Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    *grabs oxygen mask*

Seriously, don't you think I'm going to look silly wearing that when I meet Martin?

*looks at what she wrote*

"When I meet Martin"

Aw c'mon, somebody change the subject and say something calming...............
    You're gonna meet his tool Martin!

Is that calm?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      Jann. Good luck! I'm sure it will all be done in time, I'm sure of it. These things always seem daunting but get done.

What she said ^^
      See? I am soooo going to get myself under control over the next 100 days......... really..........

Edit: Yeah, thanks Amanda, that really helps

Comment

If I recall, you were quiet for what........ ten minutes? Then we saw the real Jann emerge
        Told ya I was shy when we would first meet....never said how long I would be shy...

What can I say...I'm an active person with a vibrant personality.

do you now understand that my parents liked a weekend without me...so quiet for them
        sigpic

Comment

Do you know just how many people are waiting to see that?
          Meet him, close up, at the Meet & Greet
          A lot?
          And sweet for the Meet and Greet.
          She'll be fine as long as Dan doesn't turn up
          That reminds me, I totally saw a Dan look-a-like at walmart yesterday, like scary kind of look-a-like. I would taken a pic, but I didn't have my camera.
          sigpic

Comment

*flops in*

Well that was a long day.

Not even going to attempts to MQ everything and Imwill apologise NOW for all the great (and sometiems not so great) stuff happening today that I forget to mention...

Frankly, my interest in S/J has waned considerably recently. Don't get me wrong, I want the third movie, really want it! And I wood LOVE to see some form of confirmation that Jack and Sam are together. But it's not the centre of my world and I won't sink into a mire of depression if it doesn't happen : rolleyes: Except of course I wood be upset not to have the bts of the movie because Martin wood be directing and I'd be really sorry not to have that

Life is too freaking short to get uptight about a couple of tv characters : rolleyes:

My interest hasn't so much waned as I never took it *that* seriously to begin with. To me this... ok well not this since this thread and you guys are real and the friendshipd I've made here are real... but otherwise, Stargate fandom / TV fandom and shipping in general is just a distraction from normality. It's entertainment, just like reading a boook or watching a film or doing a pub quiz with your mates. It should be treated as such and any emotional attachment you make to the situation/characters should be tempered with that knowledge. I learnt years ago with The X Files that if you start taking it too seriously then you're going to be disapointed, upset and angry becuase it almost never delivers what you hope for. I did take my X Files shipping too seriously, I got quite upset at TPTB there and, consequently, I've not been able to watch and enjoy the episodes (particularly ones after a certain point) in a manner I should. I am only now, almost ten years on, finsing msyelf able to watch and not get annoyed at...certain things. And I'm still never forgiving CC for babay William!
            I have dipped in and out of shipping Sam and Jack for years and I'm still doing the same. I'd love them so much and I'm perfectly happy witht he way the ship evolved - yes, even Sam's boyfriend and Jack being an arse half the time - and I'm perfectly happy with where I see their relationship at in my little world. I don't think the 200 Wedding scene was real per se (and I am sorry Wendy this may be my faults because I commented to that effect the other day which might have sparked this but, I was refering to the scene not the pictures) and I can't honestly see Sam and Jack having that sort of wedding....BUT, I think the pictures are perfectly smileworthy and, heck, if you're feeling particularly wild, squeeworthy - yeah sure! And I think they are absolutely fair game for artwork and for using to interpret things in whichever way you want (I particularly love the POV one because it's just so darn happy!)
            I think the whole point of artwork is to take an image and to reimagine it in some way and I think the appropriate response to any artwork is to admire (or not) the artistry and effort and imagination of the creator.

And on that note, I think I'll be making this one of those days when I don't bother to play catch up on the ship thread and just skip to the last page.

I've just been having a very entertaining conversation with Suz. Wrex (her horse) has a bit of a.. um... problem with his..... um tool......... He is allergic to gnat and midge bites, and he's apparently been bitten in his.... um..... private dept...... and has had to have a special cream applied twice daily : D Poor Suz : D

But the remedy is working, so I guess it's worth the effort : P

These boys really should learn to take better care of their tools ; ): P

Are you? OMG perfect! I shall totally come see you! : D : D : D

And yes, I decided to use my claim money to go : ) : ) But I've yet to squee or react anyway about it. It's really odd. It's kinda surreal atm. Haha.

This is good though because I booked time off for it, and there's like days afterwards where I'm not doing anything soooo it works. : D

Oh oh, when I saw you'd become a fan I didn't realise you were going!

*does happy dance*

That's very cool!

Oh I am jealous and happy and proud and, and.... you lucky thing!

I'd like to go - not love, I mean I like AT a lot and I reckon it would be a great experience but I'm not that big a fan, or have that much free cash lying about that I'd be desperate to go. If it were a little cheaper, maybe but, ack, I just don't have that kind of money.

On the other hand, you're going to be so close! What's your plans? Are you staying in the hotel? yes we will definietly have a get together. I can no doubt pick a local restuarant to rival Anderson's...

...actually, not a chance. We don't do nice eateries around here but, hey Tops do a fab stuffed crust pizza and deliver to me for free.

Amanda, awesomely good news about the boy! You sound like a perfeclt normal girl who likes a guy to me. Just go with the flow and see how things go.

