No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone noticed that the Shore Leave site has not been update in awhile? I have a friend that wants to see the flier before they commit to the con.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
      Has anyone noticed that the Shore Leave site has not been update in awhile? I have a friend that wants to see the flier before they commit to the con.
      The webmaster is ready. The flier guy has been pulling double shifts at work. Meanwhile, one of the additional actors provided a photo for the flier that was unusable. It would have looked like a floating face in a sea of darkness. By the time that I could get the new photo over to the flier guy he was back on a double shift.
      Hopefully he'll be able to work on it this weekend so that the site and the flier can list all of the guests at the same time.

Kett

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
        The webmaster is ready. The flier guy has been pulling double shifts at work. Meanwhile, one of the additional actors provided a photo for the flier that was unusable. It would have looked like a floating face in a sea of darkness. By the time that I could get the new photo over to the flier guy he was back on a double shift.
        Hopefully he'll be able to work on it this weekend so that the site and the flier can list all of the guests at the same time.

Kett
        Thanks for the info Kett. I will check the site soon.

Comment

Kett
          Not to mention that he and a half dozen others at the con meeting last week were terribly sick. Mua stayed as far away as possible.. So far so good...

Comment

There's a very good reason that I book actors and Inge Heyer books the writers. I'm not all that well versed (get it?) in the Writers so I leave that to someone else with more knowledge in that area.

If those are non-Media SciFi writers (meaning regular SciFi) then probably not. There is a local convention called Balticon that is the literary SciFi convention. The way that we each keep our identity is by respecting each other's genres. They book SciFi writers and we keep our Writer guests to ones that have published SciFi Media (movie/TV tie-ins).

If those writers do fit that criteria and you'd be interested to see them you should email Inge through our website to give her your suggestions. You can find Inge in our Contacts section on our website.
            http://www.shore-leave.com

Kett
            How about booking Cliff Simon? He's awesome with the fans.
            Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
              Hi, Nice to see you drop in for a visit. I agree about Cliff Simon.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                I would love to get a chance to appreciate Cliff again without the...distraction...of RDA. His sessions at Gatecon were very engaging. He just had to share the stage with several other SG actors.

Comment

Cliff is great with the fans and very entertaining on stage. Love to see him again!
                  sigpic

Comment

I wanna see Cliff!!

Comment

I'm sure Kett will be in here to reply about Cliff any sec now...

any sec now..........

really...any sec now......

any sec...................

I can tell you that as of now what you see is what you are getting

There is the possibilty that an actor may drop out due to conflicting circumstances. Then that actor will be usually replaced. I like Cliff too.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                        Kett....any chance of getting Cliff Simon?
                        He is under consideration. One never knows how other negotiations work out - so there's always a list of "possibles". Cliff's rep was with me just last night and we discussed that very subject.

I wish I had enough budget to afford everyone that I would want -- but then we'd have to charge so much for the convention that few would be able to attend. So -- I just have to get as many as I can afford and keep in mind the ones that we still want to invite in the future.

Kett
                        As you can see, I did request Cliff a long, long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                          As you can see, I did request Cliff a long, long time ago.
                          Yes, and he was on the list of possibles.

There have been many times that I have envied the promoters of shows like Chiller because they can fit in so many more guests than we can. There have been guests that it's taken several years to fit them in even though we adore them. This year we had a lot of "possibles" with Stargate connections.

We always try to cover many different shows, balance younger guests and older guests, and even male guests and female guests. Sometimes a particular guest has to wait awhile longer because the balance that we're looking for requires that I choose someone from a different show - or that we need to add more female guests to even things up - which is kind of what I found happening this year.

Like Maria pointed out, there's always the possibility that we will have someone drop out and then we look back at our "possibles" and try again. Last year I knew in my mind that if I lost Adam Baldwin that I would seek out Jewel Staite. Why her? Well, because she covered Firefly so that the Firefly fans wouldn't be disappointed and also because she was on Atlantis. Besides, I had a lot of male guests and it gave me the opportunity to even things out. While there were a lot of fans that were disappointed that Adam couldn't make it -- there were just as many that were thrilled to have Jewel appear in his place.

Of course I'm hoping that no one drops out because I happen to love the mix that we currently have. Besides, we want to have something to look forward to in the future, don't we?

Kett

Comment

Yes, and he was on the list of possibles.

There have been many times that I have envied the promoters of shows like Chiller because they can fit in so many more guests than we can. There have been guests that it's taken several years to fit them in even though we adore them. This year we had a lot of "possibles" with Stargate connections.

We always try to cover many different shows, balance younger guests and older guests, and even male guests and female guests. Sometimes a particular guest has to wait awhile longer because the balance that we're looking for requires that I choose someone from a different show - or that we need to add more female guests to even things up - which is kind of what I found happening this year.

Like Maria pointed out, there's always the possibility that we will have someone drop out and then we look back at our "possibles" and try again. Last year I knew in my mind that if I lost Adam Baldwin that I would seek out Jewel Staite. Why her? Well, because she covered Firefly so that the Firefly fans wouldn't be disappointed and also because she was on Atlantis. Besides, I had a lot of male guests and it gave me the opportunity to even things out. While there were a lot of fans that were disappointed that Adam couldn't make it -- there were just as many that were thrilled to have Jewel appear in his place.

Of course I'm hoping that no one drops out because I happen to love the mix that we currently have. Besides, we want to have something to look forward to in the future, don't we?

Kett
                            A great woman you put in your female possible list for future is Andee Frizell. You may already have her and she would be a great guest. She is very personable and friendly. For those who don't know she plays all or most of the wraith queens in SGA.
                            sigpic

Comment

The Site is updated. I am going to show it to my friend today. Maybe she'll want to come to the con. If that happens, I'll have someone to hang out with.

Comment

Kett
                                I was one of those both disappointed in losing Adam but thrilled that Jewel was the replacement. I think you do a fantastic job of finding a suitable replacement if a guest has to drop out. I really appreciate it, especially now because I am going to a con this weekend that shall remain nameless. The one and only headliner has dropped out and been replaced with a bunch of one shot guest stars. While I am sure they are all lovely people, its not exactly what I paid for.

I think in the future I will limit my con adventures to Shore Leave and Farpoint. This way I am sure not to be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X