The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*yawn*

Jumble, how did you sleep last night? Any odd noises wake you?
    sigpic

Comment

Hey there psychadedlic Woohoos ! What a lovely productive day it's been. Had another meeting with a recruitment agency this morning who's major clients are the NHS and the Leeds City Council (huge employers around here). I did a copy typing test with them and came out with a typing speed of around 80 wpm (lol, wonder why?! ) and the guy seemed impressed as he said the minimum they were looking for was 30 wpm! He also said with my degree and experience there should be work he can put me forward for, most likely with the NHS in secretarial etc... So fingers crossed Woohoos that this time in a couple of weeks I should be working somewhere !

I felt so positive about it I even went and gave blood meaning the day became super positive! I love days like this

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Oh me too! Can't wait to hear Sarai's version of what I did or didn't do
      I dunno, I'm thinking we adopt a sort of "What happens in Vangroover stays in Vangroover" rule. Especially if Dan turns up!!

But hey, Ryan and Chris announced, how awesome is that!!! *bounces*

On age - you're only as old/young as you feel! Explaining why Jann feels intimidated by her age as she's about 5...

*runs away giggling*

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      I was more a Sindy girl myself.
      Although, if I am honest, I was more a Scalextrix, Lego, and Mecchano girl, but there was Annabel and Anjelica who were my special dollys so there was still a smidgeon of girly girl in me even then.
      Ah yes, the awesomeness that was Scalextrix and Lego. I was never much of a Mecchano fan but I did induldge in a lot of Lego! Never really got into Barbie or baby dolls etc... just didn't appeal. Sylvanian Families on the other hand...now they were awesome. To be honest though, I'd rather not be back in my childhood. Certainly not a barrel of laughs . Speaking of, Shelob visited this weekend. Can't believe how much she's improved over the past couple of years. She's a lot calmer and experiences less "mood swings". She left yesterday and for once I was actually glad to see her! Don't get me wrong, there were a couple of really sticky moments but on the whole quite a positive visit .

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        *puts a yellow jacket above Jumble*(hopefully has the same results as that salt)

You okay?

ROFL. Well...I can be like that, but I can be exactly hte opposite too! (keeping it all to myself )

I can't wait and say "look how immature I was at that age. If I only knew then..." but for now I just have fun! Life is way to short not to do that!

*hugs* You know you should oto bed at that time...not wake up... Silly girl

ooohh at 13/14 I couldn't wait to get "older" to be 16, and drive on a scooter and drink alcohol, then 18 was the magical age...and now...nothing...just...getting older
        Plus when I'm 20 I'm for the first time in 5? 7? years in the same "age" category as my brothers...the 20s...

I'm babbling again(because I'm bored) someone shut me up
        So for Valerie at 16 she can drive a car (Although some southern states have it at 15 ) and drink at 21. I can't really remember how I was at 13/14...oh...wait...no I REALLY wanted to be 16/18 because I had a huge crush on this guy and I wanted to be older!

*hugs*
        I found my barbies back yesterday! Even the little clothes my grandma made for them.."aww" moment there.
        Found out that my Ken was competing with another Ken...and they were...nekkid
        Awww I think I know where mine are downstairs Man...those were the good old days...

Bree those Martin pics...*thunk* so*thunk* sharp *thunk*

*drools*

Don't know....I think I was redressing them...but they were just...nekkid there...I don't know how I thought as a six year-old(or younger/older). I do remember trading clothes with my friends.

As for other stuff, I also played with Lego(technic lego), dolls(baby born anyone? I had the first version that was on the market. So cool) , played with toy cars and playmobil(sp?). The other half of the time I was watching TV or playing outside! (no internet...the miracle)
        oh and I also loved to draw and write stories...also I think I loved make-up/nailpolish even then because my room has never been redone since I was small and I still have nailpolish on my door.
        OMW!!! I had one of those!! Soooo much fun, havn't thought about those in years. Jann did you ever have a furby? (sp?) I loved that thing when it came out in 1998. Man...*remembers fond times* Oh and Lego...man...I had to steal my brothers to play with them since my parents never got them for me. (Were too messy and would get all over the place)

Jas, you are just sooooooo old. And *hugs* for having to go out in cold weather.

And I'll be 19 in June, yay!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          Hey there psychadedlic Woohoos ! What a lovely productive day it's been. Had another meeting with a recruitment agency this morning who's major clients are the NHS and the Leeds City Council (huge employers around here). I did a copy typing test with them and came out with a typing speed of around 80 wpm (lol, wonder why?! ) and the guy seemed impressed as he said the minimum they were looking for was 30 wpm! He also said with my degree and experience there should be work he can put me forward for, most likely with the NHS in secretarial etc... So fingers crossed Woohoos that this time in a couple of weeks I should be working somewhere !

I felt so positive about it I even went and gave blood meaning the day became super positive! I love days like this

I dunno, I'm thinking we adopt a sort of "What happens in Vangroover stays in Vangroover" rule. Especially if Dan turns up!!

On age - you're only as old/young as you feel! Explaining why Jann feels intimidated by her age as she's about 5...

