Luvnjack

Nad

XFChemist

hlndncr

Jumble

Oma

Challenge Week 110
      from Estrela

Let's see what everyone does with this tutorial. It's straightforward enough for any program, and hopefully for GimPS new to artworking too.

Size: Any
      Pics: Any
      Text: Any

Please send your entries to Sarai.
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oma, my dear, would you mind terribly posting that pic of Joe in the leather jacket? *puppy dog eyes*

EDIT: Egle, I LOVE how yours turned out! Brilliant!
        Last edited by Luvnjoe; 17 October 2010, 12:24 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          I can't post my completed work because it is too big and I don't know how to do a thumbnail (see inquiry above).

I thought it would be fun to do a little birthday comic using one of Joe's greatest works: Window of Opportunity. (It turns out that is way beyond my abilities for the time being.)

But here are the panels I created:
          That was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
            That was great!
            Thanks!

Comment

My dears, I find myself needing your help.

I recently got a new laptop (because my old one doesn't really run AT ALL) and put Gimp back on it. Well, my old laptop won't turn back on right now, so I can't get any more of my files and such off of it. Most of what's on it isn't a big deal, but it also, obviously, had all of my fonts and brushes and textures on it, as well as many of my caps for my different shows.

Now where you all come in...If you could give me either your fave fonts/brushes/textures or a link to them (or even the sites you get them from) I'd be much obliged. Also if you've got good caps from some of my shows (Legend of the Seeker, SG1, Bones, The Mentalist, Burn Notice, White Collar, In Plain Sight, The Closer, NCIS, and any others you remember me mentioning/loving/liking) I'd also be greatful. Especially if you've got stuff in zip files since those would be easier to get/download.

I'm hoping to get my old laptop to stay on long enough for me to rescue some of my stuff, but I'm not holding my breath. Last time I got it on I had enough time to get a few of my music files before it shut down, so I'm hoping to at least have time to grab some of my most used caps/brushes/fonts/textures, but I have a feeling it will take a few times, and I'm too busy with school to sit down and try right now anyway.

EDIT: Also, I can't seem to remember how to install the stuff onto my laptop...I'm using Windows 7...I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right (I've actually tried 2 or 3 different things) but nothing is installing...
              Last edited by TrueRomantic; 17 October 2010, 06:18 PM.
              sigpic
              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

TR, I'm also using Windows 7, and I think the install method may be a bit diff then other versions...

I'll get the instructions in the morning, it's a bit late here to do it now.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi all!

PRETTY PRETTY BO BITTY DITTY PREEEETTTYYY!!! that's all I have to say about the Joe art! He will be one stoked writer man All that love in graphic form (I mean...like graphics, not like...'graphic'....you know what I mean...)

This new challenge looks tricky, but I shall give it a go Right now in fact...BYE!
                  sigpic

Comment

I got it off the MGM site.
                    sigpic

Comment

Morning all !

Exquisite Joe art, he'll be thrilled. Wish I could have had the time to participate *sniff*. This weeks challenge looks intriguing though, can't wait to see some of your entries. There's nothing like posting a challenge to ensure you have enough time to do it yourself also .

Comment

Fab icons Jas!

Challenge Entries - figured I'd kill 2 birds and do the WP/Sig/Avi set from the other week at the same time

sigpic

Comment

Great arty, Oma! I really like that pic with that colouring!!!

This challenge is GREAT! I deviated a little here and there...chose a different text layer (it's from a Doctor Who episode, so I think it fits better) and I tried really hard to understand the steps as I was following them...I'm proud of it (even if it's not brilliant)

I wanna make another one now
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/PTB/th_Joe.jpg
                            Hubba hubba!

*nudges LJ out the way*

Love those challenge entries Oma and Bekki. This week's looks quite challenging. Hope I'll have time to play.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              Great arty, Oma! I really like that pic with that colouring!!!

This challenge is GREAT! I deviated a little here and there...chose a different text layer (it's from a Doctor Who episode, so I think it fits better) and I tried really hard to understand the steps as I was following them...I'm proud of it (even if it's not brilliant)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ylerwooooo.jpg

I wanna make another one now
                              Me too The first was pretty much a copy of the tut to get the idea of what I was doing, now I wanna try something different using what I learned.

Love Rose Fab textures and colouring, and I adore that font!

Thanks Cags
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                                Thank you!! This makes me so happy!!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Hubba hubba!

*nudges LJ out the way*

sigpic

Comment

Working...