X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((((((((WooHoos)))))))))) for being so awesomely understanding

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    (((Jumble)))

I can't say I know how you feel but you can be assured that I and everyone on this thread is here for you whether you want to laugh or cry or rant.

I was thinking of you today because I received my e-mail about the SE. Now that I've read your reaction to the Sanctuary DVDs, which is understandable, I worry the e-mail will give you a similar reaction. I do hope you still plan to come, especially since that will be my chance to give you a real hug.
    I did feel a bit weird when I saw the e-mail But I decided now isn't the time to make a decision so I'm just going to sit on it for a few days. And I need to talk to Sarai about it too.

And I will admit to my usual How dare you? reaction when I saw this from jckfan55

Listened to the commentary for the opening episode. I hope they

Spoiler:
    don't talk so much about all the CG/green screen for all the episodes. I was getting kind of sick of "this is real, this is not." I always prefer comments on performances or story issues. I also think MW needs a tranquilizer.
    so I'm guessing I'll get over my 'anti' feelings at some point.

I'm just an emotional wreck atm

Comment

Oh Jumble ((((Jumble))))

I think everyone has already said it really. There's no sense in anything right now. Having a focus for your pain in anger at something is just... one way to channel things to stop yourself being overwhelmed by it. I know it makes no sense but don't expect it to for a while yet, if ever. Just do what you need to do and be who you need to be. People will understand and you don't need to explain anything - to us or yourself.
      You know I was going through some fairly traumatic stuff a few years back - I touched on it when at yours and you noticed I deftly avoided at the time because, even after all this time it hurts. I did some really stupid things back then; I mean quite self destructive; I didn't really want to hurt myself I just didn't think I could live with the pain. I didn't want to live with the pain. Nobody in my real life really got it - they couldn't really given how personal and private my loss was, and I am a fairly private person in RL anyway - but I had a journal to vent in and some on line friends who did "get it" for various reasons and who became the ones who helped. They just listened and hugged and nodded and felt with me and it... helped. I can't even say why but knowing people out there felt for me just...I won't say it made it all better but it helped.
      I'll share with you one of my journal entries from way back then; not so much for what I wrote (which was just the tip of the iceberg) but for what my friend wrote in response, since it pretty much says it all (Warning it does contain a lot of sweary marys and innapropriate humour, for which I apologise but, hmm, I really, really needed the outlet at the time).
      http://www.blurty.com/talkread.bml?j...y&itemid=54353

(((Woohoos)))

(((PTB)))

I'm knackered today. I have spent half the day hosting my son's first "date". He's decided his cousin is his "girlfriend" (not that she knew) and we had her over for dinner - mostly to give her mum and new baby a break. Afterwards they got naked and had a bath together then played mummies and daddies and she asked to sleep over. Shocking! And she's twice his age! Then again he's only 2!

P.S. At what age do children stop asking "Why" and, what on earth compelled me to answer the question "why are liquids runny?" with a sentence that started with the following... "Well, you see there are four accepted states of matter, but if you include fermionic condensate..."
      For a 4 year old? Big mistake. Huge!
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that Cags.

It's interesting what you've hit on there about talking to people online. I think my problem with having people around me atm is that I can't bear to see their eyes. Pity, pain, tears, I just don't want to see it. And I really hate anyone seeing me with my puffy eyes and haggard face And I don't want to see other people's shock when I throw things and curse, or their helplessness because they just don't know what to do about me. I've even screamed at my closest friend to **** off and leave me alone And then felt guilty, which I also don't need.

It's different on here in as much as I can't see faces. Obviously I know how upset everyone here is, and I really appreciate all the support you're all giving me, but I can come and go here, it's not like being in a room with a person and just wishing I could get away. I can get away without offending anyone and then come back when I feel I can.

And I'm tempted to say what a selfish cow that makes me, but since you all keep telling me I should just do what I can cope with, I guess I shouldn't say that

*huggles WooHoos*

Edit: And kids never stop asking 'Why?' or 'Why not?' or 'When?'

Edit: Um, didn't someone promise distraction? I've seen no pics for aaaaaaages...................

Comment

Thanks Jumble... so 20 years of what and why? Oh lordy help me, I'll take hostages before then.

You friend probably gets it.

Umm, ok now you see, I got myself in a tizz now because I started reading my old journal and it's all kind of scary to see the person I was then. Was that really me? God I was in so much pain. *backs slowly away from that nononono...denial... never happened to me* (not like I don't still have issues then. )

Anyway, I shall go a-hunting pics in a moment (probably snurched from your very own PB actually... heh) but for now have a little listen since it sums up what we are all (at least me and I think everyone here) is thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfy7Dxy57aE

(The song is actually a woman singing to her depressed lover about her hoplessness at helping him but it fits perfectly well with how it feels to see someone you care for in pain).

