idea you lived so close!
        Yes *sigh* alas it means no hotel for me. Good from a financial point of view but it's sort of part of the whole experience isn't it.

Still, I have woohoos here.

EDIT: *sigh* ... I forgot something, came back to edit it in and forgotten it again.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Ooops yes. Sorry I worked for them for 19 years and forget people don't know the lingo.

Yes *sigh* alas it means no hotel for me. Good from a financial point of view but it's sort of part of the whole experience isn't it.

Still, I have woohoos here.

EDIT: *sigh* ... I forgot something, came back to edit it in and forgotten it again.
          "Here be WooHoos"..........

Comment

Can't do it in Vangroovy either, as we found to out total consternation

Hey look! Biiiig words for this time of night.......... and considering the amount of Cellier des Dauphins Merlot-Grenache that has been consumed
            oh! Big words and fancy schmancy sounding wine. Never had that one.

In CT all alcohol is sold in one store. Beer, wine, champagne and all other liquor are sold in Liquor Stores aka Package Stores aka packies aka wine shops (even though we sell mostly wine we also sell beer and the hard stuff). You can't buy any alcohol in markets or convenience stores. You can't buy alcohol after 9:00 P.M. and most definitely not on Sunday!

However, we smart folks have figured out that we CAN visit vineyards on Sunday and whilst there we can, indeed, purchase bottles of wine from them as there is a different set of rules for wineries.

We Nutmegger's have gotten into the habit of calling them "our Sunday packies" which really annoys the heck out of 'em.
            sigpic

Comment

Chez Cags is doubling for our AT5 hotel
              Actually I do need to check with you all, who what where etc. I'm sort of assuming some of you are staying at mine; I worked out I can probably get... 6, maybe 7 in here. You'd best be good friends mind. And, er, I should probably tell Charles, right?

You know, if I get a signed pic from Amanda, I'd have to get her to dedicate it to Charles "for putting up with all my crap for the last 22 years".
              sigpic

Comment

Chez Cags is doubling for our AT5 hotel
                Aha!

Thanks.
                NYC neither. You can in Cali though.

Well, if you need to feel the con-mojo, my offer stands.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by llp
                  Answer from Delta Airlines

DELTA: If the alcohol or liquor was purchased after going through the security checkpoint, some amounts and proofs are allowed onboard as checked or carry-on baggage, as long as it adheres to these guidelines:
                  Alcohol content may not exceed 140 proof.
                  Up to 5 liters of alcohol per person between 48 and 140 proof is permitted.
                  Alcohol under 48 proof is not considered hazardous and is permitted.
                  Any alcohol must be in its original retail packaging to be permitted onboard the plane.
                  Laurie: Wine should be okay then correct
                  DELTA: Yes, that is correct.
                  Laurie:I have already bought the bottles because the company no longer makes this wine.
                  DELTA: If the alcohol is purchased before going through the security checkpoint, our security rules apply for carry-on or checked baggage.

Originally posted by wine_buyer
                  Kinda? Sorta? Does this mean we can stash it in our suitcase and as long as it's not open it will go through okay?

Yes.....that's what it means. As long as they don't steal it or drink it first!

And for those people that know nothing about an AT event....
                  Friday night is the dinner for those lucky (and rich) enough to have tickets....the rest have fun on their own.
                  As for Sat and Sun....the event ends around 5 to 6 pm (usually), but there is an "Abnormal" party on Saturday for those that want to go.... Some do, but many others fine other things to do...... so YES!!! evenings are up to us!

Any other questions people???

Hi everyone *hugs all around*

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Laurie, that's useful.

"Here be WooHoos"..........
                    Yes yes, whatever I was going to say, that'll do instead.

