• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Woohoos!

*huggles Bekki for exercise pain and happy dances with her for the con*
    *huggles Jann for parents and family rubbish*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Funny if she did

Woodn't it be great if we could all go to AT5? Turn it into a WooHoo Convention
    It would be AWESOME! We should definitely all try to go
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Funny if she did

Woodn't it be great if we could all go to AT5? Turn it into a WooHoo Convention

Yes yes, and me being within walkking distance (providing it's the usual location) you can all camp out in my garden. There's 88 feet of it - ok yes, most of that is flowerbeds, arbours, vegetable plots and assorted children's toys but there's enough lawn to stick up tents... and I have three of those already. The canvas frame tent only leaks a little bit so pray for dry weather. What luck eh! It's only November; you should be comfy enough out there...

*wishes, not for the first time, that I had a bigger house*

Oh yes, we do like to stretch our celebrations out

Although I have to say, it's a bit inconsiderate of Martin to have his birthday so soon after Martinmas
      Well you can blame his parent's for that.
      You know, next year we should just start Martinmas on the 20thish December and keep on going until his birthday.

*Huggles Bekki for out of conditionness* You'll get it back soon.

*Huggles Jann for family.* They can be frustrating.

*Huggles all the Woohoos!*
      sigpic

Comment

Martin has a birthday?

*blinks*

YAY! Martin has a birthday!!!

"Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
          Martin has a birthday?

*blinks*

I like that

He is so special, he's just always been here!!!!
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            Yes yes, and me being within walkking distance (providing it's the usual location) you can all camp out in my garden. There's 88 feet of it - ok yes, most of that is flowerbeds, arbours, vegetable plots and assorted children's toys but there's enough lawn to stick up tents... and I have three of those already. The canvas frame tent only leaks a little bit so pray for dry weather. What luck eh! It's only November; you should be comfy enough out there...

*wishes, not for the first time, that I had a bigger house*
            Er........ couldn't we just have sleeping bags on the floor in the lounge? The garden sounds a bit too chilly for my old bones

Well you can blame his parent's for that.
            That got me wondering when his Dad was on hiatus from his tv commitments.........
            You know, next year we should just start Martinmas on the 20thish December and keep on going until his birthday.

But I guess then it wood just look pretty much like the normal thread...... and how many 'Days of' pics wood I have to come up with for that?

Originally posted by es! View Post
            Martin has a birthday?

*blinks*

What did you think? He's a directing angel sent from the stars? He's too AWESOME to possibly be a mere mortal? Somebody got a cloning machine, added the DNA of all the previously 'best' directors and mixed them up with DNA from the best looking guys in the world, thereby creating the best and best looking director of all time?

Or all of the above?

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            I like that

He is so special, he's just always been here!!!!
            Or there's that

Comment

*iz frustrated with in-laws*
              Spoiler:
              When you're sick, or there's someone who is in the house often who is sick, and you're expecting company, the polite thing to do would be contact said company and alert them to the illness!! ARGH! So we caught the flu while we were there, and now sis-in-law's family has strep throat and mom-in-law is like, "Oh, did you catch it here?" WHAT?? Why didn't you tell me there was strep throat at your house a few days before my kids and I arrived!!! ARRRRGH! The good new is, we probably avoided the strep, since sis-in-law's kid came down with it last week, so we're in the clear, as far as incubation periods go, but I'm still ticked off that they put their "need" to see us above the well-being of my kids and husband. If my husband catches strep with his immune system...*shudders*...it's not pretty.

*whacks in-laws with Silers wrench*
              sigpic

Comment

*huggles LJ tightly* Stupid in laws! They should have let you know about that!

*huggles all other woohoos*

OT ..the end of these two weeks!
                Spoiler:
                Dad came to me last night. Which is quite...amazing since he is never the one to talk to us. Well...he only talked to me because he understood how I felt
                He asked me to try to see it from their side(da parents) too...they come home and we go out(all three of us went to the bar)...I told him that was because we thought they didn't care. Apparently I was wrong and they felt bad about sending their friends immediately away, plus they didn't understood because my parents are the only couple among all of their friends with children...he also said that some things they said were wrong and appologized *huggles dad tightly*
                He also said he was amazed at how I kept my brothers under control and that everything my mom was complaining about(we still living at home) was for my brothers...because I told him how badly I wanted to move about but it is financially not possible atm(he told me "6 months and then you're gone"

As for going away during the Christmas holidays(brother complained) he said that normally we leave as well, so should they stay at home for that one afternoon? It was unfair and egocentric of us to think like that. I agreed.

He also said(adviced) that I should let go of my brothers and it is impossible to side with both of them and play the referee...so I now should just be honest and let my brothers complain but not to me( I actually told them when they came in just now to complain about the other again...before he even started "if you want to complain about someone, I don't care who, go talk to a tree. I don't want to hear about it"

I slept really badly(or not at all) but stood up earlier today for a shower...talked to my mom as well...she understood too and hugged me(which is quite something for my mom and I)

And everything is okay now *happy sigh*

Oh and can I say I love my Dad?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  *iz frustrated with in-laws*
                  Spoiler:
                  When you're sick, or there's someone who is in the house often who is sick, and you're expecting company, the polite thing to do would be contact said company and alert them to the illness!! ARGH! So we caught the flu while we were there, and now sis-in-law's family has strep throat and mom-in-law is like, "Oh, did you catch it here?" WHAT?? Why didn't you tell me there was strep throat at your house a few days before my kids and I arrived!!! ARRRRGH! The good new is, we probably avoided the strep, since sis-in-law's kid came down with it last week, so we're in the clear, as far as incubation periods go, but I'm still ticked off that they put their "need" to see us above the well-being of my kids and husband. If my husband catches strep with his immune system...*shudders*...it's not pretty.

*whacks in-laws with Silers wrench*
                  I've often had children brought to me as usual, only to find out later in the day (when they've vomitted and I've called the parents to take them home) that actually they were up all night throwing up Or been talking to someone at a toddler group and have them laughingly mention that their child (who is playing with all the other children at this point) is being treated for conjunctivitis Some people either don't think or don't care

But in your case it's really hard to understand since it is their own family that is likely to be infected Shame on them!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  *huggles LJ tightly* Stupid in laws! They should have let you know about that!

*huggles all other woohoos*

OT ..the end of these two weeks!
                  Spoiler:
                  Dad came to me last night. Which is quite...amazing since he is never the one to talk to us. Well...he only talked to me because he understood how I felt
                  He asked me to try to see it from their side(da parents) too...they come home and we go out(all three of us went to the bar)...I told him that was because we thought they didn't care. Apparently I was wrong and they felt bad about sending their friends immediately away, plus they didn't understood because my parents are the only couple among all of their friends with children...he also said that some things they said were wrong and appologized *huggles dad tightly*
                  He also said he was amazed at how I kept my brothers under control and that everything my mom was complaining about(we still living at home) was for my brothers...because I told him how badly I wanted to move about but it is financially not possible atm(he told me "6 months and then you're gone"

As for going away during the Christmas holidays(brother complained) he said that normally we leave as well, so should they stay at home for that one afternoon? It was unfair and egocentric of us to think like that. I agreed.

He also said(adviced) that I should let go of my brothers and it is impossible to side with both of them and play the referee...so I now should just be honest and let my brothers complain but not to me( I actually told them when they came in just now to complain about the other again...before he even started "if you want to complain about someone, I don't care who, go talk to a tree. I don't want to hear about it"

I slept really badly(or not at all) but stood up earlier today for a shower...talked to my mom as well...she understood too and hugged me(which is quite something for my mom and I)

And everything is okay now *happy sigh*

Oh and can I say I love my Dad?
                  You don't hug your Mom? You really should. I'd think there was something badly wrong if my kids didn't greet me with a hug

Have to agree with your Dad though, they're entitled to do what they like with their holidays now that you and the bros are grown up. I bet you don't wonder what they're doing when you make arrangements to go out

Comment

Have to agree with your Dad though, they're entitled to do what they like with their holidays now that you and the bros are grown up. I bet you don't wonder what they're doing when you make arrangements to go out
                    I dunno.. I'd feel terrible if my parents went off on Christmas and we couldn't go see them.

Then again.

It's not going to happen.

I have their grandkids...

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      I dunno.. I'd feel terrible if my parents went off on Christmas and we couldn't go see them.

Then again.

It's not going to happen.

I have their grandkids...
                      Horses for courses I guess I'm happy not to see my kids or grandkids over Christmas, but then I do get to see most of them on a daily basis

Comment

Horses for courses I guess I'm happy not to see my kids or grandkids over Christmas, but then I do get to see most of them on a daily basis
                        rofl. Exactly. I haven't lived with my parents, or even less than 2 hours away, since I left for college at 18 so it is very different They wouldn't leave over Christmas cause it's one of the few times I've generally been able to get to see them.

And.

You know.

Now I've got bait

Comment

rofl. Exactly. I haven't lived with my parents, or even less than 2 hours away, since I left for college at 18 so it is very different They wouldn't leave over Christmas cause it's one of the few times I've generally been able to get to see them.

And.

You know.

Now I've got bait
                          It's really nice to know that there are families in the world that like each other

My parents live 20 minutes away. I haven't seen them in 14 years and nobody could pay me enough to spend Christmas with them

Comment

It's really nice to know that there are families in the world that like each other

My parents live 20 minutes away. I haven't seen them in 14 years and nobody could pay me enough to spend Christmas with them
                            But you see your kids and grandkids regularly... So you must like *them*

*looks around nervously*

I often wish my mother liked her sisters and their kids a little less. My parents, my mom's two sisters, their husbands, and their kids always get together on Christmas day. Which was fine when the four kids this included were little. Now we're all grown up and three of us have SOs/spouses and I have three kids and it's starting to become a *ridiculous* amount of people on Christmas I'm not even sure how my cousins sell it to their boyfriend/girlfriends: "Well.. we have to leave your mother's at noon so we can get to my aunt's by 2..." Eh?

And, on topic, I don't recall seeing this pic lately:

Comment

But you see your kids and grandkids regularly... So you must like *them*
                              I do......mostly We have our moments

Yeah, it was just the mention of parents that sparked me, sorry

*looks around nervously*

I often wish my mother liked her sisters and their kids a little less. My parents, my mom's two sisters, their husbands, and their kids always get together on Christmas day. Which was fine when the four kids this included were little. Now we're all grown up and three of us have SOs/spouses and I have three kids and it's starting to become a *ridiculous* amount of people on Christmas I'm not even sure how my cousins sell it to their boyfriend/girlfriends: "Well.. we have to leave your mother's at noon so we can get to my aunt's by 2..." Eh?
                              I remember a couple of Christmasses like that when I was very young....... fun when you're a kid I guess, but a bit of a nightmare on the catering front

And, on topic, I don't recall seeing this pic lately:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...iferJF/OMG.jpg
                              *shields eyes* There's a reason for that

Comment

*shields eyes* there's a reason for that

EDIT: Cause I happen to *love* his commentaries

Comment

Working...
                                X