*runs away giggling*

Ah yes, the awesomeness that was Scalextrix and Lego. I was never much of a Mecchano fan but I did induldge in a lot of Lego! Never really got into Barbie or baby dolls etc... just didn't appeal. Sylvanian Families on the other hand...now they were awesome. To be honest though, I'd rather not be back in my childhood. Certainly not a barrel of laughs . Speaking of, Shelob visited this weekend. Can't believe how much she's improved over the past couple of years. She's a lot calmer and experiences less "mood swings". She left yesterday and for once I was actually glad to see her! Don't get me wrong, there were a couple of really sticky moments but on the whole quite a positive visit .
          Glad you had a great day Sarai. I will cross fingers, toes and everything else that can be crossed for you on getting the job.
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the 69 post EH-T!!!

Bree, loved the Martin picspam!!

Yay Sarai for your positive day!!! *squishy huggles*

Ok, now I feel like the odd one here because I never played with barbies, I played with toy cars and figurines. Yep, that's right I'm somewhat of a tomboy

Oh and 69 post!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*wanders in* Wow. Quiet day. Wonder what kind of art Jumble's making out of those screen caps.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Life has been crazy lately but just popping in with a 69th post.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                I used to play Barbies with my sisters for hours. We even had a playroom that was set up as Barbie Land. We had it all. Those were the days. And yes, our dolls became nekkid on several occasions.

I now play them with my daughter, who btw, is still loving her new Barbie house. And of course, she loves to make them nekkid too, just not for the reasons I did.

Bree, MW is kind of growing on me. He is thunkable in his own cute way. The picspam definitely helps. He still isn't Jack though. *runs from Jumble*
                Of course he's not Jack. He's 1000 times better than Jack

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                *yawn*

Jumble, how did you sleep last night? Any odd noises wake you?
                I thought I heard something, but I was in the middle of this dream............ and I wasn't quite sure who was screaming

Sooooo.......????

You don't know what a relief it is that you said that

*runs away giggling*

Woohoooood!! *crosses fingers and toes that weren't already crossed*

Sounds really good

*wanders in* Wow. Quiet day. Wonder what kind of art Jumble's making out of those screen caps.
                Um...... I haven't opened PS in about a month Maybe those pics will inspire me when I get a few minutes to study them properly

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Age is just a number, doesn't mean a thing
                  *nods* Yep. I'm coming up to the big 30 this year but I feel no different to when I was 21. Actually, I feel better - happier, more confident, more settled, yeah, wouldn't want to go back and do those years again

*happy dances* So glad you've had such a good day - sounds really good, I'm so happy for you

Sylvanian Families! They were my favourites too! My sister and I used to make a whole village with them in her bedroom (because hers was bigger than mine) and play with them for hours. Loved them

And *hugs* on the Shelob situation - glad to hear she's improving even if it'll never be great.
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the kind words .

Josi my sister and I have really close birthdays and one year my Nan bought us the Sylvanian mansion . Best. Birthday. EVER!

Comment

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the kind words .

Josi my sister and I have really close birthdays and one year my Nan bought us the Sylvanian mansion . Best. Birthday. EVER!
                      *My 10 year old self dies of jealousy*

We never had anything that awesome - I had the schoolhouse (yeah, so me, I know ), and my sister had the bakery, but mostly we had to improvise for our houses. We used a whole variety of boxes and baskets, and even my sister's violin case, for the rest I can still remember exactly how the village was laid out, and which Sylvanian families lived in which place
                      sigpic

Comment

I had a very long online conversation with the new Birthmom. Looks like she's ready to place if we're ready to take him on (there are some issues we need to think about). Baby Boy is 1 mo. old and adorable.

Just got a message from one of my online adoption friends saying she passed out info on to a birthmom who called them yesterday. They decided not to work with her, but knew we were open to the type of situation that she presented them with.

Um...

2.5 yrs of waiting and we suddenly have two possible placements...

EDIT: Re childhood toys: Tonka trucks, baby!
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, awesome news LJ! Really hope one of them works out for you - it certainly sounds promising
                          sigpic

Comment

I had a very long online conversation with the new Birthmom. Looks like she's ready to place if we're ready to take him on (there are some issues we need to think about). Baby Boy is 1 mo. old and adorable.

Just got a message from one of my online adoption friends saying she passed out info on to a birthmom who called them yesterday. They decided not to work with her, but knew we were open to the type of situation that she presented them with.

Um...

*comes out of lurker mode long enough to bounce at your news*
                            Can I squee yet or should I hold it a bit longer? *remains with crossed digits and limbs*

Tonka trucks? How about Hot Wheels? Vroom vroom!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                              *comes out of lurker mode long enough to bounce at your news*
                              Can I squee yet or should I hold it a bit longer? *remains with crossed digits and limbs*

Tonka trucks? How about Hot Wheels? Vroom vroom!
                              Hold it a bit longer. If the other birthmom calls, we may have a very difficult decision on our hands.

Hot Wheels didn't work very well outside. Oh! The hours I spend playing in the dirt with my yellow and green Tonka! *happy sigh*
                              sigpic

Comment

Um...

Sod's Law A bird in the hand? Hmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X