The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    Oma hmm I'd probably use something like "Whisper into my ear" because that has a fluffy part but the expression makes it guttery

On another note, I HATE photoshop, it's so darn annoying! But I was wondering in CS2 if there is an anti-erase button? Like there is in gimp...
    Can't you use the Edit>undo button?

TR I couldn't figure why people thought 26 was mine at first. Then I realised - pink text

I think Fairy Tale means any fairy tale quote

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

TR I couldn't figure why people thought 26 was mine at first. Then I realised - pink text

I have to click and drag the erase button and especially when the erase is on say opacity 50% when I have to erase the whole thing in one click and drag if I want it to look even. Therefore if I make a mistake and I do undo it undoes the whole darn thing

Venting-
      Spoiler:
      I HATE PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!

There...that feels better

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

LOL!!!

And I hope so...I'm addicted to my fairy tales...Especially the Cinderella remakes, lol.

*twirls out to watch Eureka*
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Wow! 9 pages and 61 challenge entries, not to mention a whole load of other awesome art and tuts (woohood for Nad's first one!)... this place has been kicking today! I'm kind of glad I didn't get here until after the answers were posted as I would have had no idea, but WTG GimPS on such an awesome challenge! I wish I'd been able to do more myself but sadly no time - I actually made mine while waiting for my plane at Heathrow

There's way too much fabulousness to mention everyone individually, but can I just ask Rachel - what's the font you used in most (all?) of your challenge entries? I really like it
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I have to click and drag the erase button and especially when the erase is on say opacity 50% when I have to erase the whole thing in one click and drag if I want it to look even. Therefore if I make a mistake and I do undo it undoes the whole darn thing

Venting-
            Spoiler:
            I HATE PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!

I know what you mean Hubby has PSE 7.0 on his computer, but he won't let me download Gimp on to it. I keep attempting to make stuff in PS while the kids are busy on the main computer, but I always end up so frustrated because I can't find the functions I want or they don't work in the same way

I'm gonna stick with my beloved Gimp *huggles Gimp*

Thanks for the text suggestions I played around some more and came up with this.

Edit: *dashes off to darken that border up*

Edit 2: Better
            sigpic

Comment

Gorgeous Oma! I love the colouring

And that reminds me... can you (or someone) please post the 'young' pic you used there? I think I must have missed that while I was away as I haven't seen it before It's soo cute and I Must Have It I've got the Continuum one
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Gorgeous Oma! I love the colouring

And that reminds me... can you (or someone) please post the 'young' pic you used there? I think I must have missed that while I was away as I haven't seen it before It's soo cute and I Must Have It I've got the Continuum one
                Unfortunately it's not a great quality pic, or a decent size, but it is a fab shippy pic

sigpic

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!! Thanks Oma! It's fab indeed
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!! Thanks Oma! It's fab indeed
                    The pic is a bts polaroid that was up for auction last month
                    sigpic

Comment

Venting-
                      Spoiler:
                      I HATE PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!

I have no idea what you mean by 'click and drag the erase button' I haven't used PS2, so I'm a bit stumped, sorry. I didn't think it was that much different to PS3

Maybe Jasmina can help, I think she's used both

I went from Gimp to PS3 without too much difficulty (but with a little help from Jasmina and Jann). I found most of it was similar, but with a lot more scope

Oma LOVE the new version of the guttery sig! Perfect

Comment

Venting-
                        Spoiler:
                        I HATE PHOTOSHOP!!!!!!

I don't know if this can help or if there is masking in CS2 but here's what you could do.

Take a pic you want to edit and then in the layers pallet klik on the little camera like icon.

And then you'll get a mask next to the picture.

Click on the mask and then take the brush tool. The brush can only be black and white (it's automatic I think). So when it's black in the foreground it deletes the picture like eraser tool.

Spoiler:

And when you change it into white, you can bring back the parts you deleted.

Spoiler:

But be sure that when you want to make modifications like brightness and other things you click back on the pic! Because otherwise you'll be making adjustments on the mask.

So. Hope it helps.
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Oh well done DM, I always forget that method or erasing

Comment

Oh well done DM, I always forget that method or erasing
                            LOL, I used it all the time when I first started... cause I hate selections and I hate it when I mess up to go undo, undo, undo etc.
                            sigpic
                            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Fantastic sig Oma!

I went from Gimp to PS3 without too much difficulty (but with a little help from Jasmina and Jann). I found most of it was similar, but with a lot more scope
                              Maybe not. I have no idea what the issue is. I guess what Dee said ^.

The tut for LJ

Spoiler:
                              1. I used this texture as a background. Desaturated it and set the darker parts to be visible.

2. Put this on top of it. Desaturated. And used a grunge brush as an erased to get rid of the sides and leave just the middle parts.

3. I took the three caps from Sam. I resized them and used the eraser to blend them together. I merged the three layers and used another grungy brush to erase the edges.

And I got this

4. I duplicated that layer and desaturated it. I added a layer mask, grabbed a round brush and started painting over the b&w parts I wanted to hide. (the background on the Sam pics)

5. To brighten it up a little, and add some contrast.

New Adjustment layer -> Curves

RGB channel: point 1: o170; i145
                              point 2: o140, i125

Green channel: point 1: o150; i 135
                              point 2: o122, i116

6. New Adjustment layer -> Levels

Input levels: 11; 1.13; 206
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                                I know what you mean Hubby has PSE 7.0 on his computer, but he won't let me download Gimp on to it. I keep attempting to make stuff in PS while the kids are busy on the main computer, but I always end up so frustrated because I can't find the functions I want or they don't work in the same way

I'm gonna stick with my beloved Gimp *huggles Gimp*

Thanks for the text suggestions I played around some more and came up with this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gecloset-1.jpg

Edit: *dashes off to darken that border up*

Edit 2: Better
                                Exactly!

I have no idea what you mean by 'click and drag the erase button' I haven't used PS2, so I'm a bit stumped, sorry. I didn't think it was that much different to PS3

Oma LOVE the new version of the guttery sig! Perfect
                                I meant that when I go to erase, you have to click and drag the erase tool to make it erase And when the opacity is on say 50% once I lift my finger off my mouse and click and drag it again it erases another 50% off what I already erased. So I really like using anti-erase like there is in gimp

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                                I don't know if this can help or if there is masking in CS2 but here's what you could do.

Take a pic you want to edit and then in the layers pallet klik on the little camera like icon.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1247302265

And then you'll get a mask next to the picture.
                                http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1247302631

Click on the mask and then take the brush tool. The brush can only be black and white (it's automatic I think). So when it's black in the foreground it deletes the picture like eraser tool.

Spoiler:
                                http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/Dreaming_of_Winter/mask-3-1.jpg?t=1247303239

And when you change it into white, you can bring back the parts you deleted.

Spoiler:
                                http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq22/Dreaming_of_Winter/mask-4-1.jpg?t=1247303242

But be sure that when you want to make modifications like brightness and other things you click back on the pic! Because otherwise you'll be making adjustments on the mask.

So. Hope it helps.
                                Thank you!!!!!!! That's exactly what I was trying to find! *hugs DM really tight* *bounces around*

Next question because you know I'm gonna have lots of these actually two questions, first one is when you go and copy a picture into say a sig and it's way too big and you want to scale it, is there somewhere that you can just type in how big you want the picture? And #2 is there an 'apply' button once you scale the image, instead of clicking on a different button and having that 'do you want to apply?' window come up? *hopes someone out there will understand her

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X