The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
    I did temping for nearly 15 years, and you know the best thing about it? You never have to make the tough decisions!

And I wonder if anyone else besides me knows which episode this is out of? hmmmm?
    I had to really think about this one. Is it Smoke and Mirrors, Season 6?
    sigpic
    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

I wood deny I make PTB-related typing errors but who wood believe me?

*huggles Cags for the icky job situation*

I hope your move goes well Becky

Snow pics OT:
      Spoiler:

That is the most snow I've ever seen
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
        Wood afternoon, Woohoos

I just packed my car *sigh* My whole life fit into a tiny ford

...I had a dream about LJ last night...I can't quite remember it...there were babies...*shrugs*
        Me LJ or Live Journal LJ? Babies. Babies are good. (((Bekki)))
        sigpic

Comment

I did temping for nearly 15 years, and you know the best thing about it? You never have to make the tough decisions!

And I wonder if anyone else besides me knows which episode this is out of? hmmmm?
          Oh I know this one!
          *Thinks hard*
          Uh, Wormhole X-Treme?
          I got nuthin, some epi with the NID. Daniel and Sam are tied up, right?
          sigpic

Comment

Hehehe, yes you LJ! Live Journal confuses and frightens me! I don't think I want have a dream about live journal and babies ((((((((((((LJ)))))))))))
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
              I had to really think about this one. Is it Smoke and Mirrors, Season 6?
              Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
              Oh I know this one!
              *Thinks hard*
              Uh, Wormhole X-Treme?
              I got nuthin, some epi with the NID. Daniel and Sam are tied up, right?
              Wormhole X-treme it is

Bekki Good luck with the move When do you actually go?

Comment

*hugs Bekki for life in a little ford* Have fun and good luck with the moving!
                Yessika SNOW! I also like it to see how different the way of building (houses far apart/building etc.) compared to the Netherlands(or at least where I live)
                sigpic

Comment

Good luck with The Big Move, Bekki!

Lovely pics, yessika!

*hugs WooHoos*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Good luck with the move Bekki

I'm sorry things are a bit slow on the childminding front Jumble . I hope it picks up, or at least that you can find a temping job you enjoy *shakes fist at job market*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      Good luck with the move Bekki

I'm sorry things are a bit slow on the childminding front Jumble . I hope it picks up, or at least that you can find a temping job you enjoy *shakes fist at job market*
                      Thanks I'm not really that bothered atm. I've got work until the end of July, so I don't really have to worry about it for a while yet

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        Thanks I'm not really that bothered atm. I've got work until the end of July, so I don't really have to worry about it for a while yet
                        That's good to hear

I've made another vid, the mojo is certainly on the increase...but MAN do I hate exporting!!! It never gets any easier, no matter what platform you're editing with . That and the stupid 100mb limit on Youtube really ticks me off *le sigh*.

EDIT: SUCCESS!! For the Bones fans...or for anyone who wants to get into the show that doesn't mind being spoilered *cough*Josiane*cough*

Booth and Brennan "Say"
                        Last edited by Sarai; 12 February 2010, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          Of course, I could always take the lazy route and go work in Sainsbury's

Noooo! Don't Do It!

Actually, with the benefit of being out of the retail game for a few years now I would, actually go back and do it again if I had to. BUT I would never EVER do it as a manager again. The stress/pressure/time to financial reimbursement ratio is just not good enough, IMO. I don't think I ever did under 60 hours a week. I'd happily stack shelves of sit on a till but that's it.

Yes, there is that.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          I wood deny I make PTB-related typing errors but who wood believe me?

*huggles Cags for the icky job situation*

Thanks. It's ok though. I work for a charity that depends on funding to survive, so my concern is more to do with whether they will survive without the funding than my own job. The irritating thing is, we were promised 3 years funding by the local authority - next financial year is the last year of that and then we'd have to re-negotiate. Given what we do and the support we give and how beneficial it is, there was never really much question that funding would be renewed if we can provide the data to prove it - which it is, essentially part of my job to do and which I have done with ease! But with a general election coming up, likely a change in government (and government policies), and the recession biting hard on finances all round, everyone - including the local authorities - are having to tighten belts. This one is no exception; They have to save £60 million from their budget next year. The first thing that goes is funding for voluntary organisations so, no matter how fantastic what we do is, no matter how well it fits into the Every Child Matters guideline and the OfSTED requirements, if there's no money in the pot for us it won't make much difference.

Ah well. I am fortunate in that I live in an area where employment is fairly easy to come by, relatively speaking. If it means I have to go back to retail work then so be it... urgh, provided they don't make me a manager!

Fantastic snow pictures, by the way. Oooh very pretty!

Bekki, good luck with the move. This made me think of you today:

"I've got a heart full of rubberbands that keep getting caught on things."

I love that line.
                          Last edited by Cagranosalis; 12 February 2010, 03:52 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks y'all! I move in 10 hours Fun fun fun!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

*huggles Bekki

Good luck with the move

Comment

*huggles everyone for work situation*

I think my area isn't hit that harsh by the whole economic situation...I don't know anyone who got fired/can't find a job...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X