No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Well, it's the episode between Grace and Chimera, so everything but shippy (which makes it kind of important if you really think about, but that's another story ;P). Jack and Sam have like one scene together at the beginning of the ep. And it's a briefing.
    I thought Jonas would be important because it's the last time we see him. ^^

And thank you.
    sigpic
    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

So I was going through the S/J Discussion Thread looking for inspiration and ideas for my next banner and I began wondering if anyone has collected all these fabulous banners in one place. (Yes, I have an obsessive, compulsive need to organize and catalog things. Some of my friends think I should have become a librarian. Of course, those friends are librarians.)

So I saved all the banners I could find with credit to the artist where I could find it (the thread didn't always say), but there were several missing. The ones I know are missing: First Commandment by Josi and Urgo by Sarai (broken link); FiaD, Jolinar's Memories, Crossroads, and Tanget (no link); and Summit (just missed it completely I guess). There are probably some others too. I haven't gone down the ep list one by one.

So, I come back to my original question: Does anyone have all the banners? If not, and you did one of these missing banners (and can still find it on your computer) would you mind posting it again?

Comment

Funnily enough, I made note of all the banners up to about mid season 3 (page 90 of the thread) then sort of lost track of time. Since Season 5 we've done them as challenges (before that people just made them ad hoc) and I have all the linkys for those, unless anyone has moved them. I was going to repost the links some time but never got around to it.

Challenge entries:

I appear to be going through a grey phase!
        sigpic

Comment

Well I've put together a PB album with the banners I could find here. If the attribution is missing or incorrect let me know and I will fix it.

And if you have a banner that is not posted there and you would like it to be send me a link or file and I'll add it.

When I get the chance I'll go through and organize it into the correct order then I'll know what really isn't there and maybe we can do something about filling in the blanks sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
            Well I've put together a PB album with the banners I could find here. If the attribution is missing or incorrect let me know and I will fix it.

And if you have a banner that is not posted there and you would like it to be send me a link or file and I'll add it.

When I get the chance I'll go through and organize it into the correct order then I'll know what really isn't there and maybe we can do something about filling in the blanks sometime.
            Wow! Very impressive when you put them all together like that

The Season 3 Shipper Rewatch banner is mine

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              Wow! Very impressive when you put them all together like that

The Season 3 Shipper Rewatch banner is mine
              So noted.

Comment

Darn, I missed the rewatch banner challenge entry. Oh well, next time. I am still trying to figure out Elements 8.0. My husband surprised me one day with an upgrade. Wait . . . that sounded bad . . . or good, either way I was excited.

I am playing catch up, so I haven't read every post (it has been a long time since I was on GW), but enjoy seeing all the great artwork.

Great job hlndncr for organizing the rewatch banners.
                sigpic
                I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

So I was going through the S/J Discussion Thread looking for inspiration and ideas for my next banner and I began wondering if anyone has collected all these fabulous banners in one place. (Yes, I have an obsessive, compulsive need to organize and catalog things. Some of my friends think I should have become a librarian. Of course, those friends are librarians.)
                  As a librarian, I have to totally approve of this

So I saved all the banners I could find with credit to the artist where I could find it (the thread didn't always say), but there were several missing. The ones I know are missing: First Commandment by Josi and Urgo by Sarai (broken link); FiaD, Jolinar's Memories, Crossroads, and Tanget (no link); and Summit (just missed it completely I guess). There are probably some others too. I haven't gone down the ep list one by one.

So, I come back to my original question: Does anyone have all the banners? If not, and you did one of these missing banners (and can still find it on your computer) would you mind posting it again?
                  First Commandment

Nice work! Just had a quick look - Fail Safe is actually by me, as is Legacy and Demons.

I don't recall seeing the one I did for Point of no return - if it's not there then here it is:

sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Great job!

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/...=Threshold.jpg

This one is mine

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/...oursBanner.jpg

Also mine.

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/...t=FifthMan.jpg

Oma-1

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/...gacybanner.jpg

Aveo Amacus

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/...onsrewatch.jpg

Josiane

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/...ticshbt123.jpg

hbt 123

Not sure it that's all the ones you are missing. If you PM me with the list of missing ones I'll see if I have them on my list or, at the least, I could tell you who made them.

(oh, and you could always make sub folders per season if it helps? )
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                      Darn, I missed the rewatch banner challenge entry. Oh well, next time. I am still trying to figure out Elements 8.0. My husband surprised me one day with an upgrade. Wait . . . that sounded bad . . . or good, either way I was excited.

I am playing catch up, so I haven't read every post (it has been a long time since I was on GW), but enjoy seeing all the great artwork.

Great job hlndncr for organizing the rewatch banners.
                      You could make an overall Season 7 banner. I don't think anyone else is doing that.

Comment

Wow, cool collection
                        thanks for sharing!

Does anybody else here have problems with Signavatar.com? because I can't see the site anymore ans my Sig diappered
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                          Wow, cool collection
                          thanks for sharing!

Does anybody else here have problems with Signavatar.com? because I can't see the site anymore ans my Sig diappered
                          I noticed there were a lot of sigs missing Try Clintonio, it's been very reliable for the last few months

Comment

You could make an overall Season 7 banner. I don't think anyone else is doing that.
                            All 22 episodes?! In one banner?! Now that is a challenge. Val, what do you think?
                            sigpic
                            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                              All 22 episodes?! In one banner?! Now that is a challenge. Val, what do you think?
                              Here are what the other overall banners look like:

S1

S3

S5

The S1 and S3 are by Jumble. I don't know who made S5.

So it seems we have overall banners for the odd numbered seasons and not for the even numbered ones.

Here is what's missing:

Overall Season 2
                              (S3)Jolinar's Memories
                              (S3)Urgo (by Sarai, broken link)
                              (S3)Forever in a Day
                              (S3)Foothold (Interestingly, I couldn't even find a discussion of this ep. I think it may have been skipped.)
                              (S4)Crossroads
                              (S4)Tangent
                              (S4)Watergate
                              (S5)Last Stand
                              Overall Season 6

So if anyone feels like making one of these, let me know and I'll add it to the album.

Comment

Cags, I love your challenge entries! ;D
                                (And grey. ;P)

Nice! Enjoyed seing everything put together like that! ;D Lovely collection. <3
                                sigpic
                                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                                X