The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    Personally...I'm not even sure a love like that exists I don't believe in love but hey the concept is good
    Oh it exists. It's just a question of finding it

I believe I have it with Michael, but my problem is that I've been cheated on, controlled and mistreated so many times that I expect things to go wrong, and in doing that I make them go wrong A sort of control thing ie 'this is bound to go wrong, and since I want to be in control, I'll make it go wrong so I can feel in control..' I know it's stupid, but after spending most of my life in fear I tend to slam the door just in case

I do know people who have the kind of deep and enduring love that we wood all aspire to, so I know it can be done.

You're too young to say you don't believe in love......... and I'm too drunk to type two words without having to backspace and correct

I should go to bed And yes, I'll take my virtual Martin with me safe in the knowlege that his wife won't give a damn, because she has the real one

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Oh it exists. It's just a question of finding it

I believe I have it with Michael, but my problem is that I've been cheated on, controlled and mistreated so many times that I expect things to go wrong, and in doing that I make them go wrong A sort of control thing ie 'this is bound to go wrong, and since I want to be in control, I'll make it go wrong so I can feel in control..' I know it's stupid, but after spending most of my life in fear I tend to slam the door just in case

I do know people who have the kind of deep and enduring love that we wood all aspire to, so I know it can be done.

You're too young to say you don't believe in love
      ......... and I'm too drunk to type two words without having to backspace and correct

I should go to bed And yes, I'll take my virtual Martin with me safe in the knowlege that his wife won't give a damn, because she has the real one
      Love OT-
      Spoiler:
      To me it just doesn't exist. I haven't seen it in my parents, I haven't seen it in my grandparents, in my opinion it's just a fantasy that we make up for ourselves. An evolutionary fantasy that makes us thing 'oh we have to find someone', a way to continue the species. To me, it's an illusion.

I don't think it's because I'm too young, I'm very rational in my beliefs. And I haven't seen any indication or evidence that it's real.

*ends rant* sorry just MHO

to stay on topic- TPTB are awesome!!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*squees at love talk*

*squees at Jumble going to visit Martin*

*shakes head at own sorry love life and lack of seeing Martin*

*huggles woohoos*

Love you all!!!!!!!! x 14!
        sigpic

Comment

*realizes sge's alone in the thread* mwa ha ha

*happy dances nekkid to "Let's twist again"*
          sigpic

Comment

Love OT:

Spoiler:
            Oh, I've seen it with my parents! 45 years! And I have that deep, abiding love with my husband of 10 years! That isn't to say we don't have to work at our marriages, or work at staying in love (cuz sometimes, he drives me bonkers! And I know my parents can drive each other crazy, too!), that is to say we love each other enough to work at it. We know it's worth it. I think, in our society, love is made out to be this blissful state of being; sometimes, it feels blissful, but it isn't that way all the time. Like life in general, there are ups and downs; good times and bad.

I. Adore. My. Husband. There is no one on this planet I love more than my husband, no one I trust more. He's the man I laugh with, cry with, and kiss passionately every chance I get! I can't imagine coping with my mother's cancer without this compassionate man at my side! I'd be sunk if I had to go it alone (and that ain't evolution speaking--that's me knowing myself well enough to know I need those broad shoulders to cry on). I accept his baggage and put up with his crap because that's life; life is a mixed bag, people are a mixed bag. None of us are perfect. But, if we're lucky, we find the person who is perfect for us.

I hope you don't give up on love. It's real. It's great. It's hard work. And it is totally worth it.

/rant

Oh, I'm sure OBPTB's wives are very secure in their relationships! You have to kind of expect some fangirling when you have a partner in a visible job (like being a PTB of a hugely popular sci-fi series...or two). Like jumble said, I'm sure they laugh it off and welcome their hubbies home with open arms!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              Love OT:

Spoiler:
              Oh, I've seen it with my parents! 45 years! And I have that deep, abiding love with my husband of 10 years! That isn't to say we don't have to work at our marriages, or work at staying in love (cuz sometimes, he drives me bonkers! And I know my parents can drive each other crazy, too!), that is to say we love each other enough to work at it. We know it's worth it. I think, in our society, love is made out to be this blissful state of being; sometimes, it feels blissful, but it isn't that way all the time. Like life in general, there are ups and downs; good times and bad.

