No announcement yet.

Shore Leave 31 July 10-12,2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm only a little disappointed that PITS can't make it.. i guess i'll have to make due with the rest of the guests who will be there, like i have for the past few years.. lol...

thanks for all of the effort you put into it kett!!!

Comment

I am a little disappointed that PITS isn't coming. But the con will be awesome with any guests. Vacation request is in. The con fund is started. The hotel reservations are made. The pre registration confirm is in a safe place. So I am ready for the con to come. I just want to know who the guest are, so that I can make scrapbook pages for them to sign. It is something that I started doing a few years ago. I have the Atlantis guests sign in the gate. It looks totally awesome. Example
      [IMG]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...l/DSC00613.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

So there is still no guests scheduled? Is this normal?

"Yes Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry!" ~Sheppard
        (one of my favourite lines)

Comment

Originally posted by lacka1986 View Post
          Originally Posted by Kett1701 View Post
          First, I'll add my own Happy Birthday to Nell!
          That's the good news.

The bad news is that PITS passed on our offer. His agent said that the problem wasn't the offer, it was the schedule. There may be something else that PITS needs to do at that time and they'd prefer to say "no" now rather than having to back out at a later date.
          I appreciate that he gave our offer serious consideration. His agent was very nice and responsive. While I wish that the answer had been different, I am grateful that he took us seriously enough to treat us with such respect.

I have already contacted the booking agent for two Atlantis guests that I'm making an offer on. The Agent knew that this offer was coming if things fell through so this negotiation should not take too long. I'm working up the official offer tonight and hopefully will have an answer in just a few days.

I'll also be moving on the next two guests after that and the one after that. I should have at least four or five guests on the flier by Farpoint (Valentine's Weekend).

Sorry to all of you that were guessing correctly who PITS was. Frankly, I was starting to picture PITS at our convention and the more that I thought about it the more I wanted it to come true. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be.

I know that you'll love the ones that I had "On Deck" however. They're great guests and well worth seeing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lacka1986 View Post
            There will be guests.
            This year, the announcing of guests was just a "tad" late due to the wait of signing a "huge" "HUGE" headliner which unfortunately as we just learned, won't happen "this" year.
            As Kett announced above, we will hear of what contractual guests are coming before the month of February is over. More may and usually do sign on as the months progress. Shore Leave has and will always have exceptional guests. Many, many, many! fans have already registered knowing what quality guests are signed each year. So never fear, the guests will appear!

Maria (AKA Shore Leave Co-Pre-registration)

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
              There will be guests.
              I certainly hope so!

Wouldn't that be a hoot. You get all of us there and there's no guests.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                I certainly hope so!

Wouldn't that be a hoot. You get all of us there and there's no guests.
                It'll never happen! From the way Kett was talking last night, I'm betting she'll have those two Atlantis guests to announce shortly.

Gee...who hasn't been to Shore Leave?

Hmmmm....

Joe Flanigan
                Torri Higginson
                Rachel Luttrell
                David Nykl
                Jason Momoa
                Robert Picardo
                Rainbow Sun Francks

David Hewlett and Paul McGillion have already been Shore Leave guests, so I guess they're out...but whoever the guests are...they'll be good ones...
                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 27 January 2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                  It'll never happen! From the way Kett was talking last night, I'm betting she'll have those two Atlantis guests to announce shortly.
                  Oh I know it won't. It was just something funny I thought of.

Comment

Oh I know it won't. It was just something funny I thought of.
                    I know. It made me giggle too. And think about who the Atlantis guests could be...

Comment

I'm really disappointed that I can't go again this year. The most fun I had at a con and the most friends I made at a con was Shore Leave. That was three years ago and I haven't been able to go since because our vacation lockout is from April to September. I so miss it!
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep View Post
                        I'm really disappointed that I can't go again this year. The most fun I had at a con and the most friends I made at a con was Shore Leave. That was three years ago and I haven't been able to go since because our vacation lockout is from April to September. I so miss it!
                        We'll miss you, Judi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          We'll miss you, Judi!!!
                          And you know I'll be thinking about you guys enjoying all the cool guests during my 12 hr days at the Park!

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

And you know I'll be thinking about you guys enjoying all the cool guests during my 12 hr days at the Park!
                            Ouch. I remember you telling us about that in NJ. We'll miss you!

Comment

Ouch. I remember you telling us about that in NJ. We'll miss you!
                              Thanks. But if things work out, I may be able to join the festivities next year!

Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

"sniff"
                                Change jobs...move down here!
                                Last edited by SG1Poz; 28 January 2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X