Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Morning Woohoos!

    Weather's looking OKish so far... keeping my fingers firmly crossed...

    Nik, I think you guys call a hen-do a bachelorette party? And a punt is a kind of boat that you propel along the river with a pole - it's a big thing in Oxford and also in Cambridge. Here's the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punting. It's lots of fun when it's sunny, but not so much when it's raining
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

    Comment


      Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
      Thank you.
      And I've never heard of Merlin, is it good?
      How about SG1? I think we all like that. An ep that Martin directed, and has a cameo in, with lots of good thunking and fangirling moments, and tons of shippyness.
      So, what ep are we looking for here exactly? I don't know of an ep that has all of the above...
      Out of Mind and Into the Fire have all of the above

      Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Morning Woohoos!

      Weather's looking OKish so far... keeping my fingers firmly crossed...

      Nik, I think you guys call a hen-do a bachelorette party? And a punt is a kind of boat that you propel along the river with a pole - it's a big thing in Oxford and also in Cambridge. Here's the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punting. It's lots of fun when it's sunny, but not so much when it's raining
      Have a good time

      Don't forget your water wings

      Comment


        Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        ...woodmorning, woohoos

        *giggles*
        Feeling hungover there, Bekki?

        Originally posted by yessika View Post
        Merlin is ok, I just watch it sometimes ...

        Uhm, that is a tough one *goes off to try to find such an episode*
        I've never watched Merlin, but I have always thought, hmm, maybe I should, whenever I see a picture. But that's as far as it goes. I'll then forget about it till I next see a picture and go, hmm, maybe I should.

        You're mentioning it here, hmm, maybe I should.

        I know I won't unless somebody puts it on and I happen to be in the same room!

        Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Morning Woohoos!

        Weather's looking OKish so far... keeping my fingers firmly crossed...

        Nik, I think you guys call a hen-do a bachelorette party? And a punt is a kind of boat that you propel along the river with a pole - it's a big thing in Oxford and also in Cambridge. Here's the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punting. It's lots of fun when it's sunny, but not so much when it's raining
        Have fun, Josi. Punting sounds interesting.

        Going out with some friends to a Robin Hood themed Jousting thingy this afternoon. All I know of that is the basic what Jousting is. I dunno what I'll be doing. Probably taking a ton of pictures and being giggly.

        And I wholeheartedly agree on the Out of Mind and Into the Fire. Much love for those.
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

        Comment


          *yawns* *flops on sofa*

          *iz relieved Josi's fire was more exciting than scarey* Having a house full of fireman should be an experience to be enjoyed
          *sends good weather vibes * Hope you have lots of fun punting!!!


          *huggles LJ*

          * at Bekki* I don't think there's as much difference between your normal posting and your drunk posting as you think......


          *yawns again* Sorry I'm exhausted! I need a weekend of doing nothing I think!! Not that it's going to happen though

          Sooooo, the news this week: Hannah's home. She came home on Thursday. Needless to say she's devastated. She didn't see the break-up coming (neither did her boyfriend's parents) so she's still in shock. Personally I'm not surprised, it lasted longer than I thought it would because it was obvious right at the beginning that her boyfriend wasn't ready for the full-on living-with--my-girlfriend type relationship. If Hannah hadn't been in such a hurry to move out of home and their relationship had been allowed to progress at a more natural rate they'd still be together, of that I have no doubt. I think he showed a great deal of maturity to end it as he did, and I can't help but be grateful he told her as soon as he realised he coudn't handle the relationship.

          Now I just need a gag for Lea! I've already had to jump on him once to shut him up before he started on the I told you so lecture And maybe a few large doses of patience! The next few weeks and months are not going to be easy for any of us, cos Hannah is still Hannah, she doesn't want to be at home, but right now she has no choice and she's trying to come to terms with the break-up of a relationship she thought was going to go the distance.

          *sigh* *wants to be an ostrich*
          sigpic

          Comment


            *hugs Oma* You've got the right way of thinking though. *fingers crossed she makes it through the hard times*

            I don't know that you'd enjoy being an Ostrich... they're not so fond of fandom

            Edit: Ahhh, phew. Managed to avoid a crisis there. *wipes brow*
            Last edited by m_wendy_r; 01 May 2010, 03:00 AM.
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

            Comment


              *huggles Hannah*

              Poor kid is not only heartbroken but probably feeling trapped as well But she'll get over it

              *sends large roll of duct tape for Lea*

              Comment


                Originally posted by m_wendy_r
                *hugs Oma* You've got the right way of thinking though. *fingers crossed she makes it through the hard times*

                I don't know that you'd enjoy being an Ostrich... they're not so fond of fandom

                UM HELP! It posted twice and it won't let me delete one!! *cries*
                *hugs* Thanks



                Originally posted by jumble View Post
                *huggles Hannah*

                Poor kid is not only heartbroken but probably feeling trapped as well But she'll get over it

                *sends large roll of duct tape for Lea*
                Yeah, that's exactly it. I have no idea what to say or do because I have no idea what she's going through having felt neither of those things (at least, not over a boyfriend) and because I know that anything I do come up with to say, she doesn't want to hear anyway. I've settled for a hug, helping her choose a new hair dye and letting her clear off to her friend's house for most of the day. I did tell her thought that house rules are still house rules, and I'd rather give her a gentle reminder now rather than let it drift for a few weeks and then have to be nagging her all the time, so she should leave her Golden Virginia at her friend's house.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                  *hugs* Thanks


                  Yeah, that's exactly it. I have no idea what to say or do because I have no idea what she's going through having felt neither of those things (at least, not over a boyfriend) and because I know that anything I do come up with to say, she doesn't want to hear anyway. I've settled for a hug, helping her choose a new hair dye and letting her clear off to her friend's house for most of the day. I did tell her thought that house rules are still house rules, and I'd rather give her a gentle reminder now rather than let it drift for a few weeks and then have to be nagging her all the time, so she'd better leave her Old Virginia at her friend's house.
                  Whatever you say, she won't believe that you can possibly understand anyway

                  You need to clear out your pm box

                  Comment


                    Again? I only cleared it out last week

                    *runz off to pm box*
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Just doing mine too. Tried to send you a pm and was told both mine and yours were too full

                      Comment


                        I was persuaded yesterday to buy the Avatar dvd, so I'm going to have a lazy dvd/duvet afternoon

                        See you later *hugs*

                        Comment


                          Hope you enjoy it Jumble I did, more than I thought I would! I wasn't at all fussed about seeing it at the cinema, but now I wish I had The effects and cinematography are amazing I'll not say what I thought about the plot until after you've seen it - wouldn't want to spoil anything
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            I wasn't bothered about seeing it either, but I've heard so much about it and it was only £8.99, sooo....

                            I don't got to the cinema any more. I used to suffer terribly with back pain after about ten minutes in those awful seats The last film I saw at the cinema was Dragonheart, about 13 years ago

                            Comment


                              *bounces in*

                              My provisional licence arrived!!!
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

                              Comment


                                *bounces in*

                                My provisional licence arrived!!!

                                EDIT: Okay, I don't understand why it keeps making me post twice, and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong ... but whilst I have it, I loved Avatar. I hope you enjoy it, Jumble!
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X