I. Adore. My. Husband. There is no one on this planet I love more than my husband, no one I trust more. He's the man I laugh with, cry with, and kiss passionately every chance I get! I can't imagine coping with my mother's cancer without this compassionate man at my side! I'd be sunk if I had to go it alone (and that ain't evolution speaking--that's me knowing myself well enough to know I need those broad shoulders to cry on). I accept his baggage and put up with his crap because that's life; life is a mixed bag, people are a mixed bag. None of us are perfect. But, if we're lucky, we find the person who is perfect for us.

I hope you don't give up on love. It's real. It's great. It's hard work. And it is totally worth it.

/rant

Oh, I'm sure OBPTB's wives are very secure in their relationships! You have to kind of expect some fangirling when you have a partner in a visible job (like being a PTB of a hugely popular sci-fi series...or two). Like jumble said, I'm sure they laugh it off and welcome their hubbies home with open arms!
              OT love:
              Spoiler:
              My great grandparents were married for 65 years, I never saw it there, friendship yes but never anything special. My parents have been married for 27 years, I haven't really seen it there either.

To me I consider us to be more like animals, that biological need to reproduce. So we create this thing and we call it "love" when all it is, is a biological need to find someone to reproduce with. *shrugs* Maybe I've seen one to many marriages end in divorce, or one too many woman under a mans control. All I know is I will never, ever let that happen to me. Ever.

And maybe occasionally it is out there, I've never seen it before. But I highly doubt that it's out there. Just MHO.

To me science and math is what I can base my believes on, things that have evidence and I can actually see. Things that have substance and are based on logic and not on trivial emotions.

Okay sorry guys enough with the rant...needed to vent...I really hope I didn't offend anyone

Just my beliefs....I'm such a cynic...should have been a vulcan

to stay on topic-

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

OT love:
                Spoiler:
                My great grandparents were married for 65 years, I never saw it there, friendship yes but never anything special. My parents have been married for 27 years, I haven't really seen it there either.

To me I consider us to be more like animals, that biological need to reproduce. So we create this thing and we call it "love" when all it is, is a biological need to find someone to reproduce with. *shrugs* Maybe I've seen one to many marriages end in divorce, or one too many woman under a mans control. All I know is I will never, ever let that happen to me. Ever.

And maybe occasionally it is out there, I've never seen it before. But I highly doubt that it's out there. Just MHO.

To me science and math is what I can base my believes on, things that have evidence and I can actually see. Things that have substance and are based on logic and not on trivial emotions.

Okay sorry guys enough with the rant...needed to vent...I really hope I didn't offend anyone

Just my beliefs....I'm such a cynic...should have been a vulcan

to stay on topic-
                http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...artinwood2.jpg
                More OT:
                Spoiler:

LOL! If it was a need to reproduce, I would have never gotten married! I CAN'T reproduce and have known that from a very young age (younger than you are). And, frankly, I have never (EVER!) felt the need to have biological children.

Well, never falling in love sounds (to me) like a sad way to live life, but whatever floats your boat. That's the wonderful thing about life: We all get to live it as we see fit!

And I should be working on my rewrite, not playing on GW! *runz off*
                sigpic

Comment

More OT

Spoiler:
                  I think I agree on both sides of this debate. I agree that love is something we create to fuel reproduction and all that, and I often try to rationalize away things like monogomy, but whether it is inate in me, or whether it is due to social conditioning, I really do want to be in love and in a relationship, even though I kinda agree with Regularamanda. Hah - way to be a fence sitter

And...you know, to be back on topic...

sigpic

Comment

*staggers in holding sore head* *frowns at empty wine bottles*

*re-reads email to make sure it wasn't just another dream*

*squees quietly* Hey, I'm hungover. It'll be hours before I can do loud.....

Wow, what did I start with my drunken philosophizing? Discussion? Here?

Love OT-
                    Spoiler:
                    To me it just doesn't exist. I haven't seen it in my parents, I haven't seen it in my grandparents, in my opinion it's just a fantasy that we make up for ourselves. An evolutionary fantasy that makes us thing 'oh we have to find someone', a way to continue the species. To me, it's an illusion.

I don't think it's because I'm too young, I'm very rational in my beliefs. And I haven't seen any indication or evidence that it's real.

