No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well here is my addition to the Christmas Cards.

Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
    You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Brooke Lovely work

Bekki That's sooooo cute

Mada Oh, that look *thunks quietly, hoping no-one notices*

Jann that's an amazing effect *resists urge to download CS4* How did I know you wood get CS4? *shrugs* it just seemed the logical thing that you wood do

Comment

ha ha... there is something about that look.

The snowflakes I used are brushes of pictures of real ones... which I thought made them kinda neat. Actual Snowflake Brush Set (Gimp)
        Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
        You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Great artwork everyone, I have nothing to share yet, still busy... I was just spreading green around I hope to finish at least a few cards, but I have also still something to do for the secret santa and RL is full and complicated now... I hope to stop by more often.

But this all reminds me that Christmas is really close... Have to buy the presents yet

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
            Ok ladies, I need help. I downloaded this http://http://illyera.deviantart.com...-Text-74244971 brush set and this one http://http://musicofnight.deviantar...ushes-45117507 but they won't load into my version of PS.
            What version of PS do you have? Cause if you have a lower version then the one these brushes are made for you can't use them. You can however if they contain an imagepack make the brushes yourself then... that is why sometimes people add that...
            IF you don't know how to make brushes, just give me a ring and i'll try to explain it. Although it isn't too hard lol

Comment

Hey GimPs

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              *does MAJOR happy dance*

Jann got PS working

Well...I didnt got CS3 working...*insert drum roll*

but I did get a full version of CS4 working
              So...gonna work for the first time with CS4 now

*insert major grin*
              From some bad things..good things happen

Oma(and everyone else btw) Love your card...awesome!!!

Cool Jann, my cousin *nerdy* installed the trial version on my computer too its amazing, i'm still finding a way to make it last i only have a cuple of days before the license ends...
              Gorgeous Artwork, thunky
              sigpic

Comment

So many new cards! Wonderful job eveyone

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                *does MAJOR happy dance*

Jann got PS working

Well...I didnt got CS3 working...*insert drum roll*

but I did get a full version of CS4 working
                So...gonna work for the first time with CS4 now

*insert major grin*
                From some bad things..good things happen

Oma(and everyone else btw) Love your card...awesome!!!
                Glad you PSworks! My PS 7 (ya, it's iol) doesn't won't work for a long time. But where did you get them??? I want them all And new version of Gimp too. I've cleaned the folders and set free I,3 GB of rubbish. I have pleantly o fplace now

How did you cut mu kitty????? I tied to do this some time ago and it took me ages with that magic wand (sorry, don't now how it calls)/ Is that option assist in Gimp?

Mada, great hockey stuff!!!

Bekki
                and Brooke, brilliant fluffy cards (((((fluff)))))
                sigpic

Comment

Kitten, it's easy to cut out the background with the CS3 Magic Wand I've pmed you the .png file

Comment

Love the new artwork!

How I got PS CS4...that's a secret... But not the normal way it's supposed to go If you understand my meaning... but it works perfectly *happy sigh*

and I finished my first part of the Secret Santa...it doesn't has to be a christmassy artwork right? just to be sure...otherwise I can post it*wants to post it*

I now know how you all feel not able to post it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you got your CS4 the same way I got my CS3

So what does CS4 have that CS3 hasn't?

Yes! Sitting on finished artwork is painful to say the least I've got 9 pieces of work metaphorically burning a hole in my files - it just feels so wrong not to post things in here the second they're done

Comment

Hey Ho GimpS let's go... (okay i'm a weirdo, just singing)

i made 2 OT sigs BUT there is Jack on it soo ... i so love their friendship, i was very in doubt about the colors so here it is... they are very simple but i liked it

sigpic

Comment

Rachel love the Friendship sigs Both colours are really good

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            Um *cough* Apparently I was quite 'happy' when I discovered how to do it
                            LOL!!! I think that was when you and I spent hours/days figuring that out. It was great fun, lol!!!

And about Martinmas, when is it? Because you wrote GMT, and I don't know how to convert from that. Would you happen to know what time it would be startin EST, since I can easily figure it out from there?

Apparently Martinmas is the closest I'm going to come to celebrating Christmas with everyone, since it was decided Shipmas couldn't be the 6th. I won't be here on the 13th!!! I may, if it's okay with the people I'm staying with, be able to get on for an hour or two, but that's about it. And I really wanted to join in.

Thanksgiving OT

I had a great Thanksgiving break!!!! I went with my friend Jenn to her family's celebration down near Tulsa. I had several glasses of this delicious Arbor Mist wine, learned how to play the card game Phase 10, ate deer and squirrel meat (and loved them), and fired a .22 shotgun (first time I'd even held a gun!!!). It was fantastic!!!!

Now I'm off to get ready for class so I can drive 10 miles in what appears to be 70MPH winds on an open highway. Oh joy!

And great artwork everyone!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                              Sounds like you got your CS4 the same way I got my CS3

So what does CS4 have that CS3 hasn't?

Yes! Sitting on finished artwork is painful to say the least I've got 9 pieces of work metaphorically burning a hole in my files - it just feels so wrong not to post things in here the second they're done
                              You mean the same way I had CS2 as well I'm such a naughty girl

Erm...lots of stuff on differen places...if you use it, like me, in Windows...you can shift with the opening of pictures...all of them come in one thing...with tabs like IE or Firefox. kinda annoying IMHO. I miss my extracting tool. It do has some improvements with the adjustment layers...no tab that you see what is happening but it's on the right side and you can adjust it while working on your picture...really handy.

The scaling goes a lot better...and it looks better afterwards.

There has been lots of changes overall...a lot more difference than from CS2 from CS3...this is a huge difference if you start to use it IMHO.

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                              Hey Ho GimpS let's go... (okay i'm a weirdo, just singing)

i made 2 OT sigs BUT there is Jack on it soo ... i so love their friendship, i was very in doubt about the colors so here it is... they are very simple but i liked it

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...riendship2.jpg

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...friendship.jpg
                              Wow I love them
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't ask me what it is supposed to be ...but I was playing around with PS

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X