The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    I know and I'm installing two Ipods...and watching Charmed...but...that's ....me being bored

*is jealous* Make pictures I wanna see fireworks

*runs of since her dog is now trying to steal her snack*
    I shall try! Because my camera was foooouuunnndddd!!!

It's a birthday, there should be food.

(sis in law made this cake for my 17th birthday, it's of a space shuttle )

(Oh...how'd that get in there?)

and music

Who has the wine?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Happy Birthday Amanda!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Apparently on some other threads they think I'm only going to see Martin . Glad to see that on here at least I've kept my true purpose hidden

*watches in consternation as nose grows even longer*

Ooops!
        I can't imagine how they got that idea?!? Everyone knows you are going for Amanda.
        How else will I get to live vicariously?

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
        Happy Birthday Amanda!

All the talk about unemployment and jobs...Don't get me started. I hated being unemployed and would have gladly taken an $8.50/hour job and worked my way up again IF I could have had benefits too. Otherwise, sadly, unemployment+COBRA was a better option. The system is obviously broken. Bree, if I was any closer I'd take that job you have as a second job and be mighty happy for it too. I'm currently looking for a second job to boost my earnings so I can pay the bills. *sigh*
        Wood love to be able to hire you or Amanda or anyone willing to actually work!

Did someone ask for wine?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
          I can't imagine how they got that idea?!? Everyone knows you are going for Amanda.
          How else will I get to live vicariously?
          No idea why they wood think that

Here's what I did whilst shut off from the world tonight...........

..... still trying hard to breathe life back into my PS mojo

Comment

Oh, and my new fave pic............

Comment

Wood morning, Woodiehoos!

Happy birthday, Amanda! Hope your day is super happy fun!!! (your present is taking mroe time than i would have liked, but its being built!)

How are the rest of us this morning/afternoon/evening?
              sigpic

Comment

Jumble. I see you have been busy with important matters .....
                sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!

Cool!!

Feels duly chastised.
                  OT rant on Jobs in CT
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't know how things are elsewhere but here in CT finding people to work for you is hard in spite of or perhaps because of unemployment. Our president keeps extending unemployment benefits. A good thing for those who truly cannot find work. A bad thing for those who are truly lazy.

The young crowd doesn't want to work. They live with their parents until they are well into their early 20's and have everything taken care of for them. A cashiers salary isn't worth the trouble of actually working. They want to make the kind of money I am making without actually having to do the kind and amount of work that I do and with parents who let them slide by it doesn't look like it will change any time soon.

The adults that are looking for jobs won't take a job that pays 8.50 an hour because as they say "I make more money collecting unemployment." How nice for you. Heaven forbid they work two jobs. The gas station next door to our shop is looking for help as well and having the same problems. All it wood take is for one responsible person to take both jobs with coordinated schedules but they don't want to work two jobs.

When I was going to school I was working two jobs and taking my classes. I didn't get to bed until 2:00 most nights and had to be up 6:00 the next morning. Not easy but I managed to get a decent job and pay off my student loan. When the business I worked for closed I got a job that paid 7.25 an hour. A far cry from the $20 and hour I was making but it was a job and I was grateful to have one. I managed to work my way up in that job and became a closing manager, making more money. Eventually I ended up where I am now and my salary is back to what it was before but there were lean years in between. It seems like everyone around here wants to make a large amount of money without having to work for it and that includes the adults who should know better. Long story short, this is why I end up working 40+ to 60 hours a week.

Read above.
                  I actually have a new employee. She is 65 and retired so she can only work a certain amount of hours. She can't do any heavy lifting and can't work evenings but she is willing to work the hours she is given. When she is done training some of the burden will be off of me at the little shop. That leaves office work, the big shop and the web site which I haven't been able to get to in ages.
                  This is why, come hell or high water, I am taking my vacation at the end of September. I don't care what's going on in my life at that point. If things need to be taken care of it will happen when I get back.

Thanks Nad. It's okay about the commentaries. Some of us who actually have the discs still haven't had a chance to get to them yet.
                  If I don't get to mine any time soon I will take them with me to Disney. They have DVD players and big screen TV's so it wood actually be a better experience for me since I have a small non-hi def TV.
                  I live in the dark ages.

I love that! Go JY!

Beautiful Sarai.

My posting was interrupted by a phone call from Charmaine. She has 3 days off next week so she is going to take care of the apartment and doesn't want me to do anything tomorrow or Sunday. Instead we are going to take two day trips which she already has planned out.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!!
                  In my particular part of Texas most people have two jobs, some have two jobs and study, and a few have three jobs!
                  It's pretty hard to find a job here and I would also like to work with you Bree, I would just have to move

I hope the new employee is great and have fun on the trips!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  Bree, how about I move up there so that I can work for you? I've put in at least 20 applications in the past few weeks and no one has called me back. Very frustrated to try to find a job down here.
                  *huggles* I hope you find a job soon *huggles more*

No idea why they wood think that

Here's what I did whilst shut off from the world tonight...........

..... still trying hard to breathe life back into my PS mojo
                  Nice sigs!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Jumble. I see you have been busy with important matters .....
                    Secondary only to the important matters you were attending to

*hugs*

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday Amanda *hugs*

Beautiful Sarai.

My posting was interrupted by a phone call from Charmaine. She has 3 days off next week so she is going to take care of the apartment and doesn't want me to do anything tomorrow or Sunday. Instead we are going to take two day trips which she already has planned out.
                      Thanks Bree .

And yay!!! Good for you, Charmaine is awesome! Hope you're enjoying your days out, you definitely deserve it .

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                      All the talk about unemployment and jobs...Don't get me started. I hated being unemployed and would have gladly taken an $8.50/hour job and worked my way up again IF I could have had benefits too. Otherwise, sadly, unemployment+COBRA was a better option. The system is obviously broken. Bree, if I was any closer I'd take that job you have as a second job and be mighty happy for it too. I'm currently looking for a second job to boost my earnings so I can pay the bills. *sigh*
                      *hugs Estrela* It's so frustrating that even after the struggle to find one job, you then have to even think about going through all of that again to find a second .

Thinking of you.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      I can lounge in my backyard while music flows in from the park nearby where our annual festival is being held. Right now it's something that sounds like fado. How relaxing and summer-ey...
                      *sighs*
                      *sighs* This time the last two years I was preparing to go to Rock Werchter in Belgium. This year I really wanted to come and see you and Jann but we ended up deciding not to come in the end . Maybe next year if the line-up is better .

Secondary only to the important matters you were attending to

*hugs*
                      *bites nails nervously*

Comment

You can stop biting your nails Sarai, Laurie got it all sorted for us

Comment

Hey look, Joe's given us some nice new pics of Coopie, just in time to make artwork for his leaving party

Thanks Joe

Comment

Not sure LJ will appreciate these, but beggars can't be choosers, apparently

*waves to guest*

Comment

Aaaaaaaaand since I appear to have the place to myself...........

Comment

Whoop! Thank you so much Laurie

Excellent pics of Coopie from Joe - not so sure about his ones though .

Comment

Working...
                                X