The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for LJ

I'm loving the Joe sigs and wonder if the backgrounds are textures or something you made yourself?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
      Question for LJ

I'm loving the Joe sigs and wonder if the backgrounds are textures or something you made yourself?
      They're a mix. The first is a stock photo with a texture on it (um...I think it's the soft and cuddly one I've linked on the art thread before) and a color gradient over top (sorry...I rarely save my work in layers, so I'm trying to remember the best I can...); the second one was done with two textures and a brush. My backgrounds look complicated, but they really really aren't. Really. I'll look for the textures on the second one and link if I can find them. I sometimes feel like I'm cheating cuz I tend to changbe just a few things with the textures/backgrounds....but sometimes I really do a LOT, I guess...now that I think about it...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        There's no balance in life is there? I fell pregnant at the drop of a hat (or the drop of.... um........) and never for a moment considered myself lucky

It's only since I've known people who couldn't that I've realised how blessed I was to have three beautiful, healthy children.

*hugs everyone*
        It is something to remember (and be greatful about).
        sigpic

Comment

*stumbles in* Morning. Going back to bed. See you in a while *stumbles off*
          sigpic

Comment

It is way too quiet in here. Someone has taken all the Woohoos away!

On the bright side I can now run through the thread nekkid and no one will see me.

*runz through thread...nekkid...singing "neener, neener neener*

PS LJ had to @ your explanation of sig backgrounds. Isn't it amazing how some things become so natural that you don't even realize how much work goes into into until someone makes you stop and think about it.

EDIT: Glee is on tonight. Lady Gaga episode. I can't begin to tell you how happy that makes me.
            *dances out of thread to Bad Romance*
            sigpic

Comment

Forgive the double post but since it's so QUIET in here I present the following sung to the tune of "I Need a Hero".

Where have all the Woohoos gone and where are all the PTB?
              Where's the street-wise Martin Wood to fight for Woohoos like me?
              Isn't there a white knight driving the hippy bus?
              Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of shippy-hippy us

I need a Woohoo, I'm holding out for at Woohoo 'till the end of the night
              He's gotta be strong and He's gotta be fast
              And He's gotta bring broccoli tonight.
              I need a Woohoo, I'm holding out for a Woohoo 'till the morning light
              He's gotta be sure and it's gotta be soon
              And some chocolate would help with my life, with my life

I need a Woohoo!
              sigpic

Comment

ROFL looks like Bree is bored...should I entertain her?

Hmmm....

sure...

First my doggy is back*huggles doggy* Just picked her up from the kennel...I missed the little thing sooo much *sob* now she refuses to leave my side Awww!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  ROFL looks like Bree is bored...should I entertain her?

Hmmm....

sure...

First my doggy is back*huggles doggy* Just picked her up from the kennel...I missed the little thing sooo much *sob* now she refuses to leave my side Awww!
                  Bored doesn't begin to describe it. Please entertain me.

Aw! on your doggy.

Charmaine left for New Hampshire on Monday and my cats are ignoring me. Like it's my fault that she left.
                  sigpic

Comment

Forgive the double post but since it's so QUIET in here I present the following sung to the tune of "I Need a Hero".

I need a Woohoo!
                    Darn, I soooo wanted to green you for that, but the fridge is locked

So I'll toss you a couple of AT pics instead....

I've been very busy with my new baby. I'd forgotten what hard work they are when they first start, but I did get a lot of smiles today so it's all worth it

I totally amazed myself this morning. There is quite a steep hill leading up to my road from the main road, and in the 20+ years that I've lived here I've never managed to walk up it without stopping a few times to catch my breath.Well today I did! And with a pushchair as well!! How's that for a darn good result after less than three weeks of NOT polluting my lungs with cigarettes?

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      Oh that's gorgeous! What's the font, if you don't mind me asking?