*ends rant* sorry just MHO

to stay on topic- TPTB are awesome!!!
                    Ah, I see now. You haven't witnessed long-term love with bells and whistles, so you think love doesn't exist

Ever noticed how 'romantic' stories end with 'and they lived happily ever after' following an intense and heady description of how the pair concerned finally beat the odds and overcame enormous obstacles in order to be together? What they don't tell you is that 'happy ever after' only happens if their bond is strong enough to sustain them through all the ups and downs of daily life, or that the heady high and passion of falling in love evolves into a deep and abiding friendship and mutual respect which does have to be worked at in order to keep it going. Or that one's interest in love-making tends to ebb and flow rather than continue at the same euphoric level forever. There's a huge difference between loving someone and being iin love with them. You need both for the relationship to survive, and that's the thing that's hard to find

Anyone that knows me wood tell you that I'm the least romantic person alive, that I've always scoffed at the Mills & Boon type of stuff. And yet, here I am happily ensconced in a relationship I never believed I wood ever have

Love OT:

Spoiler:

I. Adore. My. Husband. There is no one on this planet I love more than my husband, no one I trust more. He's the man I laugh with, cry with, and kiss passionately every chance I get! I can't imagine coping with my mother's cancer without this compassionate man at my side! I'd be sunk if I had to go it alone (and that ain't evolution speaking--that's me knowing myself well enough to know I need those broad shoulders to cry on). I accept his baggage and put up with his crap because that's life; life is a mixed bag, people are a mixed bag.
                    None of us are perfect. But, if we're lucky, we find the person who is perfect for us.

/rant
                    Er, yeah, you said much more coherently than I did Must be the writer in you

I'm sure they do And don't forget, they've lived through the gradual rise to success and fame, coped with the long working hours and absences. That's love

More OT:
                    Spoiler:

LOL! If it was a need to reproduce, I would have never gotten married! I CAN'T reproduce and have known that from a very young age (younger than you are). And, frankly, I have never (EVER!) felt the need to have biological children.

Well, never falling in love sounds (to me) like a sad way to live life, but whatever floats your boat. That's the wonderful thing about life: We all get to live it as we see fit!

And I should be working on my rewrite, not playing on GW! *runz off*
                    I think the 'need to reproduce' is an in-built survival of the species thing for most of us, but I'm not sure that it really bears on the need to love and be loved. That to me is an entirely different thing.

Comment

Well, time for me to toddle off to bed. Jumble, I hope you aren't too hung over! If I had any hangover remedies, I'd share 'em, but I got nuthin'. See you all in several hours!

EDIT: Aw! Look how cute Joe is, smiling at me from my sig! Good night, Joe!
                      sigpic

Comment

*bounces in*
                        *waves manically*
                        I'M BAAACK!!!!!
                        *huggles everyone*

How is everyone and everything? Any news to report? It might take me a while to catch up on everything, especially as I'm off to Chicago tomorrow () so if I missed anything big tell me tell me

*huggles everyone again*
                        *runs out to go say hi to the other threads*

*runs back in*
                        Oh oh I have to post this here straightaway, the pic from the Woohoomeet Down Under (hope Bekki told you we had lots of fun and it was awesome to meet!)

I will most more photos and stuff in the lounge later today when I get round to sorting them a little

*really runs out now*
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Woodnight LJ *waves*

I think I might go back to bed............ what the heck was I doing up that early anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            *bounces in*
                            *waves manically*
                            I'M BAAACK!!!!!
                            *huggles everyone*

How is everyone and everything? Any news to report? It might take me a while to catch up on everything, especially as I'm off to Chicago tomorrow () so if I missed anything big tell me tell me

*huggles everyone again*
                            *runs out to go say hi to the other threads*

*runs back in*
                            Oh oh I have to post this here straightaway, the pic from the Woohoomeet Down Under (hope Bekki told you we had lots of fun and it was awesome to meet!)

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...t/P1000970.jpg

I will most more photos and stuff in the lounge later today when I get round to sorting them a little

*really runs out now*
                            *hugs Josiane* Welcome back

Did you see we got our tickets? *happy dance*

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              *hugs Josiane* Welcome back

Did you see we got our tickets? *happy dance*
                              We did?? Yay! Now I need to work out if I can actually go... *crosses fingers*

I bet you've been bouncing off the ceiling since you found out! ((((Jumble)))))
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                We did?? Yay! Now I need to work out if I can actually go... *crosses fingers*
                                Oh I so hope you can. I need someone to get me on the right plane and keep my feet firmly on the ground once it lands

I bet you've been bouncing off the ceiling since you found out! ((((Jumble)))))
                                Oh yes, still bouncing despite a major hangover from celebrating just a little too much

I texted you last night......... at least I think I did.........

I had the check the email again this morning to make sure I hadn't dreamt it

Comment

Working...
                                X