I had a lot to say but my mini waffle there I have completely forgotten, although I do remember reading Josiane's post and nodding a lot so, um, yeah, what Josi said with extra special huggles for LJ and positive vibes for Bree sprinkled on top.

Oh and I just remembed I never told you how bro got on. Good news; tumour is still shrinking and will continue to do so for a while more. The consultant told him to come back on another four months. Obviously it still being inoperable is not great and, long term... well, let's not go there. On the plus side though, his cons is the top guy in the country for this type of cancer and does all the trials of new tretament and, from what he told bro yesterday, there's possible something coming up in the not too distant future that he would like bro to get involved in... so the sand is shifting all the time. I think bro is just happy no more treatment right now and his poor hair has a chance to grow back.

100 Days to SE.... I'm almost (although not quite I am sure) as excited and Jumble and Sarai!

Hmm, going to take Benjabubs up to the museums tomorrow. We can't decide: Natural History (with all the dinosaur bones and, he's a boy so loves dinosaurs... as does his daddy who will get to geek out over them ) or Science museum which has an excellent play&learn area specifically for children his age. And, well, it's science so, uh, I get to geek out.

So, which do you think we should do?

Oh look, I spent so long typing this that it's after midnight which means, double figures for SE...

99 DAYS UNTIL SE!!!!

EDIT: ...ah screw the typos. I'll fix them tomorrow when I'm not so knackered.
            Last edited by Cagranosalis; 20 April 2010, 04:03 PM. Reason: none, in the end, as it turns out.
            sigpic

Comment

Cags, I, too, don't think the wedding scene from 200 was real. I just love the images and think that if you've got 'em, use 'em to make..

I think the whole point of artwork is to take an image and to reimagine it in some way and I think the appropriate response to any artwork is to admire (or not) the artistry and effort and imagination of the creator.
              And you don't have to apologise for mentioning that in the thread and sparking off whatever. I sincerely doubt it was your fault.

*hugs for your brother* *hugs*

On the other hand, you're going to be so close! What's your plans? Are you staying in the hotel? yes we will definietly have a get together. I can no doubt pick a local restuarant to rival Anderson's...
              So far my plans are pretty loose, but they look like this -- staying at the hotel or one on that same street. After AT5 is done (), going to see Jumble, hopefully Josi and YOU (Cags)! Together or seperately. I ain't fussed. I will fit you all in. I'm pretty determined. I won't be coming back home till we've gotten together so...
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

99 days???? *faints*

Go to the Natural History! I know Science can be fun but he's a kid and he'll just LOVE the Natural History Museum But make sure you go for the whole day otherwise you'll miss stuff

Yay for Bro

And.......... I came in to say something but I can't remember what it was

Er.......

Nope, that wasn't it........ but it'll do

D'oh!
                Last edited by Jumble; 20 April 2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Made it home.
                  sigpic

Comment

See? I am soooo going to get myself under control over the next 100 days......... really..........

Edit: Yeah, thanks Amanda, that really helps
                    No worries. Sarai, llp and I will be there to keep you calm.

EH-T is teasing me
                    My apologies.

And yes, I decided to use my claim money to go But I've yet to squee or react anyway about it. It's really odd. It's kinda surreal atm. Haha.

This is good though because I booked time off for it, and there's like days afterwards where I'm not doing anything soooo it works.
                    Woohoo!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      Made it home.
                      Good to hear you are home safe. *huggles*
                      sigpic

Comment

I, whom love the wedding scene, don't consider it real at all either, it was never meant to be real, the whole ep was to celebrate the 200th episode...it was just supposed to be fun, which is why I love it. Sadly, some people take the fun out of it. ... I might make a new sig/icon/WP just to silently protest.

*hugs LJ* Glad you're home okay.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Glad you're home safe, LJ. *hugs*

And yesss, the episode 200 is totally fun. I love it for the fun and the way it's not supposed to be taken seriously whatsoever.
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Oh, I love 200. It is sooooo fun!!

I had tons of other things to say but I forgot

*huggles LJ*
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

rabble rabble rabble (this is the saying Bekki uses when she has many things to say but is too exhausted to say them)

I'm so pooped I can barely type! and it's only midday!!! poooooooooooooooooooo

OMG - two digits worth of days till SE!!! *bounces for Sarai and Jumble*

*huggles LJ*

I was going to tel a story...I forgot what it was....oh yes!

I'm not allowed to eat any grain food for the next month or so (I'm allowed to have one meal off this plan a week) because I was a very naughty girl and ate too much wheat in the last three months (I'm a coeliac) and it's SOOO hard to get used to eating very few carbs! I have to eat teice as often an d I get very snooxy during the day, then can't sleep at night...yaaaaaaaaaawn. ...on the plus side, apparently it gets you really fit and slim because you're not eating any processed food at all

....and right now I'm procrastinating calling the production manager of the films I wrote...we're supposed to have a phone conference about the filiming (which is in three weeks ,YIKES!) but I'm so scared of phone calls! I just dont wanna!!! *has a mini silent tantrum*

*huggles the woohoos*

*realized she has no idea how to multiquote in the new GW system*

*realizes the system is not all that new anymore and that she really should know how...*
                              sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bekki*

Now, I remember what I was going to say...

Woohoo for SE being so close!!!! *happy dances*
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X