No announcement yet.

Peg and Linzi do Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooooh Peg & Linzi!!! I'm squeeing after reading this awesome report! You are the luckiest geekgals in Gatedom!!! What a truly wonderful experience, and thank you so much for sharing with us the details of your visit - man, I would NOT have been able to remember any of the conversations!!! I'd probably have gone off for a blub just like Peggy!

Hope you can get those pics sorted Linz - it would break my heart for you to lose them!

nothing left to say but...

*SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!!*
    sigpic
    My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Eeeee! Great write-ups Peg and Linz! It sounds like you had the time of your lives.

What I really want to know is if JF brought DH to lunch as protection from the Shep whumpers or just for fun.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

What two wonderfully written trip reports. I'm so glad you both had the trip of a lifetime. I'm incredibly jealous, but I'm so very happy for the both of you.

I can't believe everything you did and all the people you met. You must have been exploding with excitement. Lunch sounds like it was so much fun. Not only did you get Joe, but David as well. How fun!!!

Linzi, I'm sorry to hear you lost your pics and I'm dying to know what David did for McKayrocks.

I look forward to seeing the set pics as soon as the episodes air.

Again I'm so very happy for you both that you had a wonderful time.
        sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
        &
        AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Oh, I forgot 2 things....

I hope you manage to get your pics back Linz, and at least Peg has hers.

And SQUEEEEEEEEE for the experience and for the two of you having this memory forever!!!
          sigpic
          Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

The thread title gives me gutter thoughts. But seriously, that was a great read. But who had the better write-up.*ponders*
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

My throat is raw from laughing and squeeing so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the detailed and hilarious write-ups. What a trip! I am so very happy you got to go and had such a good time. It's great that the people and set are so dedicated and passionate about the show.

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Wow. Thanks for an awesome write-up. What an incredible experience! I'm incredibly jealous but thrilled to bits to be able to share vicariously in what sounds like an amazing day!
                Thanks Ali, it was definately one of those surreal days, that even now back home to reality i'm still squeeing, much to the chagrin of my staff. I never got any work done yesterday revealing it all to them, hehehe. They to know the power of 'The Squee'.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                My cheeks now hurt from grinning so much!

I'm so glad you had a fantastic time, okay better than fantastic

Sooooo very jealous of you getting to watch them film! Once the scenes have aired, I want a minute by minute account of everything that happened All for research for my degree of course

You are two very lucky ladies (okay fangirls! ) but you both deserve it immencely!
                Oh well, since you twisted our arms. Thanks hon we'll do our best, and when the eps air it'll be fascinating to see which parts made the cut.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Oh thanks guys - I really enjoyed reading this. I laughed so hard in some places. It does sound like you had a wonderful time - thanks for sharing it with us!
                Hey hon. Glad you enjoyed it, we did have a fantastic time, and something that will stay with us, glad we made you giggle. Scary thing is that it's so hard to maintain your composure when you're ready to burst. Hopefully our fangirlyness only slipped out on occasions.

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                Linzi and Peg.
                I am so glad that you had a wonderful time. Reading it was just awesome.
                I don't know if I would be able to talk.

I'm so sorry about your pics Linzi. I hope you will be able to retrieve them
                I thought I wouldn't be able to speak from nerves to be honest, Linz of course had no trouble in that department. I was a bit overwhelmed and that's probably why I was a bit quieter than normal, I think it's just taking everything in. I wish I could bottle the excitement up and share it out with you guys. If you ever get the chance to go, take it.

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                Fabulous job Linz and Peg, thank you so much for sharing. What a great once in a lifetime experience.

Nope, I'm not jealous, not in the least...oops, my nose just grew another few inches.

I hope you can salvage some of your pics Linz.

I was wondering, did JoeF happen to mention what became of him making the film Shattered?
                Thanks hon, want to borrow my Pinoccio gif? I really hope Linz can salvage some pics to, because hers were better than mine... for some reason my hands kept shaking. So a lot of my pics were a bit blurry. To be honest we never got round to asking about Shattered, it's strange, but there didn't seem the opportunity to ask a load of questions, I think maybe because we just bantered and it just didn't come up. Sorry. :0

Originally posted by lcshepp View Post
                Thank you very much for sharing.
                You're welcome. *g*

Originally posted by lcshepp View Post
                Question. Did they really call 'hair to the set' when Joe was on?

