The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Interesting language nerd/food-related observation... I noticed when I was in the States last that Americans spell it 'lasagna' whereas we spell it 'lasagne'. Lasagne is, if I'm correct with my very paltry knowledge of Italian, the plural form, so we are implying the multiplicity of the individual sheets of pasta that make it up, whereas lasagna is the singular, thereby referring to it as one entity. Interested me anyway

*cough* And yes, back to the art, love the sig Rachel, very colourful and I'd definitely not say no to Jack for dessert

Edit: except I got so carried away pontificating on Italian grammar that Rachel came along and posted, so it wasn't a double post after all
    yep it is from Italy

cooming soon... the phone number of the STARFOODS delivery system
    sigpic

Comment

You're not kidding, I came over here straight from the Martin thread and thought I'd inadvertently gone back there rather than here! I had to double-check the title at the top of my screen

See how I can spread just about anything connected to Martin all over the place?

Lol, I wasn't trying to pretend to be Jumble, but it is the exact same font

And just what are you saying there??
      Now you know how I feel Personally, I think Sarai is the one for the wine

*smiles serenely* It is, honest - or one of them anyway Along with chocolate, pancakes and maple syrup, bacon sarnies with egg and tomato and mushrooms, and roast dinners, especially roast potatoes in gravy, mmmm But cake has the added shippy connotations that meant it was the perfect choice for the challenge
      Oh you are gonna love Anderson's Sunday lunch........ the full roast dinner, including light, crunchy Yorkshire puddings as big as my fist

And the desserts are to die for

Yep, like Aveo said, British chocolate is waay better than American chocolate Although I think your chocolate has improved in recent years - I remember when I first tried some when I went over there 12 years ago I hated it, but when I was there the last couple of times recently it was really not bad at all And you've got a lot of the same brands now that I don't remember noticing before - Cadbury's and so on. I do really like Hershey's Cookies & Cream though, that's the best American chocolate IMO

Rachel, GORGEOUS Other Side wp, I just love the colouring
      I've never had American chocolate Is it different from the stuff that Joe raves about (presumably Canadian, but knowing him he imports it from everywhere ) I've heard that the Sanctuary set practically drowns in chocolate

Rachel it's perfect

Hmmm...... I think I might have an idea......... I'll pm you

Comment

Josiane, yes the orange Clubs were the best!!!!. I haven't had one for years either, and don't remember seeing any or hearing the song

I never liked Penguins, sorry The chocolate is ok, but the biscuits are not

Edit: And dare I say......... Wagon Wheels????

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

I've never had American chocolate Is it different from the stuff that Joe raves about (presumably Canadian, but knowing him he imports it from everywhere ) I've heard that the Sanctuary set practically drowns in chocolate

Rachel it's perfect

Hmmm...... I think I might have an idea......... I'll pm you
          american chocolate is AWESOME imo i've never had British chocolate but if it is better than american i wanna taste it (probably never but i can dream about it ) i love the one called Twix and those Oreos cookies with chocolate ! omg! *sigh*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

See how I can spread just about anything connected to Martin all over the place?
            Yep, it's quite the talent you have there

Now you know how I feel Personally, I think Sarai is the one for the wine
            Oh yes, and she's out boozing it up tonight too, so not even here to defend herself You and I are always sober as judges, of course

Oh you are gonna love Anderson's Sunday lunch........ the full roast dinner, including light, crunchy Yorkshire puddings as big as my fist

And the desserts are to die for
            Mmmmmmmmm can't wait! After roast potatoes, Yorkshire puds are my second favourite part of a roast dinner (both covered in gravy of course).

I think Joe's stuff is gourmet, which is pretty darn amazing no matter what country it comes from Bog-standard American chocolate is not as nice as ours, IMHO. I've never had Canadian chocolate though, so no idea about that. If I remember, I'll bring you some American chocolate back from Chicago and give it to you at the Shipmeet

Edit: Wagon Wheels! Oreo Cookies! I'm getting soo many cravings now
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              This months sekkrit challenge answers...

Spoiler:
              1. Achaja
              2. Aveo Amacus
              3. JasminaGo
              4. Jumble
              5. Josiane
              6. Oma-1
              7. Achaja
              8. Jumble
              9. Padme

*faints*

I had them all right*scratches head*...Wow...never expected that this time around...

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              Slow. I have to find the perfect cap, cause if I don't it just won't work. And searching for the perfect cap in about 22000 caps takes time. I have 6 done tho'!
              I understand...it's hard...I didn't made it easy for you...but if something is really impossible I can think of something else instead oh and can you show me the 6 that are done so far I wanna see!!!

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
              awesome arts everyone...

indeed that wine sig is from Jumble

I did a walli today Just... click!!!
              http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq157/RachelCristiany/Stargate%20Stuff/Wallpapers/th_otherside.jpg

Edit: maybe i'll be back in the Graphics design college in november ... i think my dream of being an engineer has to wait a little more ... because the price of the college changed and i cannot affort with it anymore...*sigh*
              Gorgeous!!!! and graphic designing is also a lot of fun, I think I really like it! but it helps that I get to talk a lot on school as well...my family needs that, because it helps with getting me tired and not rambling to them the whole time Even my teachers notice that I just *need* to talk a lot...

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
              okay so... this one is for the girls who love delivery boys i'm not sure about the grammar so...
              http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...jackfood-1.jpg

Edit: Lasanha is my favourite food yuuumy take a look at it
              Spoiler:
              http://dasgurias.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/lasanha3.jpg
              Awesome sig! I find it really good how you changed the colors of Jack's uniform! Wow!

As for the Lasanha...not my thing...if I eat it I have to throw up...the only version I actually can eat without any bad after effects is moms version(homemade from scratch)
              sigpic

Comment

This will probably be a double post...
                <snipped>

Yep, like Aveo said, British chocolate is waay better than American chocolate Although I think your chocolate has improved in recent years - I remember when I first tried some when I went over there 12 years ago I hated it, but when I was there the last couple of times recently it was really not bad at all And you've got a lot of the same brands now that I don't remember noticing before - Cadbury's and so on. I do really like Hershey's Cookies & Cream though, that's the best American chocolate IMO

Rachel, GORGEOUS Other Side wp, I just love the colouring
                *sticks tongue out* I like my pretty American chocolate!! It's so sweet!! Or bitter!!! Or chocolate-orangy (though the 70% dark chocolate oranges are better)!!!

And ick!!! I don't like cookies and cream in any form, be it chocolat bar or ice cream.
                <snipped>

Interesting language nerd/food-related observation... I noticed when I was in the States last that Americans spell it 'lasagna' whereas we spell it 'lasagne'. Lasagne is, if I'm correct with my very paltry knowledge of Italian, the plural form, so we are implying the multiplicity of the individual sheets of pasta that make it up, whereas lasagna is the singular, thereby referring to it as one entity. Interested me anyway

*cough* And yes, back to the art, love the sig Rachel, very colourful and I'd definitely not say no to Jack for dessert

<snipped>
                I believe you are correct, if I'm remembering my high school Italian class correctly. And really, it is one thing, lol!! And don't worry, I find it interesting.
                sigpic
                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Challenge Post coming up next. Sorry, I got side tracked making Bekki's birthday present. The idea popped into my head and I had to make it

It's a manip, so I can only post the link.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...days/Bekki.jpg

ROFLMAO! I think we've become the S/J Ship Food Thread It's also a good thing I had dinner before I logged on

Edit: And yes, by 'sent' I mean posted goodies to shippers around the world
                  sigpic

Comment

Re chocolate: (I missed this while catching up)

I had some American chocolate a little while ago and I must admit it was really yucky...I also had some British chocolate at the same time...*and* my own chocolate...I ate it together with an American and a Brit...we all agreed that ours was better. but then again we have a lot of nice belgium chocolate in here
                    I know the Americans have something with no sugar in it...and that's why it tastes differently... As for the british choc why it tastes different ...no idea...but I liked mine more because it's sweeter and softer in a way

Yum...now I'm hungry again...I ate from the Burger King tonight and I really *hate* that(but bro loves it and I was with him...and it was the only way I could get him to drive to a shop 20 min away to get my BSG dvds)
                    sigpic

Comment

Challenge Week 40
                      from Jumble

Make a piece of artwork using two of these textures

Spoiler:

Size: Any
                      Pic: Any
                      Text: Any

Please PM your entries for this challenge to Oma

Spoiler:
                      Be honest, how many of you expected Martin pics under the challenge spoiler???
                      Spoiler:
                      I did!

sigpic

Comment

Yep, it's quite the talent you have there
                        *said with serious face* It's a gift, bestowed only upon the chosen ones.

Oh yes, and she's out boozing it up tonight too, so not even here to defend herself You and I are always sober as judges, of course
                        I rest my case

Yes, yes, sober as a judge.......... actually, I used to be in the legal profession and I don't think I ever met a sober judge

Mmmmmmmmm can't wait! After roast potatoes, Yorkshire puds are my second favourite part of a roast dinner (both covered in gravy of course).
                        Of course And the veggies are all freshly steamed, and you can have beef, pork or lamb, and there's lots of it, and and and.......... the desserts are to die for!!!

I think Joe's stuff is gourmet, which is pretty darn amazing no matter what country it comes from Bog-standard American chocolate is not as nice as ours, IMHO. I've never had Canadian chocolate though, so no idea about that. If I remember, I'll bring you some American chocolate back from Chicago and give it to you at the Shipmeet
                        Oh yes please! I had some Swiss chocolate last weekend, courtesy of Michael Nice, but I prefer Belgian

Edit: Wagon Wheels! Oreo Cookies! I'm getting soo many cravings now
                        I've never tried Oreos They look too much like Bourbons to me. The thing with Wagon Wheels is they're nowhere near as big and thick as they used to be when I was a kid (that's a proven fact, the same as with Curly Wurleys ) so I find them a bit disappointing

Just look at what you started here TR

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Gorgeous!!!! and graphic designing is also a lot of fun, I think I really like it! but it helps that I get to talk a lot on school as well...my family needs that, because it helps with getting me tired and not rambling to them the whole time Even my teachers notice that I just *need* to talk a lot...

Awesome sig! I find it really good how you changed the colors of Jack's uniform! Wow!

As for the Lasanha...not my thing...if I eat it I have to throw up...the only version I actually can eat without any bad after effects is moms version(homemade from scratch)
                          i bet you would love the lasanha that i cook yes i can cook (only Pasta and Lasanha things)

good thing about Graphics design here is that is a good job and you never get unemployed

about Jack's shirt ... i used the 'Color Range to make selection then hue and saturation on 'colorize' mode ...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                            Challenge Week 40 [/SIZE]
                            from Jumble

Make a piece of artwork using two of these textures

<lazy snip>

Size: Any
                            Pic: Any
                            Text: Any

Please PM your entries for this challenge to Oma

Spoiler:
                            Be honest, how many of you expected Martin pics under the challenge spoiler???
                            Spoiler:
                            I did!

But you spoiled it by saying 'textures' Even I can't disguise Martin as a texture

Oh wait..............

Comment

I love Oreos! (with PB) I may have had a wagon wheel but I don't think I liked it that much. did like penguins though

oo interesting challenge!
                              (wasn't expecting Martin, Oma but I am imagining my Martin artworks with the emerald one...)
                              sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Well, Jann, really, of course the no sugar stuff is icky. Never eat no sugar chocolate!!! 98% of Americans even find the no sugar chocolate disgusting. But we've got Hershey's. I love my Hershey's!!! It's all sweet and stuff!!! But I also love dark chocolate, lol. But if I listed all the chocolate I liked, this post would be waaayyyy too long, lol.

Although Oreos are AWESOME!!! But only Double Stuffed. Original doesn't have enough cream filling, lol!!!

And whatever do you mean Jumble? *looks innocently on as thread descends into food related chaos*

And did you guys see my sig above? I posted it amidst the food discussions, so I wasn't sure...
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X