The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
    OMG! you and Jasmina .... how do you manage to make so much arts in a few seconds days ??? i'm in awe of you !!! you rox!!!!
    I've always amazed about that Must have a life

Kitty Kitty ...myself loves your Jack siggie
    awesome colour !!! i guess we both love strong colours!!!!
    I've noticed that
    Very much love strong colors , especially when they occupies the most part of the art i make
    Last edited by Blacky Kitten; 21 May 2010, 05:38 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh my Gosh, awesome arts. Especially the colour version of Shep sig and Jack´s sig ..
      And the avatars of SG ( AM, SAM? JACK , ... ) I am dying from awesomness.
      Thanks for sharring, people. And OMA, Happy Birthday.
      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Rachel, don't lurk so much, we miss you! Those Shep sigs are gorgeous, particularly the colour one, just stunning

Amanda, wow, awesome job on the icons Will comment on your LJ

Kitten, fab sig for Oma - she's one lucky girl
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Rachel, don't lurk so much, we miss you! Those Shep sigs are gorgeous, particularly the colour one, just stunning

my real life is crazy and the uni is very hard but i'm always here i'll never leave!!!

i believe that colouring is from a psd that i've saved a few months ago then i changed ... if anyone wants it let me know then i'll make a tut

Sheppy is driving me crazy...i must stop my re-watch or i'll die
          sigpic

Comment

my real life is crazy and the uni is very hard but i'm always here i'll never leave!!!

i believe that colouring is from a psd that i've saved a few months ago then i changed ... if anyone wants it let me know then i'll make a tut

Sheppy is driving me crazy...i must stop my re-watch or i'll die
            Yes, please tut! With psd on the top
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              Great siggie Kitty!

*gives Amanda a cookie*

Were you up all night making those?

This isn't technically artwork, but I did make parts of it in Photoshop. Slot Machine. Click on one of the numbers, for the number of spins you want. I had to seriously compress it cause it won't let you upload files above 50kb.
              *munches* I actually had 4 of them done for awhile now. (AT, 200, Jack, and Sam/Jack) but I spent all day yesterday working on the Magnus-Druitt Family and WoO ones

The slot machine is very cool!

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
              Ah, good, i was worry about it!

You welcome

I've found a lj stargate icon community and have no idea how to join it There is no that Join thing above the header... help!
              It took me awhile to figure out that one as well!

OMG! you and Jasmina .... how do you manage to make so much arts in a few seconds days ??? i'm in awe of you !!! you rox!!!!

Kitty Kitty ...myself loves your Jack siggie
              awesome colour !!! i guess we both love strong colours!!!!

oh...Happy Birthday Oma!!!!
              No lives? Too much free time? lol

Yes, please tut! With psd on the top
              I second this!

Oh and because it was like...4...when I posted last night and I forgot to say it but...

Happy Birthday Oma!!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

kinda off topic but:
                Spoiler:
                i'm rewatching my favorite programm show ... and it's one of the very best popular shows here... and guess who's in ?????? Morena Baccarin !!!!!!! she's here in Brazil again OMG! i know that she is Brazilian but i've never heard her voice speaking portuguese ... SOOOOOOOO different!!!
                if anyone want's to watch:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYfgR...eature=related
                and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP2ve6bkELo&NR=1
                basically she's talking about her family and her mother (she's actress here) ,about the 'V' series, firefly, serenity sadly i missed the day when it was live

The Sheppard PSD is
                Here!!!
                sigpic

Comment

I am loving all the Jack artwork.

Rachel, awesome Shep sig with or without the color. What font did you use?

Amanda, nice icons. I am still drooling over your texture one of Jack.

Blacky Kitten, as always another hot sig. I love what you do with your text. Care to reveal your secret?

I decided to tryout my PS mojo to see if I could make something, since it has been awhile. I did finally make a Sam and Jack sig. I so want to make a Jack and Erica one from V, but I don't feel right shipping them since he is a priest. Though I want to so bad. So here it is, what do you think?

I tried to create a moment with Sam and Jack in the background moving closer that they are almost kissing. I don't know if I captured that or not.
                  sigpic
                  I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

*hugs Rachel* Thank you!

Originally posted by Treknik View Post

Blacky Kitten, as always another hot sig. I love what you do with your text. Care to reveal your secret?
                    Thank you! :d

Here is what inspires me I don't know if you was here when i've posted it. Let those little thingies make you happy as they make me

Ah, 2010 sig!!! Me loves
                    Last edited by Blacky Kitten; 21 May 2010, 02:24 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great work Nik!
                      I love teh shadow effect!
                      sigpic

Comment

*pops in*

Ooh, Nik, that sig is really cool!!!

Challenge question: this isn't a sekrit challenge is it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Speaking of the challenge, what are we doing? Can someone link me to the post?
                          sigpic

Comment

*hugs Rachel* Thank you!

Thank you! :d

Here is what inspires me I don't know if you was here when i've posted it. Let those little thingies make you happy as they make me

Ah, 2010 sig!!! Me loves
                            OMGoodness! It is like Christmas with all these fonts. I have been downloading/uploading (I don't know what the term is) since I saw this post. Thank you so much. I find the text to be an important part of the artwork. If you don't have the text to back up your pics, then it just doesn't flow. Do you understand?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            Great work Nik!
                            I love teh shadow effect!
                            Thanks, so did it work? Can you see the almost kiss in the shadow effect behind the close-up pics?

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                            *pops in*

Ooh, Nik, that sig is really cool!!!

Challenge question: this isn't a sekrit challenge is it?
                            Thank you. Every now and then I get an idea to use for artwork, but then I throw that idea out when I start making it and just wing it. I can't make artwork quickly, it takes awhile for me.
                            sigpic
                            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

{{snippity}}

I decided to tryout my PS mojo to see if I could make something, since it has been awhile. I did finally make a Sam and Jack sig. I so want to make a Jack and Erica one from V, but I don't feel right shipping them since he is a priest. Though I want to so bad.
                              I don't think it's a bad thing. In fact, I think that's what we are supposed to be thinking. And...
                              Spoiler:
                              I think Jack is going to be leaving the church next season.
                              My fingers are crossed that ABC doesn't cancel the show. To be honest, I'd rather that SyFy pick up the show.

So here it is, what do you think?

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...00-Treknik.jpg

I tried to create a moment with Sam and Jack in the background moving closer that they are almost kissing. I don't know if I captured that or not.
                              Oh my this is so very pretty! I love the ghosting so much. Especially the almost kiss!! And the coloring and background and the text fits together so well! I've been staring at it for many minutes now and I think it's perfect. Hang on, I'll check again.......................... Yep, perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                I need a help for a vid. Does anyone remind any scenes where Jack has a close combat with someone, possibly without fire weapons...
                                Same thing for Daniel (for Sam and Jack I already know some scenes...but feel free to tell me yours!)
                                Thanks!
                                The only one I can think of is for Jack in Red Sky after the explosion when he grabs the guy and almost kills him. I'll keep thinking. I also invite you to ask over at Kawoosh. Start a new topic in the Clip Hunting section. Our numbers may be smaller these days, but we are hearty and helpful little group.
                                Last edited by UhSir; 21 May 2010, 07:20 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X