The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay for snow Josi and Jumble!

We still got a few inches from monday/sunday...it just doesn't go away lol!

I got my new duvet and keyboard today Yay.

*huggles Amanda* You were just doing too much hon...sometimes you can't do everything...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Wow! It's really coming down fast here now too, but still only a couple of inches. Just went out to take a look - I love the quiet hush of falling snow

This is outside my flat, right now:
      http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm88/timepresent/th_P1020104.jpg
      Ah, you make it look so beautiful

We've got over a foot of it now, and still falling. I just hope the schools are closed tomorrow and Thursday, I really don't want to drive in it

I know, I know, I'm a killjoy But really, it's no fun on the school run with three children in the car It's scary.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Ah, you make it look so beautiful

We've got over a foot of it now, and still falling. I just hope the schools are closed tomorrow and Thursday, I really don't want to drive in it

I know, I know, I'm a killjoy But really, it's no fun on the school run with three children in the car It's scary.
        No, it's fair enough I can be happy about it because I don't have to drive anywhere - I can walk to walk (and it's actually better when it snows rather than just ice, less slippy) and I've got all the shops I need within walking distance too, so I can just enjoy it. I'd be far less happy if I had to get in my car!

I was supposed to be going to my parents' tonight though because it's my dad's birthday, but we decided I wouldn't because of the snow - and good job too, they've got over 6 inches last I heard and people abandoning cars on the road outside, so I wouldn't have been able to get back
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

No, it's fair enough I can be happy about it because I don't have to drive anywhere - I can walk to walk (and it's actually better when it snows rather than just ice, less slippy) and I've got all the shops I need within walking distance too, so I can just enjoy it. I'd be far less happy if I had to get in my car!

I was supposed to be going to my parents' tonight though because it's my dad's birthday, but we decided I wouldn't because of the snow - and good job too, they've got over 6 inches last I heard and people abandoning cars on the road outside, so I wouldn't have been able to get back
          Aw, shame to miss his birthday, but better to be safe

I've had to abandon my car on the main road at the bottom of the hill before, and really I don't want to do that again. Just my luck for someone to come along and crunch it (I know this hill doesn't look that steep, but believe me when it snows nobody can get up it)

*goes back to PremPro and continues to try to figure it out*

The things I do for Martin

Comment

Aw, shame to miss his birthday, but better to be safe

I've had to abandon my car on the main road at the bottom of the hill before, and really I don't want to do that again. Just my luck for someone to come along and crunch it (I know this hill doesn't look that steep, but believe me when it snows nobody can get up it)

*goes back to PremPro and continues to try to figure it out*

The things I do for Martin
            That's what we thought And I've spoken to him on the phone and I think he'd rather I didn't come than I got stuck on the roads somewhere or even worse had an accident

And I can believe it of your hill - where the cars are getting stuck at my parents is because there's two small hills, much like the one on the way up to your house, one either side of the roundabout, and they're getting there from the flat road and just not able to go any further. It's what happened before Christmas too.
            sigpic

Comment

That's what we thought And I've spoken to him on the phone and I think he'd rather I didn't come than I got stuck on the roads somewhere or even worse had an accident
              That's right, and I don't suppose he'd want to spend his birthday rescuing you from a snowdrift

And I can believe it of your hill - where the cars are getting stuck at my parents is because there's two small hills, much like the one on the way up to your house, one either side of the roundabout, and they're getting there from the flat road and just not able to go any further. It's what happened before Christmas too.
              We don't get gritters up here either, because the road is so narrow and there are parked cars everywhere, they can't get the lorries through

Fire engines always have trouble getting up here too, but they solve the problem by having the entire (uniformed ) fire crew get out and physically move any cars that are in the way. That's a sight to see, believe me

Comment

That's right, and I don't suppose he'd want to spend his birthday rescuing you from a snowdrift

We don't get gritters up here either, because the road is so narrow and there are parked cars everywhere, they can't get the lorries through

Fire engines always have trouble getting up here too, but they solve the problem by having the entire (uniformed ) fire crew get out and physically move any cars that are in the way. That's a sight to see, believe me
                I bet!
                sigpic

Comment

Cross posting from the Ship Thread, because I get spanked when I do not :

Dear PTB,

How's life? It must be great to be you. To be your friends. To be your shoes or left sock... I bet your feet don't smell funny.
                  It's been a while since the last letter and I'm sorry. I wood never want you to feel left out. I know you miss me when I don't write. I think that's what you guys have written in the letter back that unfortunately never reached me because I think the mailman stole it out of envy...

