No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about Angels? Right now, I want to be an avenging Angel, wreaking havoc on the rumor-mongers and temper-tantrum-throwers. I have yet to find another group of PTBs (except maybe Sanctuary) that are as open and accessible to the fans as the Stargate PTB. Seriously. And all they get in return is kicked in the teeth for producing a GREAT!!!!! franchise for 15 years! UGH! Joe's blog upset me so much tonight, because he is obviously very upset about this. Can you imagine total strangers saying awful things about people you work with, admire and like?

*sputters*

I must find my happy place.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmallozzi.....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmalloz zi...
    sigpic

Comment

(((((LJ))))) ((((((((((Joe)))))))))) ((((((((((Brad)))))))))

This whole thing is so out of hand, so mean spirited, it makes me almost ashamed to call myself a fan

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        (((((LJ))))) ((((((((((Joe)))))))))) ((((((((((Brad)))))))))

This whole thing is so out of hand, so mean spirited, it makes me almost ashamed to call myself a fan
        No, no! We are not to be ashamed! Be ashamed of the negative ones, if you must, but don't let them take the joy out of being a part of fandom! I am over being irked and have decided to just enjoy being a part of the SG world! I love the PTB, I love my friends here, and I love the franchise. I think it's going in great new directions and that excites me! Let's not allow the negative people the satisfaction of knowing they bummed us out. Really. I'm over it. I'm over them. I'm a happy Woohoo.

(((JUMBLE))) Wood morning, Jumble! I hope you're feeling better today!

EDIT: And now I am SOOOO tired! Wood night!
        Last edited by Luvnjoe; 20 August 2009, 10:29 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          No, no! We are not to be ashamed! Be ashamed of the negative ones, if you must, but don't let them take the joy out of being a part of fandom! I am over being irked and have decided to just enjoy being a part of the SG world! I love the PTB, I love my friends here, and I love the franchise. I think it's going in great new directions and that excites me! Let's not allow the negative people the satisfaction of knowing they bummed us out. Really. I'm over it. I'm over them. I'm a happy Woohoo.

(((JUMBLE))) Wood morning, Jumble! I hope you're feeling better today!
          I guess I meant I'm ashamed to include myself in the same fandom as those that treat OBPTB so badly

And honestly, I don't understand what they're saying about Brad It's like they're looking at a totally different person to the one I see. He's a nice guy!

We've seen over and over again the bond between the people that created SG1 and SGA, and now through Joe we're seeing the same kind of thing developing with SGU. You can't tell me that the man at the helm of the whole franchise is a bad person, it just doesn't work

And as for Joe, words fail me It's not part of his job to to give us his wonderful blog every day. He doesn't have any obligation to answer our questions (repeatedly ), and I for one woodn't blame him for completely ignoring all the negative snark that he gets. But he doesn't, he deals with it all with the patience and flair of a truly dedicated professional who loves his work and cares about the fans.

I have nothing but admiration for the way he's done that, and I hope he gets his movie made for his own satisfaction more than anything else

Comment

Bringing this over from the Sanctuary Discussion thread.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            The Geek Syndicate interview with Damian Kindler is now available on their site http://geeksyndicate.wordpress.com/2...amian-kindler/
            Last edited by Jumble; 21 August 2009, 12:57 AM.

Comment

*stumbles in*

(((((((Joe))))))) ((((((((Brad))))))))

Fandom can suck sometimes .

*goes back to lurking*

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                *stumbles in*

*goes back to lurking*
                Yup

But like LJ said, we shouldn't let the naysayers and offensive twits spoil it for us

Comment

*falls in*

Cleaned up everything today...we are leaving tomorrow morning! (Yay) ...it's a fact that I've had enough vacation for a year...or so Can't wait to go home!

I do have to mention that while we were eating in a restaurant on Wednesday I got a very good looking waiter in a white shirt who looked exactly like Martin Wood...darn thing was that I didn't have my camera with me..otherwise I wood have taken some pictures of him! but that was good to see!

Yay for seeing that LJ is still with Joe...that's good!
                  Jos no WW watching for me...I'm currently working on SG1 again(with dad) we already saw three seasons of BSG(during the bad weather days in here and I don't have S4 on DVD) ...but5 dad says that SG is WAY! better than BSG(but then again I only showed him some S4 episodes directed by a certain person )
                  sigpic

Comment

(((((OBPTB))))))

I feel bad for Joe He doesn't have to read our comments and answer questions but he does anyway. And for that he gets criticized and all this other crap. I really hope he keeps writing his blog though ((Joe))

And sure I may not like where they're taking SGU but I'm going to at least watch it, because how can anyone have any opinion on it if they haven't watched it? That's what blows my mind is how many people are like "I hate this, blah blah blah" when they haven't seen it. At least give it a chance.

*grumbles*

Yay for coming home Jann!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*puts hand up*

Maybe it sounds silly...but what comments?!?!? On another thread or so? Coz I haven't read anything

*huggles OBPTB anyways coz she loves huggling*

And Amanda indeed yay for coming home...we think that we arrive home sunday evening...
                      sigpic

Comment

Just a quick comment on the criticism of TPTB. I don't agree with every decision they make BUT it is their show. They are the ones who created and wrote it. No one is more caring and passionate about it than they are, it's their "baby". Regardless of the fact we disagree from time to time I am grateful to them for having created a show I care about so much. As I've said before, I don't watch a lot of TV and I have never been involved in any fandom until SG1 (and now Sanctuary). They must be doing something right to make me care so much.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Morning, Woohoos. Won't be on much today. I have a writing deadline to meet. And camping gear to clean to put away.
                          sigpic

Comment

Jann check out Joe's blog

Amanda and EH-T, I totally agree.

I've said it before, OBPTB are not perfect, they've made what some of us wood consider to be mistakes and bad judgements, but they don't deserve the treatment they've had from some quarters. They've given us the best SciFi shows ever IMO, and for that I am very grateful

Comment

*waves at guest...hopes they're a PTB*

Yeah, imagine having an online community picking at all the decisions you make at your job. Ugh! I wood be a very depressed Assistant Copy Editor.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                                *stumbles in*

*goes back to lurking*
                                ^^^ What she said

Except for the lurking part
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment