Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Woohoos!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    Considering Jenn is a die-hard shipper, I'm going to guess there will be quite a bit of overlap if you did that. Feel free to do the 12 best Joe-written moments, though.

You see, for me I would proabbly end up with 12 scenes for Window Of Opportunity. Ah I adore that episode.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    I had trouble getting to sleep, finally dropped off at around 2am, woke from a dream about a charity auction at SE at 3.30 and couldn't get back to sleep Finally slept about an hour before the alarm went of

This time it's definitely Martin's fault

Yes, you!

He looks like he's about to rip his shirt off Superman stylee right there.

I should get back to "work" shouldn't I? I have loads of lieu to take so only really need to work about 17 hours over the next two weeks but... ack I do need to knuckle down to it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Morning Woohoos!

You see, for me I would proabbly end up with 12 scenes for Window Of Opportunity. Ah I adore that episode.
      Ah yes, the only thing I've ever thanked PDL for

He looks like he's about to rip his shirt off Superman style right there.
      Unfortunately, it doesn't say 'S' on his chest.......

well not that we can see anyway

I should get back to "work" shouldn't I? I have loads of lieu to take so only really need to work about 17 hours over the next two weeks but... ack I do need to knuckle down to it.
      Yes, I ought to get dressed since I start work in 35 minutes...........

I have 12 days off over Christmas/New Year

Comment

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/MW%20pics/AvengerMartin3.jpg[/IMG]

well not that we can see anyway

Yes, I ought to get dressed since I start work in 35 minutes...........

I have 12 days off over Christmas/New Year
        I wasn't looking at his chest...

Given that it's a cartoon drawing that's probably quite wrong, isn't it?

I am off from 21st December until 3rd January. Hubby, on the other hand, is off Christmas day. He's even working Boxing day and New year's day this year.
        sigpic

Comment

I wasn't looking at his chest...
          Why am I not surprised? Seems to me you never see anything above waist level

Given that it's a cartoon drawing that's probably quite wrong, isn't it?
          Well that rather depends on how accurate it is............

I am off from 21st December until 3rd January. Hubby, on the other hand, is off Christmas day. He's even working Boxing day and New year's day this year.
          I never work between Christmas Eve and Jan 2nd, and this year there's the bonus of having the 2nd and 3rd on the weekend, and I'm finishing on the 22nd

Oh look, it's Dan's birthday on the 23rd, right in the middle of Martinmas

Comment

Why am I not surprised? Seems to me you never see anything above waist level

I resent that you know. I notice his...eyes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              Considering Jenn is a die-hard shipper, I'm going to guess there will be quite a bit of overlap if you did that. Feel free to do the 12 best Joe-written moments, though.
              *looks at list*

Actually - if you can believe this - there are only 4 on the list that are overtly shippy and another 2 which are conceptually shippy...

I'm going for uber-directing, and much of the classic Sam/Jack stuff isn't brilliant for it's direction particularly. Or at least, compared to other MW scenes which are absolutely brilliant. But, you're right, I've probably still got the most significant scenes there.

Hmmm....

Maybe we could do the top 12 Sam/Jack scenes as voted on by whomever cares to vote, one each day, and devote that day especially to the writer and director of that scene? Not that you couldn't do other stuff for others on that day, just..

Though. You know. Some of the writers especially aren't ones we usually fan around here. Which might actually be pretty cool... And there'd be some overlap. Which I think we could all live with.

Or is that *way* too geeky? Or is there some other organization to the event (since I've not been here before for it) Or do people prefer absolutely none at all?

(though, yes, I am volunteering to coordinate if folks think it's a good idea.)

Comment

*runz in*

*volunteers for 12 days of PDL*

I have the list all ready!! *gloats cos my list has written, directed, written & directed, plus creatively consulted * Just need the time It'll be ready for next year if not for this

*wonders how many icons I can make from the nekkid pdl pic......*drools**

Jenn, I have no idea what goes on here either over Martinmas! *happily leaves the geekiness to you * I just know it will be crazy
                sigpic