(I blame my head... I've had one of those headaches all day that just won't go away. I have to admit defeat and sleep it off I think. I suspect (hope) it's precursor for somethingelsepainfulthatcomesonceamonth...which would be nice because that's also been jerking me around the last few months... shorter and sshorter cycles then...wham, by recent performance I'm over a week late. Hmm, not sure you really want to hear me whinging about my lady bits. )
                    sigpic

Comment

In CT all alcohol is sold in one store. Beer, wine, champagne and all other liquor are sold in Liquor Stores aka Package Stores aka packies aka wine shops (even though we sell mostly wine we also sell beer and the hard stuff). You can't buy any alcohol in markets or convenience stores. You can't buy alcohol after 9:00 P.M. and most definitely not on Sunday!

However, we smart folks have figured out that we CAN visit vineyards on Sunday and whilst there we can, indeed, purchase bottles of wine from them as there is a different set of rules for wineries.
                      I find this interesting since in here, TN, you can buy alcohol till 3 a.m. and also on Sundays. We could even buy it on Labor Day...I did hear that the alcohol laws are different in every state...so weird.

As for wine in the supermarket...haven't seen it...I just saw a whole lot of beer...so I think, logically, they must also sell wine there right?

I also find it interesting that you can buy beer in gas stations in here...we can't do that. And yeah...I miss the European laws where you can drink at 16 instead of 21....*le sigh*
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Laurie, that's useful.

Yes yes, whatever I was going to say, that'll do instead.

(I blame my head... I've had one of those headaches all day that just won't go away. I have to admit defeat and sleep it off I think. I suspect (hope) it's precursor for somethingelsepainfulthatcomesonceamonth...which would be nice because that's also been jerking me around the last few months... shorter and sshorter cycles then...wham, by recent performance I'm over a week late. Hmm, not sure you really want to hear me whinging about my lady bits. )
                        That's me in a nutshell! I love being 45. Really.

Oops! I forgot that you can buy beer in markets here but not gas stations or mini markets.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          And for those people that know nothing about an AT event....
                          1. Friday night is the dinner for those lucky (and rich) enough to have tickets....the rest have fun on their own.
                          2. As for Sat and Sun....the event ends around 5 to 6 pm (usually), but there is an "Abnormal" party on Saturday for those that want to go.... Some do, but many others fine other things to do...... so YES!!! evenings are up to us!

3. Any other questions people???

Hi everyone *hugs all around*

1. I signed up to be included in the raffle. What are the odds of actually getting a ticket? (I've never 'won' anything in my life, lol)

2. Ooh, cool. What is this abnormal party? Dressup? Costumes? Oooooh...

3. I'm sure we'll think of some!
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

oh! Big words and fancy schmancy sounding wine. Never had that one.
                            Very cheap, very niiiiice

Same in Vangroovy. We actually had to get a taxi driver to find us a Liquor Store a couple of times

We Nutmegger's have gotten into the habit of calling them "our Sunday packies" which really annoys the heck out of 'em.
                            I don't think we have any vineyards around here

Actually I do need to check with you all, who what where etc. I'm sort of assuming some of you are staying at mine; I worked out I can probably get... 6, maybe 7 in here. You'd best be good friends mind. And, er, I should probably tell Charles, right?
                            Nonono! Let it be a lovely surprise for him

You know, if I get a signed pic from Amanda, I'd have to get her to dedicate it to Charles "for putting up with all my crap for the last 22 years".
                            There's no 'if' about it, it's included in the ticket price And a photo with her I believe.
                            Last edited by Jumble; 09 September 2010, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I grew up in Calif and you could buy any type of liquor in the grocery stores (including "hard" liquor). And also at liquor stores and just about anywhere that has a license.
                              In Washington, you can buy beer and wine at the grocery but liquor at the "licenses" liquor stores. However Costco (a very LARGE) discount chain sells everything at good prices....they are about 15 minutes from my house. I think the hours are related to how late they are open.

And in California you can buy it all in gas stations as well!! And since when does being under 21 stop you from drinking at parties in college....things couldn't have changed that much....I was only 17 and...oop! Never mind.
                              sigpic

Comment

'Someone' is starting to really annoy me.........

Comment

Working...
                                X