Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
    Yes, and he was on the list of possibles.

There have been many times that I have envied the promoters of shows like Chiller because they can fit in so many more guests than we can. There have been guests that it's taken several years to fit them in even though we adore them. This year we had a lot of "possibles" with Stargate connections.

We always try to cover many different shows, balance younger guests and older guests, and even male guests and female guests. Sometimes a particular guest has to wait awhile longer because the balance that we're looking for requires that I choose someone from a different show - or that we need to add more female guests to even things up - which is kind of what I found happening this year.

Like Maria pointed out, there's always the possibility that we will have someone drop out and then we look back at our "possibles" and try again. Last year I knew in my mind that if I lost Adam Baldwin that I would seek out Jewel Staite. Why her? Well, because she covered Firefly so that the Firefly fans wouldn't be disappointed and also because she was on Atlantis. Besides, I had a lot of male guests and it gave me the opportunity to even things out. While there were a lot of fans that were disappointed that Adam couldn't make it -- there were just as many that were thrilled to have Jewel appear in his place.

Of course I'm hoping that no one drops out because I happen to love the mix that we currently have. Besides, we want to have something to look forward to in the future, don't we?

Kett
    Kett...we're in awe of the talent you are able to assemble on an annual basis.

I, for one, would love to see Amanda return. Maybe with RDA.

Next summer...right around the time the third SG-1 movie comes out.

Dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post

Dreaming...
      i second this dream.. how cool would that be??

and since we are dreaming....... why not include a theater showing of the new movie? regal cinemas is right there.. an early friday or late sunday showing.. or just do the AT/RDA panel at the movie! that would be easy enough for you.. i'm sure you can arrange that right away, considering the great job you've already done for us.. no pressure or anything kett..

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post

Dreaming...
        I am dreaming that too. My mom would pass out if that happens. A showing of the third SG-1 movie would be awesome. Maybe the con could rent one of the theaters at the mall and make it awesome to see it on the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
          I am dreaming that too. My mom would pass out if that happens. A showing of the third SG-1 movie would be awesome. Maybe the con could rent one of the theaters at the mall and make it awesome to see it on the big screen.

Now that is a dream, unless we give up being a fan run con and become corporate. Then we could charge each $250-$300 for a weekend pass.

I wish we could rent a theater but alas, it's beyond us.
          Now maybe we could have it viewed in the video room much like we did for "A Dog's Breakfast" or maybe the main hall like we did before for Atlantis. That would make it much more feasable to do

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
            Now that is a dream, unless we give up being a fan run con and become corporate. Then we could charge each $250-$300 for a weekend pass.

Now maybe we could have it viewed in the video room much like we did for "A Dog's Breakfast" or maybe the main hall like we did before for Atlantis. That would make it much more feasable to do
            That would work. I'll just pack a blanket and happily watch the movie. I froze watching Atlantis. I think that the AC was cranked up the whole way and it was cold as a walk in refrigerator to me. I noticed the Jewel Staite sunk in during the airing of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post

there you have it.. we're watching the third sg1 movie in the main hall with AT and RDA in attendance.. sg1poz just said so..

what? whadya mean thats not what u meant? that's what i heard.. err.. read..

*gonna go hide now before someone revokes my shore-leave membership* lol

Comment

Fainne made me this awesome badge with the Stargate guests for SL 31. I just thought that I would share it with you all. I added text to mine SL 31 and griffindorgirl.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...irlrequest.png

Comment

Fainne made me this awesome badge with the Stargate guests for SL 31. I just thought that I would share it with you all. I added text to mine SL 31 and griffindorgirl.

Great badge
                  sigpic

Comment

That's very nice, griffindorgirl. Fainne does lovely work!

Comment

My photo op check has been cashed. My friend that I showed the guest list can't make it to the con because of her sister's wedding. I am just going to have to have fun without her. I went looking in my con bag for the badge holder that I had last year but couldn't find it. So I am recycling my shore leave badge holder from last year.

Comment

So, Kett, I'm trying to decide about the photo ops. Will it be possible to do one photo op with Jason, Rachel, Robert, and Christopher together? Price?
                        sigpic

Comment

I have a quick question. I can't remember if the registraton staff charges your card before or after sending out confirmation. I'm just checking because I want to make sure that my envelope didn't get lost in the mail.

Christina

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                            So, Kett, I'm trying to decide about the photo ops. Will it be possible to do one photo op with Jason, Rachel, Robert, and Christopher together? Price?
                            From the Registration Form on the website:

Group Photo with Jason Momoa, Rachel Luttrell, Robert Picardo and Christopher Heyerdahl ($75) ______ $_______

Comment

Originally posted by cperrins78 View Post
                              I have a quick question. I can't remember if the registraton staff charges your card before or after sending out confirmation. I'm just checking because I want to make sure that my envelope didn't get lost in the mail.
                              Christina
                              That might depend on the schedules of both Melissa and Maria. Melissa runs all of the charges - but she has to do it around her full-time job and Con Chair responsibilities. Maria works with Melissa on sending out confirmations and can probably help with that part.

My suggestion is for you to email Melissa. She's the one that answers email sent to [email protected]. She can check to see if she has your charge in her stack to be run. Be sure to include in the information about when you sent it as well.

Kett

Comment

Originally posted by Kett1701 View Post
                                From the Registration Form on the website:

Group Photo with Jason Momoa, Rachel Luttrell, Robert Picardo and Christopher Heyerdahl ($75) ______ $_______
                                That's a fair price. Thanks
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X