*thinks tomorrow I will lay off the wine.*
          Last edited by Cagranosalis; 23 September 2009, 03:18 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Shorts!

My favourite pic:

(well one of! )

My my, what big eyes you have:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Thanks Jumble... so 20 years of what and why? Oh lordy help me, I'll take hostages before then.
              No, I said they never stop asking
              You friend probably gets it.
              She does, but that doesn't excuse it.

Umm, ok now you see, I got myself in a tizz now because I started reading my old journal and it's all kind of scary to see the person I was then. Was that really me? God I was in so much pain. *backs slowly away from that nononono...denial... never happened to me* (not like I don't still have issues then. )

Anyway, I shall go a-hunting pics in a moment (probably snurched from your very own PB actually... heh) but for now have a little listen since it sums up what we are all (at least me and I think everyone here) is thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfy7Dxy57aE

(The song is actually a woman singing to her depressed lover about her hoplessness at helping him but it fits perfectly well with how it feels to see someone you care for in pain).

*thinks tomorrow I will lay off the wine.*
              I hope you realise you now have a very soggy shoulder.

(((((Cags)))))

I must got to bed, hopefully to sleep better than last night

(((((WooHoos)))))
              Last edited by Jumble; 24 September 2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

More you say?

Hell yeah!

Handthunk Martin:

MW: OMG! Is that Cags thunking me?

I thought she said I look like her brother?

Legs again!

Last one before bed:

Jumble you have THE BEST PB account ever.

Nunite Woohoos.
                sigpic

Comment

Lest you all tire of my one and only Martin pictue, I'll just say that I'm finding MW's Sanctuary commentary quite enjoyable. And...he actually keeps on topic, whereas DK tends to get a little, well...distracted.

Although hearing Martin say "To err is human...to arrrrrrrr is pirate" is something that will probably stay with me the rest of my life.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                    Lest you all tire of my one and only Martin pictue, I'll just say that I'm finding MW's Sanctuary commentary quite enjoyable. And...he actually keeps on topic, whereas DK tends to get a little, well...distracted.

Although hearing Martin say "To err is human...to arrrrrrrr is pirate" is something that will probably stay with me the rest of my life....
                    Okay I so have to hear that! Is that on the Sanctuary DVD's?

*face palm* I need to stop seeing meanings in things, had to visit a museum today and write a report and somehow I managed to connect it to life and the changes that we go through, it's a painting FCOL!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I bought Sanctuary DVDs yesterday, WEE HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

*huggles Woohoos*
                      sigpic

Comment

(((((Cags)))))
                        (((((Jumble)))))

Martin pictures you say...

sigpic

Comment

Although hearing Martin say "To err is human...to arrrrrrrr is pirate" is something that will probably stay with me the rest of my life.....
                          Ok, now you've got my attention! Which ep is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

*face palm* I need to stop seeing meanings in things, had to visit a museum today and write a report and somehow I managed to connect it to life and the changes that we go through, it's a painting FCOL!
                            *giggles* But that's what we do!

At least you didn't connect it to SG-1 in your report

I see I'm gonna have to declare my allegiance to PDL around here, since no-one else seems to appreciate his awesomesillyness. And since he's so hot now, I can enjoy even more shallowness by thunking regularly too See, look!

Awesomelysilly

Thunkage

And for deeper moments......he does the director thing too! Big lens and Blocking

Now if I can just find the file where I put the PDL smilies Jumble made for me, I'd be set

Edit: Btw, did I mention he wrote the first ep of SG-1 I ever saw?
                            sigpic

Comment

I so need to hear that! It would make a lovely soundbite, methinks.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

Ah but that's the point of art! Although sometimes... when I was younger my best friend and I had to go up to the Tate Modern for part of our Art a level. We stood in front of this massive canvas that consister of one large red blob of paint and one large purple stripe and we waxed lyrical about subjectionist artistic juxtapoitions, and the meaning and essence of the artist's deep abiding sense of blah blah etc. for....oh about an hour... just to take the pee out of it (since it was a ridiculous thing to call art IMO and we could both have knocked something like that up in about ten minutes), and then we wandered off to stare at a pile of bricks and repeat the process. I quite like some modern art but some of the stuff in the Tate is just silly. Give me the Lourve in Paris any day. Now that really was something to make my jaw drop. That and the topless snake charmer at the Moulin Rouge but I digress.

Morning Woohoos!

((((Woohoos))))

((((PTB))))

Oma! Indeed they are fine pictures and methinks PDL is rather neglected around here. He does all the second best episodes after all.
                              sigpic

Comment

*splutters* Second best?

*glares at Cags*

*pfftbfffpbttttt!*

*takes deep breath*

I refuse to be drawn into a meaningless debate with you Cags.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X