Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by yessika View Post
    *huggles LJ and Sarai*
    I love the "where's jumble" artwork
    *goes off to watch/listen Sleepers podcast*
    BTW the Penance podcast rocked, Martin sang again *squee*
    Martin isn't on the Sleepers podcommentary

    Cags asked which shot in Small Victories was created in Photoshop, so now that I've managed to find it again (I got distracted, ok? I blame Martin) it's this one


    "This was made on the US version of Photoshop. We took the PS and created our own interface and thought, what could you do if you had infinite dollars with PS? "

    Comment


      Martin is not is Sleepers podcast?!?!?
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

      Comment


        Well, I called the caseworker today, but just got the voicemail. *sigh* why do they make it so difficult? Really. I want to adopt two brothers--ages 3 and 7...you'd think that wouldn't be so hard, but it SO is!
        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by yessika View Post
          Martin is not is Sleepers podcast?!?!?
          Nope. Damian and Amanda.

          Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          Well, I called the caseworker today, but just got the voicemail. *sigh* why do they make it so difficult? Really. I want to adopt two brothers--ages 3 and 7...you'd think that wouldn't be so hard, but it SO is!
          Are there many people that wood take both siblings, at those ages? I'd have thought the adoption people wood be keen to follow up on your offer

          I guess you grit your teeth and keep calling until you get someone Think how worth all this angst it will be when you finally get your new child/children

          *huggles LJ*

          Comment


            Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Nope. Damian and Amanda.

            Are there many people that wood take both siblings, at those ages? I'd have thought the adoption people wood be keen to follow up on your offer

            I guess you grit your teeth and keep calling until you get someone Think how worth all this angst it will be when you finally get your new child/children

            *huggles LJ*
            You'd think there wouldn't be that many families interested, but apparently there are. The one email I got from the caseworker said she was overwhelmed with inquiries. Now, an inquiry is not the same as sending a homestudy, like we did. Who knows how many sent homestudies. She is probably still sorting through them all and is still feeling overwhelmed. She does have about 30 other cases besides them. The boys are still up on the web site, so they're still accepting homestudies on them. Anyway, yeah...I just keep plugging away at it. Will keep you all updated (cuz if we here something positive back, you'll hear me screaming for joy clear in the UK!).
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              You'd think there wouldn't be that many families interested, but apparently there are. The one email I got from the caseworker said she was overwhelmed with inquiries. Now, an inquiry is not the same as sending a homestudy, like we did. Who knows how many sent homestudies. She is probably still sorting through them all and is still feeling overwhelmed. She does have about 30 other cases besides them. The boys are still up on the web site, so they're still accepting homestudies on them. Anyway, yeah...I just keep plugging away at it. Will keep you all updated (cuz if we here something positive back, you'll hear me screaming for joy clear in the UK!).
              I'm really surprised there are that many people interested. They wood be perfect for you. Bit like having two sets of twins though..... how old is Nate? I can't remember

              *sits and waits for the screeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm!!!!*

              Comment


                Cool. Thanks Jumble. I completely missed that. What a dreadful excuse to go and listen to the commentary again. Oh the hardship!

                Oh and some computer funnies:



                For use when TPB bashing starts up in the ship thread:






                For those of us still using Vista:






                I wish I could change this to say "search function" not google:





                When moving files is taking just too long:






                When GW is being slow:






                Oops, how did he get in there? *stares suspiciously at LJ*






                Speaks for itself:






                One for Nad after we've gutterised the thread:







                One for Joe, perhaps:







                There's many times I've wanted to say this:







                We could all use one of these:








                *giggles*








                And this one is definitely for me:





                Actually there's loads more but a lot of them are quite naughty (sweary). The funniest two (the office assistant jokes) are, unfortunately, or I'd post them.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Ooops was I that long posting?