Anyway. The Ship Appreciation Thread, better known as the Ship Family Thread, but that prefers to be callled ''The Thread Formerly Known as The Ship Family Thread'' or TFKTSFT (pronounced as it stands, not as seperate letters). has been remininiscing. *nods* Your favorite bunch of Shippers has been posting sories from when they were little in terms of Ship. And I believe that you should read them to get to know us better. To see where we come from.

Some of us have started Shipping recently and some of us have known the joys and lows a little longer. I myself have posted a story which is fairly boring, but fair. I blame others for my obsession and it's true. It's your fault to, PTB. If it weren't for Martin's sexy Shorts, Coopie's radiant smile or Brad's... shall we say ...romantic abilities, I could have said goodbye. If it wasn't for Rick and Amanda, I could have saved myself hours of typing and finding new words to rhyme with ''Ship''.

The first PTB letter, the first behind the scenes, the first HubbaHubba poem and the first ickybah have all found their roots here on the Ship Thread. Some of us grew up, some have started to feel gravity pull and some of us have said things about Ship or PTB while PMSing which are true but harsh. Some of us set their inner Hippy free and some have let loose their plotbunnies and flying pigs.
                  You, PTB, and us The Shippers are stuck in a rollercoaster, like birds of a feather, stargating and so happy together. We will sing for you if you promise to dance for us. Nekkid.

Long story short... We invested time. You invested time. We're oddly attracted to eachother and there are signs of mutual love. We have stared at eachother from opposite sides of the room, we have sniffed hair and talked bum. I think it's time for that sexy kind of togetherness... The Sam and Jack Togetherness! That way, you won't have to read all our backstory. Our melancholic non smelly farts of the past. No, you will get to read our succes stories! The happily ever afters ( Or the bubbly bums. that sounds kind of catchy...). I think that if you do it wright (hehe, pun), even the most annoyed Shippers might put in a line of appreciation... Because You Are Awesome!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
                  Nad

P.S.: The Lady on the Parkbench has a Ship story too. It starts in nineteenfiftysomething and it's even written in black and white. There was ''dancing''. *wiggles eyebrows* I said that wasn't Sam and Jack, but she said that everyone was named Sam and/or Jack back then and that it was too...
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*dies laughing*
                    Nad, you are AWESOME!
                    sigpic

Comment

AWESOME! indeed

But I do have to take issue with you over the 'nineteenfiftysomething' You make it sound like it's a loooooooooooong time ago, yet I remember........

Oh dear

Comment

Thanks

AWESOME! indeed

But I do have to take issue with you over the 'nineteenfiftysomething' You make it sound like it's a loooooooooooong time ago, yet I remember........

Oh dear
                        Only in terms of TV. Not life
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          Thanks

Only in terms of TV. Not life
                          *wiggle wiggle*

Hey, I've done a whole 24 second opening sequence of the vid!

And it's only taken me............ 3 hours

I'm seriously thinking of abandoning PremPro and going back to WMM

Comment

*wiggle wiggle*

Hey, I've done a whole 24 second opening sequence of the vid!

And it's only taken me............ 3 hours

I'm seriously thinking of abandoning PremPro and going back to WMM
                            Oh yeah!

And WooHood on the 24 seconds!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Oh yeah!

And WooHood on the 24 seconds!
                              He's actually saying "Woohoo!" from the 22nd second

Comment

He's actually saying "Woohoo!" from the 22nd second

Awesome.

I wonder if Martin ever thinks: ''Hey... ''WooHoo'' matches my last name... that's kind of cool...''

Thank you!
                                *Happy dances for the banner*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X