Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're interested in doing something on the new Stargate audio series, drop me a line...

Out Now:
    Stargate Universe: Air, Stargate Atlantis: Nightfall, Stargate SG-1: Relativity and Stargate Atlantis: Halcyon (from Fandemonium Books)
    Stargate SG-1: Half Life, Stargate SG-1: First Prime, Stargate Atlantis: Zero Point and Stargate SG-1: Shell Game (from Big Finish Productions)
    "Outsiders" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #20), "Choices" (Stargate: The Official Magazine #10)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Twitter

Comment

Thanks, Jim. See your PMs

Comment

The 'Window of Opportunity' podcast is awesome.
        Thanks David and Diana for your wonderful insights to the episode and exploring the Groundhog Day loop!

Comment

Hello, I agree with duffarama but I have a question. When can we get more? The next episode should be up on 3th of october if I'm correct. But it's already november and there is still no new Gateworld podcast.
          Today, it is difficult to be a jerk. Competition is too big!

Comment

In the last podcast there was some mention of emails between Diana and another author that were intended to be a conversation between the SG-1 and SGA teams. Anyone know where those are online or if the even are online? They sound like fun reading.

Comment

Hi Lightsyder!

Here's the links for the SGA/SG-1 correspondence:

Start here with Melissa Scott's 1st round of SGA emails:
              http://mescott.livejournal.com/26013.html

Then, go to my 1st round of SG-1 email responses here:
              http://dianabotsford.com/?p=1112

There's then a sidebar correspondence thread between Rodney & Sam (with a little Daniel) that starts here:
              Rodney's email to Sam: http://mescott.livejournal.com/26340.html
              Sam's & Daniel's replies to Rodney: http://dianabotsford.com/?p=1110

Then it's on to ROUND TWO of Sheppard, Dex, O'Neill and the SGC with:
              SGA's Email Chain: http://mescott.livejournal.com/26859.html
              Homeworld Security, the Hammond, and the SGC: http://dianabotsford.com/?p=1121

Have fun and let us know what you think!

--
              Diana Botsford
              http://dianabotsford.com
              +++++++++++++
              Now available: Stargate SG-1 "The Drift"
              Stargate SG-1 "The Four Dragons"

Watch Epilogue the Series
              The more things change...

Twitter: digitalred93
              LiveJournal: http://digitalred93.livejournal.com
              Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/diana.botsford

Comment

Hi all,

sorry I have been off forum for so long, I have been caught up with lots of other things that needed my attention. I was sick last week and used the time to catch up with the most recent podcasts (129, 133, 136-139). Great as always, and please keep them coming as time and commitments permits.

Two of the pods made me sit up in particular. Firstly 133, Celebrating Joel Goldsmith. - I especially loved how as a specific piece of his music was mentioned by someone cin the conversation, that piece would then gently play in the background, a lovely touch.
                The other one was 139 Overstaying Your Welcome pod. A lot of careful analytical thoughts on all of the SGate series and many shows besides, and it was good to see how sometimes changes for the better can potential problems too.

Special callout to Diana - I love the added industry insight you bring to the pods and I'm very pleased you are a regular host alongside David now. (Darren you are still missed, hope you will be back soon!) Many of the comments and insight you provide are bang on to my own perspectives. Thank You! The woerk you all put into these is appreciated.

Those email threads between the SGC, Homeland Security and Atlantis are hilarious. More please!
                Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 20 January 2013, 12:43 PM.
                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Diana,

Those email threads were great! Now I've got more stuff to fit into my SGC timeline...lol! Are you guys planning on doing more of them?

Also, any updates on the novel series you were working on with David? The little bit of info you dropped in an earlier podcast was quite the tease!

Comment

I was listening to the most recent podcast, and you were discussing why people watch scifi movies but not TV shoes. I believe that it may lie in that people are not willing to really get into a scifi TV show on a weekly basis. However, they are willing to watch a Scifi movie because it is a one and done event. Also, when they go to a movie, they are not expecting to have to pay attention to all the details and to have to hold onto that information for 20 more episodes or beyond for a payout. They have to wait at most 3 hours for the payout.

Also, for those that are closet scifi fans, its ok to watch a scifi movie. But if you watch a scifi series on a weekly basis, you become a scifi fan and then you are outed as a scifi fan and become a "nerd".

Comment

Also, on the web series issue: I just saw Continuum the web series. It was very good. I just happened on it while looking for a trailer on youtube for the new season of the Showcase series Continuum (starring Rachel Nichols). I'd recommend it

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses818 View Post
                        I believe that it may lie in that people are not willing to really get into a scifi TV show on a weekly basis. However, they are willing to watch a Scifi movie because it is a one and done event. Also, when they go to a movie, they are not expecting to have to pay attention to all the details and to have to hold onto that information for 20 more episodes or beyond for a payout. They have to wait at most 3 hours for the payout.

Also, for those that are closet scifi fans, its ok to watch a scifi movie. But if you watch a scifi series on a weekly basis, you become a scifi fan and then you are outed as a scifi fan and become a "nerd".

I would have to respectfully disagree with this in part Ramases. I have been able to quietly invest and enjoy in Sci Fi tv series series for years, and although I am quite blatant now about my Sci Fi interests, as a kid I was nervous going to the cinema in case I was branded a nerd for watching Sci Fi films. Also the amount of detail can be spread out in a show like SG1, where as a film either has to drop it, or cram it. I saw The Avengers Assemble for the second time recently and it made far more sense than when I saw it at the cinema. - Friends of mine who love the comics have been frustrated at how the films have squeezed elements to tell their stories.

Could that be a topic of conversation for a future pod? How much of Sci Fi is negative and given an unfair stigma in society, and how much is seen as cool? I find it frustrating that there is this unfair divide in the general public's eyes, not to mention the entertainment industry.
                        Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                        Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I've got a possible podcast topic suggestion.

Maybe evaluate where things are now as opposed to four years ago. We were supposed to get a third SG-1 movie and an Atlantis movie, but were told that the DVD market had crashed, plus MGM was having financial issues. But now, we've seen Arrested Development get resurrected via NETFLIX and a fan funded Veronica Mars movie via Kickstarter. So what chance do fans have at seeing future Stargate projects funded due to these changes that have been happening in the past couple of years? Obviously I know a sci-fi movie is going to cost a little more to to make than Arrested Development and Veronica Mars, but we now know that anything is a possibility.

Just a thought.

Comment

If you guys haven't already, could you maybe do some "History Of" type episodes for the Big Finish audio dramas? The Series 3 full cast audios in particular?

If you already have, which episodes are they? (I just started listening to the podcast, as I've been doing a Stargate All Series rewatch recently and somehow over the last few years totally missed the fact that this podcast existed.)

Comment

Just wanted to let you guys know that I miss the podcast and hope you plan on continuing it. I just started rewatching SG-1 after more than a year without seeing anything stargate and it was like being reintroduced to old friends. I hope all is well with everyone.

Comment

I guess the podcast is dead. Sorry to see it go.

Comment

Working...
                                X