The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    (((((((((LJ))))))))) Beautiful pic of your Mom and Nate You look so much like her too.

I wish I could make this all better for you. I know I can't, but I'm (still & always) praying for you and your family. I went through the same thing with my Mum and her refusing more chemo. It made her so ill, and she felt she'd led a full life and was content to move on. Those few weeks of waiting for the moving on part were the most difficult of my life. But also, looking back, some of the most special. She taught me so many things about humility and enduring faithfully

I know where Mum is, what she's doing and how happy she is. I know that I'll see her again soon and that this separation will seem like a moment in the grand scheme of things. That knowledge doesn't stop the hurt of missing her, but she taught me that we are meant to live with one another with love, and it's love that we carry with us forever.

If ever I can help you in any way at all, just ask.
    LJ, Oma and I had almost the exact same experience with our moms and I can't say it any better than she did or Jumble. Just know that we're here if you need us. (((((LJ)))))
    sigpic

Comment

*runz in*

So...saw the news about the Iceland volcano..thing...and that it grounded all flights...you UK and Europe woohoos okay over there? *worries*

*hugs you all*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Has anyone noticed the incease of natural disasters..... Volcanoes and how many earthquakes over 6.0. The last one was in China (near Tibet). That makes how many now 5 or 6. What's going on anyhow?
        sigpic

Comment

Gobal warming.

For which I cannot be blamed

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Gobal warming.

For which I cannot be blamed
            Global warming maybe for volcanoes, but not earthquakes.

And I wasn't blaming you, but now that you mention it........hmmmmmm.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              Global warming maybe for volcanoes, but not earthquakes.

And I wasn't blaming you, but now that you mention it........hmmmmmm.
              I read somewhere that there could be a domino effect taking place. One huge earthquake can have a huge impact on the earth's inner core and this may have lead to another and another and so on. Not sure if this theory is correct but I am sure that scientist who put it forth explained it far more intelligently that I just did.

Jumble are you implying that all that heat that gets generated from snuggling in the jacket has not had a profound impact on global warming?
              Last edited by wine_buyer; 15 April 2010, 08:36 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post
                I read somewhere that there could be a domino effect taking place. One huge earthquake can have a huge impact on the earth's inner core and this may have lead to another and another and so on. Not sure if this theory is correct but I am sure that scientist who put it forth explained it far more intelligently that I just did.

Jumble are implying that all that heat that gets generated from snuggling in the jacket has not had a profound impact on global warming?
                I was wondering the same about the global warming, but I thought I'd be polite (trying something new).
                sigpic

Comment

Email links to at5 just showed up!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wine_buyer View Post

Jumble are you implying that all that heat that gets generated from snuggling in the jacket has not had a profound impact on global warming?
                    Originally posted by llp View Post
                    I was wondering the same about the global warming, but I thought I'd be polite (trying something new).

It's nothing to do with me. I blame Martin......

See? It's a knock-on effect of him melting the polar ice-cap

Comment

Yay GW has returned to us

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      She probably did....

OMG I got a new teacher atm who is called Baal and he's mentioning 1969 *giggles*
                      That's awesome!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      *runz in*

So...saw the news about the Iceland volcano..thing...and that it grounded all flights...you UK and Europe woohoos okay over there? *worries*

*hugs you all*
                      Completely fine, if I hadn't heard about it on the news (or had a phone call from my boss this afternoon who was flying back from the States last night and has got stranded in Dublin), I wouldn't have known it was happening! It's supposed to be over southern England by now, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the sky, just clouds. I think unless you're travelling it's not going to affect you.
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Aww, LJ what a beautiful picture of your mom and Nate. She looks so completely in love with him, bless. And yes, very like you too.

More huggles for you and also for both Jumble and Oma for having such beautiful words, the likes of which I cannot hope to match. You're both Awesome.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        *runz in*

*hugs you all*

Er yeah, fine! It's not affecting me at all, except, living barely a mile from Heathrow, I got completely startled this afternoon by a strange squeaking noise in my back garden... then I realised it was bird song.

I never realised how noisy the airport was until now. I've lived here/nearby all my life and I just filter it out. It's kind of eerie now; I want my plane noise back!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Completely fine, if I hadn't heard about it on the news (or had a phone call from my boss this afternoon who was flying back from the States last night and has got stranded in Dublin), I wouldn't have known it was happening! It's supposed to be over southern England by now, but I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the sky, just clouds. I think unless you're travelling it's not going to affect you.
                        They said on Sky news (oh font of all reliable information ) that you won't really "see" anything because it's too high in the atmosphere and too fine to be visible (albiet deadly to plane engines). From personal experience when we last had a big eruption nearish and ash cloud hovering all over the globe we had some spectacular sunsets so might be worth polishing off your lenses and getting a camera ready.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Er yeah, fine! It's not affecting me at all, except, living barely a mile from Heathrow, I got completely startled this afternoon by a strange squeaking noise in my back garden... then I realised it was bird song.

I never realised how noisy the airport was until now. I've lived here/nearby all my life and I just filter it out. It's kind of eerie now; I want my plane noise back!
                          Of course! You must have completely forgotten what the world sounds like without planes, living where you do!

They said on Sky news (oh font of all reliable information ) that you won't really "see" anything because it's too high in the atmosphere and too fine to be visible (albiet deadly to plane engines). From personal experinece when we last had a big eruption and ash cloud hovering all over the globe we had some spectacular sunsets so might be worth polishing off your lenses and getting a camera ready.
                          Yeah that makes sense They've just said pretty much the same on the Beeb, so I will have to go out and have a look when the sun starts to go down
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

It's nothing to do with me. I blame Martin......

See? It's a knock-on effect of him melting the polar ice-cap
                            I can't argue with logic like that and such handsome bit of logic it is too.

Another appointment tomorrow and then the fun begins in earnest. The butterflies seem to have taken up permanent residence in my tummy these days.
                            sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bree* We're all keeping our fingers crossed that it goes better than you expect

And if ever you want to talk/rant/vent, you know where to find me

Comment

*huggles Woohoos*

We're all fine up here too, there's really nothing to be worried about since all the planes were grounded immediately. I was a bit worried about Dave's dad (he's an airline pilot) but turns out he wasn't even working today . The only real knock-on effect for us has been my bosses' parents stuck in America for a couple more days.

*squishy huggles Bree*

LJ what a beautiful picture and thank you for sharing . Thinking of you all at this time (((LJ))).

Comment

Working...
                                X