If you were serious that's hysterical!
                Yes they did. It was funny, I think it's a standing joke on set, or they were playing up for us. It was really funny though. We tried not to giggle too inappropriately.

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                Thank you for sharing ladies. What a treat!

You didn't meet Rachel?
                No, we didn't. Rachel was filming elsewhere so we didn't get to meet her, which is a shame.

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
                Thank you both for the incredible reports. They were so detailed I feel like I was there with you. So glad you had the wonderful time that you did.
                Thanks aboleyn we wish we could have fitted peeps into our suitcases.

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
                Thanks so much for the wonderful write-up! What a fantastic visit that must have been. We're all green with envy ... but we're so happy to read your accounts!
                Thanks TJ, what I loved was the little things, the sets really were incredibly realistic, and yet when you touch them you're reminded that someone has built them using unusual materials. It's amazing how they can get styrofoam to look like walls etc.

Originally posted by Wilson3Girl View Post
                Thank you for sharing your story! Your description of lunch with Joe and David was awesome! The two of them together sound hysterical. A Stargate Musical? HA! I wish I could've heard the food descriptions that they were making! Thanks again for sharing!

Wilson3Girl
                You're welcome. The two of them together was an absolute treat, and completely unexpeted. They really just bounce off each other, it's really funny to watch. They are like big kids.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                You girls are amazing. What great write-ups! The detail was so good I feel like I was there. I wish I had been. It sounds like you were a big hit with everyone too. Nice touch taking JF a bottle. Lucky you having lunch with David too and running into Jason.

Peg, it sounds like you got your dream day on set. You so deserve it. I am glad you took Linzi with you to share the fun. You guys are like peas in a pod and I can't think of a more appropriate pair to represent us whumpers on the set.

Linzi I am sorry about your pics and I bet there is some way to retrieve them. There must be!!

Enjoy your gifts and your spoilers. Don't forget to share them with us when the time is right!
                I promise to share them with everyone, and you're right hon, it's a once in a lifetime thing, and something we'll never forget. I can't believe the photo's never came out or that we didn't ask for autographs. I think we were just swept up in the moment. Linz was a a riot, especially seeing the fangirling up close and personal.

As soon as the eps air we'll post some of the pics of the sets we saw and some of the spoilers we got from the sides and from some people on set.

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                I'm squeeeing and grinning all at once! That's pretty difficult to do!! Sounds like you gals had a most amazing time on set!!! So worth it, wasn't it??
                And I'll confirm what you said about Joe and David together - they ARE 12, aren't they? And very much like Sheppard and McKay together I think.

Anyway, thanks for the write up! It was great getting to visit again through your eyes!! Sounds like it was really a once-in-a-lifetime experience - I can't wait to see pics!!!
                Oh it was definately worth everything, going all that way, organising the trip in two days was actaully better than waiting for months. As we didn't have time to get too nervous. hehe. Oh yes, when they're together it's easy to see some of their personalities shine through into their characters and they were such sweethearts.

I'll put some pics on here tonight after work, hopefully people will forgive the shaky hands hehe.

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                Oooooh Peg & Linzi!!! I'm squeeing after reading this awesome report! You are the luckiest geekgals in Gatedom!!! What a truly wonderful experience, and thank you so much for sharing with us the details of your visit - man, I would NOT have been able to remember any of the conversations!!! I'd probably have gone off for a blub just like Peggy!

Hope you can get those pics sorted Linz - it would break my heart for you to lose them!

nothing left to say but...

*SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!!*
                I couldn't help blubbing, thankfully I saved it until after I got back to the hotel. I think the whole day for me was just everything I dreamed it would be and it was just the overwhemlming emotions and bottled up squee of the day.... that and i'm such a fangirl.

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                Eeeee! Great write-ups Peg and Linz! It sounds like you had the time of your lives.

What I really want to know is if JF brought DH to lunch as protection from the Shep whumpers or just for fun.
                I think he did, not sure what Linz's thoughts are.

