• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics, ladies!
    Thanks for sharing.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      I apologise for the poor quality of these, unfortunately this is all I could retrieve from my dodgy memory card!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34...dSGAsetpic.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34.../rodwhump2.jpg

The banner David is holding up says: McKay Rocks! says whump Rodney!
      Linzi they would have been great shots. Well, actually they are great shots, just blurry. I hope something can be done for you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Linzi they would have been great shots. Well, actually they are great shots, just blurry. I hope something can be done for you.
        I'm afraid not. The final verdict is the good one's can't be recovered. OH well, c'est la vie!
        sigpic

Comment

Linzi - Try different types of software

I asked my boss for recommendations for software...He recommended Hama, which we used to use in-store to retrieve pics

http://hama-photo-rescue.qarchive.org/

And here's a list of other software:
          http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.ht...overy&tag=srch

Keep trying!!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

What wondeful photos! I'm sorry for the blur. I'm sure there's some program out there that could sharpen it up with superduper photo fixing algorithms. They seem to have that kind of equipment on CSI and any TV show involved with the government. But alas, not for us mere mortals. At least, not affordable.

If I ever has such a glorious opportunity, my mind would probably be just like your photo. Squeeing pushes out most coherent thoughts, doesn't it? It's so good that there were 2 of you to remind each other of events and to freshen your memories.

Thanks again for sharing this special time with us.

On a personal note: I saw Joe at a convention in NJ in 2006. It was just after his third son, Fergus, was born. At the Q&A I asked him if there was a charity we could donate to in honor of his new child. First, he smiled and said, "How about mine?" Then he said he'd think about but he was so busy doing charity work for other people's charities, he hadn't settled on one for himself. "Actually, if you ever want to donate anything to Waterkeepers, I do work with them. They’re a good organization, an environmental organization."

So, all that to say that I find some weird kinship to your experience because of Waterkeepers!

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              Linzi - Try different types of software

I asked my boss for recommendations for software...He recommended Hama, which we used to use in-store to retrieve pics

http://hama-photo-rescue.qarchive.org/

And here's a list of other software:
              http://www.download.com/3120-20_4.ht...overy&tag=srch

Keep trying!!
              Thanks very much. I will keep trying!
              Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
              What wondeful photos! I'm sorry for the blur. I'm sure there's some program out there that could sharpen it up with superduper photo fixing algorithms. They seem to have that kind of equipment on CSI and any TV show involved with the government. But alas, not for us mere mortals. At least, not affordable.
              I want to send my XD card to Abby in NCIS. She could get them back for me!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
              If I ever has such a glorious opportunity, my mind would probably be just like your photo. Squeeing pushes out most coherent thoughts, doesn't it? It's so good that there were 2 of you to remind each other of events and to freshen your memories.

Thanks again for sharing this special time with us.

On a personal note: I saw Joe at a convention in NJ in 2006. It was just after his third son, Fergus, was born. At the Q&A I asked him if there was a charity we could donate to in honor of his new child. First, he smiled and said, "How about mine?" Then he said he'd think about but he was so busy doing charity work for other people's charities, he hadn't settled on one for himself. "Actually, if you ever want to donate anything to Waterkeepers, I do work with them. They’re a good organization, an environmental organization."

So, all that to say that I find some weird kinship to your experience because of Waterkeepers!
              Oh, that's a nice story! Thanks for sharing
              sigpic

Comment

Nice new pics Peg & Linz!! That one of Joe is oh-so thunkable!!!

There must be some uber-tccho geeks that can pull stuff off a memory card! I would be surprised if they couldn't! My bro-outlaw can retrieve stuff from old hard-disks even though people think they've wiped it all off! Someone must be able to access the stuff on your card!
                sigpic
                My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

great reports peg and linzi!! and thanks for posting the pics too. Sounds like you both had an amazing time
                  sigpic
                  Sig by me my LJ - the place to find some of my artwork and fics - My Stargate vids

Comment

WOW!!! *is green with envy*

SO glad you had such a good experience though! They all sound like so much fun in real life
                    sigpic
                    My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful reports. Too bad about the pictures but hopefully some of the suggestions you are getting will help.

Was the auction for lunch with Joe and David was just a fabulous add on or was it to be Joe and Amanda and David substituted when Amanda had to leave the show because of her commitments with Sanctuary?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

How did I miss this?! Wonderful, TRULY WONDERFUL recaps! Reading them was a true delight; thank you so much!

Boy...I wish I had more to say, but it's not like I'm feeling a large variety of emotions here, besides happiness.

Comment

Working...
                        X