I need a Woohoo!
                      *double checks it's not Nad in disguise*
                      Awesome, Bree! Sadly I have no green for you either

I've been very busy with my new baby. I'd forgotten what hard work they are when they first start, but I did get a lot of smiles today so it's all worth it

I totally amazed myself this morning. There is quite a steep hill leading up to my road from the main road, and in the 20+ years that I've lived here I've never managed to walk up it without stopping a few times to catch my breath.Well today I did! And with a pushchair as well!! How's that for a darn good result after less than three weeks of NOT polluting my lungs with cigarettes?
                      WTG Jumble!
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I'll accept the Amanda pix instead of green. Green is nice but she's prettier.

Good for you on the uphill and on sticking with your quitting of cigarettes! That is so awesome and something to be proud of for sure.

Unfortunately Charmaine has started again. Actually, I think she never truly stopped but it was easy to hide it from me since she is away every other week. I caught her smoking in her car. She didn't realize that I had come downstairs and when I saw her blowing smoke out of the car window I walked up and said in a completely calm and rational voice "are you enjoying that?" . The look on her face still gives me the giggles whenever I think about it. Needless to say she is NOT allowed to smoke in the house or in the car when we are together (I am alergic to cigarette smoke) and I made it clear that I don't care how hot or cold or wet etc...the weather is, there will be no "just this once" moments. I learned from the past that this only leads to full time smoking in the house with me unable to catch my breath unless I leave the room.

So anyway, keep up the great work Jumble! Being able to breathe is so much better than worrying about whether or not you will eventually need to carry an oxygen tank everywhere you go.

EDIT: Thanks Josi. I have a little too much time on my hands today.
                        sigpic

Comment

So anyway, keep up the great work Jumble! Being able to breathe is so much better than worrying about whether or not you will eventually need to carry an oxygen tank everywhere you go.
                          That was never something I worried about, and frankly was never an inducement to stop. Smokers don't see it like that, they're more likely to grit their teeth against it (I just felt that urge, even though I'm no longer a smoker) and they definitely don't respond to any kind of pressure to give up, not successfully anyway

I totally understand that you want to keep your home (and your lungs) smoke-free, but I have to tell you that making rules that you think will restrict someone from smoking will in fact make them more determined to keep doing it, no matter how cold, wet and uncomfortable they have to be in order to do it I'm not saying don't make the rules, obviously you have to. Just don't expect it to put her off smoking.

It's all part of the addiction I'm afraid. The only way a smoker will successfully give up is to do it because they want to, for themselves. Saving money isn't a strong enough inducement. Being healthier isn't a strong enough inducement. The only thing strong enough is 'I don't want to do this anymore!'

Comment

I need a Woohoo!

Awesome Bree

That was never something I worried about, and frankly was never an inducement to stop. Smokers don't see it like that, they're more likely to grit their teeth against it (I just felt that urge, even though I'm no longer a smoker) and they definitely don't respond to any kind of pressure to give up, not successfully anyway

I totally understand that you want to keep your home (and your lungs) smoke-free, but I have to tell you that making rules that you think will restrict someone from smoking will in fact make them more determined to keep doing it, no matter how cold, wet and uncomfortable they have to be in order to do it

It's all part of the addiction I'm afraid. The only way a smoker will successfully give up is to do it because they want to, for themselves. Saving money isn't a strong enough inducement. Being healthier isn't a strong enough inducement. The only thing strong enough is 'I don't want to do this anymore!'
                            As a "former" smoker (meaning I lose all willpower when drunk ) I completely agree .

And since this thread has not seen a decent Dan pic for daaaays () I present the following...

And look who are these people that WE ARE GOING TO MEET IN 66 days???

*faints*

Comment

I make it 65

And I think that guy is the one I was dreaming about last night..........

No idea who she is though.............

Comment

Well I wasn't sure about it being 65 days so I counted and got 66...I shall count again

EDIT: I was counting the Friday - so really it is 66 days, but 65 days until it's only one more sleep. If you see what I mean...

Comment

Working...
                                X