No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was the first time I've seen his wife! She's pretty! And he looks handsome as heck in the suit and tie!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      ((((Jumbly and Jo and kids))))

That is so horrible!! And those poor kids to have to see that! Glad to see there wasn't anything broken...that's semi good at least

There really should be better domestic laws put in place, but it's the same thing over here as well They need tougher laws for things like that! Like a slap on the wrist is going to do anything

My Mom works at our local county count house and she sees all the time repeated things like that and all they ever get our fines and then they go and do it all over again !
      Thanks for the hugs.

Things are a lot better than they used to be, at least now the police take domestic violence seriously and actively encourage people to press charges. Twenty years ago (yes, it happened to me) they used to try their best to persuade women not to press charges

Comment

*joins in group hug and expressions of fury for Jumble and Jo and the boys*
        What an awful thing to happen, and thank god Jo wasn't hurt any worse! I agree with everyone else, what an utter *******

Enjoy that wine tonight, watch your Martinvid, and just remember, only just over 24 hours to go to the Shipmeet!!! We'll do our best to cheer you up
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Wish I could stay for the drunken posting over the weekend, but it's time for me to go camping.

Hey, more stuff to feed the group hug!
          Spoiler:

My sis and her boys are coming along camping with us, last minute. Needed a break from the emotionally abusive husband she's about to leave. He tries, but it just ain't cutting it anymore. *wishing RL would give me a break*

Love you all!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            *joins in group hug and expressions of fury for Jumble and Jo and the boys*
            What an awful thing to happen, and thank god Jo wasn't hurt any worse! I agree with everyone else, what an utter *******

Enjoy that wine tonight, watch your Martinvid, and just remember, only just over 24 hours to go to the Shipmeet!!! We'll do our best to cheer you up
            I'll be honest Josi, it's only that that's keeping me sane atm. I sooo need a lift right now.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            Wish I could stay for the drunken posting over the weekend, but it's time for me to go camping.

Hey, more stuff to feed the group hug!
            Spoiler:

My sis and her boys are coming along camping with us, last minute. Needed a break from the emotionally abusive husband she's about to leave. He tries, but it just ain't cutting it anymore.
            *wishing RL would give me a break*

Love you all!
            I'm so with you there *hugs LJ*

Sorry Worst day I've had in a long time.

And just to redress the balance a little, I have a friend who suffered serious mental and physical abuse from his wife. And believe me, he doesn't get much sympathy from anyone

Comment

*hugs LJ too* The world really sucks sometimes

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              I'll be honest Josi, it's only that that's keeping me sane atm. I sooo need a lift right now.
              Aww ((((Jumble)))). We'll have a fab weekend full of lots of fun and wine and giggles and shippiness and Martinthunk and it'll make you feel lots better. It won't fix things, of course, but hopefully it'll take your mind off it all for a bit at least
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs LJ*

And just to redress the balance a little, I have a friend who suffered serious mental and physical abuse from his wife. And believe me, he doesn't get much sympathy from anyone
                It's double standards. People don't believe that a woman can abuse a man since the supposed superior physical strength of men... or something like that. Everyone can be a victim, the gender doesn't matter.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  It's double standards. People don't believe that a woman can abuse a man since the supposed superior physical strength of men... or something like that. Everyone can be a victim, the gender doesn't matter.
                  Yeah, it's weird like that... It's stupid.
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs LJ too* The world really sucks sometimes

Aww ((((Jumble)))). We'll have a fab weekend full of lots of fun and wine and giggles and shippiness and Martinthunk and it'll make you feel lots better. It won't fix things, of course, but hopefully it'll take your mind off it all for a bit at least
                    We will, and it'll help a lot

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    *hugs LJ*

True. And I think men are so much worse off in this situation because they're thought of as wimps, when really they're as much of a victim as a woman in the same situation.

So now I feel better.

I've drunk a bottle of wine, more than that in fact, and watched Emmerdale (poor Lexi) and watched my Martin vid at least ten times........ and cried my eyes out for an hour or so..........

Sometimes this rigid self-control/strength thing that I've developed isn't such a good thing. A good cry lets it all out and cleanses the soul.

And I've had the mum of the little ones that left me today on the phone also blubbing

I've also talked to Michael, my darling angel. He's always so calm and caring. Makes me wonder why I don't just grab that ring and run off with him into the happy future that he's offering

On a lighter note, I showed Cags' Martin vid to Lee and Joel last night, and they were literally rolling on the floor laughing at the 'So excited' bit from Martin
                    Last edited by Jumble; 13 August 2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

That all sounds very sensible and I'm glad you feel better for it. You're right, sometimes having a good cry is the best thing, and three cheers for Michael and wine

I've been checking on the journey, and packing clothes, and am getting very excited now See you tomorrow!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Totally agree about the good cry part Jumble

((Jumble and LJ and any other woohoo that's hurting at the Moment))

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

That all sounds very sensible and I'm glad you feel better for it. You're right, sometimes having a good cry is the best thing, and three cheers for Michael and wine

I've been checking on the journey, and packing clothes, and am getting very excited now See you tomorrow!!!
                          *bounces* WooHoood! Less than 24 hours to go!

Comment

Totally agree about the good cry part Jumble

((Jumble and LJ and any other woohoo that's hurting at the Moment))
                            *huggles Amanda* I really don't know how I wood get through all this stuff without the hugs and support from all you lovely people

Comment

*huggles Amanda* I really don't know how I wood get through all this stuff without the hugs and support from all you lovely people
                              That's why we're here

shhh I know we're here for Sam and Jack, Martin, and the occasional thunkage but just go with it

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

That's why we're here

shhh I know we're here for Sam and Jack, Martin, and the occasional thunkage but just go with it
                                We are? Aww, crap I didn't realise...

I came here for the good times, the fun, the love and the sharing.

((((huggles all Woohoos))))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X