Comment

*falls in thread*

So. Tired.
                  Fell asleep at 3 am last night...to be woken up(by my alarm) at 7 am*yawn*...and thus I overslept(my alarm should have gone off an hour earlier) ...ran late into the lecture, in which I discovered my teacher had computer issues and he was still fiddling with the stuff before we started...all the rushing for nothing! After that team meeting..in which half of my group didn't show because of their own train issues or sickness...
                  Why did I woke up this morning? *yawns some more*

Jenn that sounds like a really awesome idea! Maybe in that way we find new PTB to thunk*squees* You can organize, but if you need help I'm willing to help!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    After that team meeting..in which half of my group didn't show because of their own train issues or sickness...
                    Why did I woke up this morning? *yawns some more*
                    *hugs* Yeah, I hear you on sickness. I'm sitting here trying to guess if I'll be well enough to work tomorrow morning at 2:30am or if I should start trying to find someone to do my shift now.

Ah, the joys of healthcare. :/

Comment

I resent that you know. I notice his...eyes.
                      Yes, of course you do.............. several minutes later........... and only on the head shots

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      *looks at list*

Actually - if you can believe this - there are only 4 on the list that are overtly shippy and another 2 which are conceptually shippy...

I'm going for uber-directing, and much of the classic Sam/Jack stuff isn't brilliant for it's direction particularly. Or at least, compared to other MW scenes which are absolutely brilliant. But, you're right, I've probably still got the most significant scenes there.

Hmmm....

Maybe we could do the top 12 Sam/Jack scenes as voted on by whomever cares to vote, one each day, and devote that day especially to the writer and director of that scene? Not that you couldn't do other stuff for others on that day, just..

Though. You know. Some of the writers especially aren't ones we usually fan around here. Which might actually be pretty cool... And there'd be some overlap. Which I think we could all live with.

Or is that *way* too geeky? Or is there some other organization to the event (since I've not been here before for it) Or do people prefer absolutely none at all?

(though, yes, I am volunteering to coordinate if folks think it's a good idea.)
                      Organization? On the WooHoo thread?

What happens on Martinmas (and any other of our little shindigs) is that everyone is free to come in and post anything they like that is in some way connected to TPTB (as long as it's polite ) Organized, disorganized, random........ any way you want to do it is fine with us

I'm really hoping that you'll bring an extra layer to the WooHoos' world with some really interesting and in depth comments on the work of OBPTB

And I'll just sit here and nod and post pics and artwork........... we all have our own specialities

Comment

Aw look, it takes a real man to feel comfortable with pale pink hearts AND a flowery shirt

Last edited by Jumble; 07 December 2009, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Oh look, it's Dan's birthday on the 23rd, right in the middle of Martinmas
                          Certainly is *waggles eyebrows*

Sorry I ran away last night, nearly got rumbled being on GW at work

*huggles for the lack of sleep* had that today, probably got in about five hours overall thanks to my phone continously going off. Don't these people know I work nights??!!

Life OT:

So, as you are all aware () I'm really not enjoying my job i.e. life at the moment. I'm looking to actually use my degree and find somewhere where I can do a media PGCE to become a teacher (yay!) but really struggling in terms of school experience. It just seems so difficult these days to get any experience in secondary schools, bizarrely its a lot easier in primary schools! I was wondering if any of you (UK woohoos or otherwise) had any advice, it's really the only thing I am lacking but is obviously quite important .

Thanks guys

Comment

*Still kissing Jack from art thread*

Morning, Woohoos!

*goes back to kissing Jack*
                            sigpic

Comment

Morning! I'm so into the days of TBTB that is soo cool! and a good excuse to rewatch episodes!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

*flops in* Ugh, can it be Christmas yet please? I just want to stop work, but I'm not finished until the 23rd Though then I'm not back until the 4th - yay for universities that completely shut down over Christmas

Also can it be Martinmas yet please too? It's sounding like it's shaping up to be awesome

Sarai, schools OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                Not sure I can help much, other than perseverence, but I can think of two things that might be helpful. One is that I have a friend who is a teacher in a secondary school in Chesterfield, so I could ask her if she might be able to help you. Don't know whether Chesterfield is too far from you though Or she might have some contacts in other schools in Yorkshire - she did her PCGE at Sheffield Uni, so I'm happy to put you in touch if that would be useful. The other is that I know the librarian at the Education Library here quite well, which is where the PCGE course is run here - she might be a useful person for advice too. PM me if any of that sounds useful
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X