                  *Huggles LJ and hopes.*
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    I'm really surprised there are that many people interested. They wood be perfect for you. Bit like having two sets of twins though..... how old is Nate? I can't remember

                    *sits and waits for the screeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm!!!!*
                    Yeah, that's actually a strike against us. We'd be "twinning" both sets of kids--they're only a few months apart from each other. I think it'd be great, cuz in actuality, those boys are emotionally much younger than their ages, and we've through the stages they're in right now. Another strike against us is that the younger boy is named Nathan. Even though our boykid is Nate, not Nathan, the two are similar enough the caseworker might decide it would be best not to have them together (maintaining a sense of identity and all that).
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      *huggles LJ* I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope you're getting those two boys

                      *giggles at Cags* some of those are hilarious! And guttery ones...I wanna see*pouts*
                      I think I did use the "smash head on keyboard" way too often though*looks at state of keyboard*...yup for sure!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        I claim no responsibility for any DB pics that may or may not sneak into your posts, Cags. That being said, *THUNK!* and *snurches pic*
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          *waves at APA*
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Cool. Thanks Jumble. I completely missed that. What a dreadful excuse to go and listen to the commentary again. Oh the hardship!
                            Yes, bad Cags, making me listen to Martin over and over because I couldn't find the darn cap





                            What is that?
                            Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            Yeah, that's actually a strike against us. We'd be "twinning" both sets of kids--they're only a few months apart from each other. I think it'd be great, cuz in actuality, those boys are emotionally much younger than their ages, and we've through the stages they're in right now. Another strike against us is that the younger boy is named Nathan. Even though our boykid is Nate, not Nathan, the two are similar enough the caseworker might decide it would be best not to have them together (maintaining a sense of identity and all that).
                            I don't understand that. OSTED tell us Childminders that we shouldn't have two or three children the same age, yet I've done that many times and find it works out really well I once had three little girls, all within months of each other, and they got on really well, went to nursery together and settled in really well because none of them felt 'alone', started school the same time (different schools) and shared their experiences. They didn't become a single unit or anything like that, because I always took them out to places where they could mix with lots of other children, but I think they felt an extra security from being brought up together in an equal group. They all developed at slightly different rates and were definitely three totally different characters.

                            I guess I can see the point a little with regard to the names, but surely if they are always called Nate and Nathan there woodn't be a problem? They don't actually sound that much alike, one being 't' and the other being 'than'. Apart from that, they're both old enough to know their own names and recognise their own identities.

                            You'd think they'd be more interested in finding the best care for the boys rather than nitpicking like that

                            Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed and sending good vibes
                            Last edited by Jumble; 04 January 2010, 04:40 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              Yes, bad Cags, making me listen Martin over and over because I couldn't find the darn cap






                              What is that?


                              I don't understand that. OSTED tell us Childminders that we shouldn't have two or three children the same age, yet I've done that many times and find it works out really well I once had three little girls, all within months of each other, and they got on really well, went to nursery together and settled in really well because none of them felt 'alone', started school the same time (different schools) and shared their experiences. They didn't become a single unit or anything like that, because I always took them out to places where they could mix with lots of other children, but I think they felt an extra security from being brought up together in an equal group. They all developed at slightly different rates and were definitely three totally different characters.

                              I guess I can see the point a little with regard to the names, but surely if they are always called Nate and Nathan there woodn't be a problem? They don't actually sound that much alike, one being 't' and the other being 'than'. Apart from that, they're both old enough to know their own names and recognise their own identities.

                              You'd think they'd be more interested in finding the best care for the boys rather than nitpicking like that

                              Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed and sending good vibes
                              That's interesting. I didn't know the age thing extended to daycare. Wild! And I feel the same way you do. I think, Hey, here's a built in Best Buddy. Ah well. I do not make the decisions and mine is not to ask why. Things will work out as they're supposed to.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Jann, I'll FB them tomorrow for you.


                                LJ, oh so you won't be wanting these ones either?


                                Spoiler:

















                                Ooops how'd that last one get in there?




                                Umm, sorry, we interupt this normal PTB appreciation for som DB thunkage (with a little DD thunkage on the side ).
                                Last edited by Cagranosalis; 05 January 2010, 03:05 AM. Reason: spoilered for stretchyness.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X