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                What two wonderfully written trip reports. I'm so glad you both had the trip of a lifetime. I'm incredibly jealous, but I'm so very happy for the both of you.

I can't believe everything you did and all the people you met. You must have been exploding with excitement. Lunch sounds like it was so much fun. Not only did you get Joe, but David as well. How fun!!!

Linzi, I'm sorry to hear you lost your pics and I'm dying to know what David did for McKayrocks.

I look forward to seeing the set pics as soon as the episodes air.

Again I'm so very happy for you both that you had a wonderful time.
                Oh sherry, you should have seen David's face it was hilarious, I really hope the pics come out and that she can salvage them as hers were better than mine.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                The thread title gives me gutter thoughts. But seriously, that was a great read. But who had the better write-up.*ponders*
                I'd say Linz, I was too busy gushing and being blown away to remember half of what she did.

Comment

Hi Peg and Linzi

No one can describe what it feels like to be on set. Too awesome to put into words even though we tried.

We were luckly. I only had one slightly blurry picture with me and Joe and David but its seems almost salvagable.

Anyway, my daughters card died in Isreal and she lost 3 days of pictures. She came home pretty peeved about it. We went to a recovery program and we got it all back. There are programs out there that can do it. When I go to my work machine I will list the name of the program. We lost maybe 3 of of her 200 pics. So there is hope but do it fast.

Again, wow what a great report. I had Salty do ours because I can't write at all.
                  sigpic

Comment

WOW!! That is SOOO freaking COOL! How very exciting that you got to do that! I am crazy jealous!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                      I couldn't help blubbing, thankfully I saved it until after I got back to the hotel. I think the whole day for me was just everything I dreamed it would be and it was just the overwhelming emotions and bottled up squee of the day.... that and i'm such a fangirl.
                      I had to periodically go and 'squee-vent' at Armageddon...bottling it up would have caused a nuclear meltdown!!!
                      sigpic
                      My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

FLIPPIN NORA!!!!...how did you both remember so much DETAIL!?...they were FABBY reports...*not jealous..not jealous..*..OK, JEALOUS!!

Linzi, I REALLY hope you get your piccies back, it would be a shame if nothing can be done, but technology is a wunnerful thang..I'm sure that something can be done..*crosses fingers and toes*..

It sounds like you were treated fantastically by everyone....what was the bestest bit for you both?
                        sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Oh wow! Now that was an awesome read It's actually how I started my summer holiday, and what a way to start it. I can't wait for season 5 now! Just a few more days to hold the squee till it starts! Yay! I can't wait for those moments you describe, and can't wait for the info afterwards of what you've seen of those eppies

Thanks so much you two for this fantastic report!!! I'm so glad it was everything you dreamt of Peggy, and I'm still so delighted it was you two who went there to represent us gaters and of course whumpers I still can't think of two better people

My thoughts too btw, did JF bring DH just to be on the safe side with you whumpers?

And the hair
                          Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                          Save Our Seeker!
                          LotS on LJ.

Comment

Such lovely and hilarious reports! Couldn't have happened to two finer gals! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experience with all of us.
                            Wow, seven hours! Everyone on set were so generous with their time. Your descriptions painted a picture of a very dedicated and passionate group of people. Thanks for giving us a peek at their world.
                            I'm so glad you were gentle in the whump explanations , wouldn't want to completely terrify the boys! You did the whumpers proud!

Presents and hugs and kisses oh my! Color me green!

Linzi, I really hope you're able to salvage your pics. I think it was knightie who posted a suggestion about that on the whump thread.

And please don't forget to provide us links to your LJ, I really do want to read about the rest of your Vancouver vacation too!
                            sigpic

Comment

I was squee-ing the whole time while reading it! I don't know how you managed not to!

*gush*

Can't believe you two were so lucky in that So fantastic...
                              don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Thanks for sharing guys. It sounds like they really laid on the VIP treatment for you. Peggy I'm so happy for you that this turned out to be the trip of a life time you were hoping for. You deserved it.

I look forward to hearing about your further adventures in Vancouver.

Comment

Working...
                                X