Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pressie for Aveo

Once again... is my English correct?
    Last edited by Blacky Kitten; 14 April 2010, 07:59 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      My question is: Who will stop us from posting heavily shippy art here?

It's not like all the regulars will disappear and this place will be overrun by new people. The new members who wanna post here will have to adapt and learn the ins and out of this place. It's the way it works on all big long-running thread around the forum (it's the way it's worked here so far as far as I'm aware). If some don't like it they'll be free to leave.

All we want is to show that everyone are welcomed here. We have had (and still do) members who are not Sam/Jack shippers and we've never had a problem in the past.
      Jumping in with my two cents, which isn't worth much since I'm...er...in a mood. This is EXACTLY what happened on the Ship Family Thread (When it was the Ship Family Thread). A bunch of new people showed up, the regulars (me included) started saying, "Wow. This doesn't look like our thread anymore" and *poof* There it went...down the drain. Couldn't care less about the name change, but...oh yeah...the regulars disappearing can totally happen.

/rant

going back to the shadows where I belong right now
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        Jumping in with my two cents, which isn't worth much since I'm...er...in a mood. This is EXACTLY what happened on the Ship Family Thread (When it was the Ship Family Thread). A bunch of new people showed up, the regulars (me included) started saying, "Wow. This doesn't look like our thread anymore" and *poof* There it went...down the drain. Couldn't care less about the name change, but...oh yeah...the regulars disappearing can totally happen.

/rant

going back to the shadows where I belong right now
        That thread had a lot of issues and infighting and b****ing long before the new people started to arrive and the old ones left (I know I certainly had problems with some of the older member's attitudes). The situations are different, the meanings of the threads are different (how many new members would you expect in an art thread? I've been on the GAD, resources, wp, calendar threads, there aren't that many of us), and the attitude is different here. At least I hope it is.
        sigpic

Comment

Bringing back the current vote

Name change proposals -

"(GimPS) Artwork Thread for Everyone" - (1)

"GimPS Artwork Secrets Revealed (All Welcome!)" - (5)

"The Secrets of GimPS artwork" - (0)
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Challenge:

sigpic

Comment

My new arts -

Spoiler for "Space" -
              Spoiler:

Made with promo pic from "Faith" -
              Spoiler:

Clicky!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                Bringing back the current vote

Name change proposals -

"(GimPS) Artwork Thread for Everyone" - (1)

"GimPS Artwork Secrets Revealed (All Welcome!)" - (5)

"The Secrets of GimPS artwork" - (0)
                Can't vote, cause I still don't see the "None of the above" option.

There are quite a few people who would like to keep "S/J" in the title, and I like the elegant way that was chosen to ignore them.
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                  There are quite a few people who would like to keep "S/J" in the title, and I like the elegant way that was chosen to ignore them.
                  I wouldn't mind having "S/J" in the title, but please, suggest a title that you think would suit better.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                    Can't vote, cause I still don't see the "None of the above" option.

That's hardly fair given that you only raised /asked for the option a few hours ago. People have lives and are probably busy with them so you can't expect them to jumpy and do it instantly.
                    You're free to add a "Don't change" onto the vote if you really want it to stay the same. Or any other option with S/J in the title if you want but, frankly, unless we lose the S/J there's little point changing the name as the whole point of proposing a change is to eliminate the S/J exclusivity element.
                    sigpic

Comment

Not a challenge piece. I've been dying to use these brushes. Don't know why I didn't think to use them for 24 stuff before.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                        Or maybe say 'Any Fandom' instead?

Is the "GimPS" term something made up by you all? That in the title might make folks stay away, or not. Maybe it'll draw them in, wondering what it means. I don't even know what it means.

Is there any difference between this thread and the "Graphic Arts Tutorials, Textures, Resources" thread? I've never been to or even knew about the other threads mentioned. That one's title sounds a lot like the same thing that goes on in here. I sure wouldn't want changing the name to cause the mods to close one of the threads. Or do they not worry so much about threads in The Commissary?

I'm not exactly sure but I think once you get the alternate name options decided, a mod can attach a poll to this thread. I think they can take it off as well. Like I said, I'm not sure if it works like that. I would say keep the voting open for at least a week. Maybe send PMs out to some the regulars just to be sure everyone gets a chance.
                        Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        how about this name:

'The secrets on how to make Sam/Jack (and others) artwork thread' ?
                        I like these two ideas.

Comment

How about we keep the current title and just add 'All Fandoms Welcomed' at the end?

It keeps the S/J part and welcomes everyone else.

I'm tired.

*goes to lie down*
                          sigpic

Comment

(((Jas)))

Whilst we debate this let's try and keep things polite people, we're all just bandying about ideas at the moment .

Love that sig LJ, the lighting on it is gorgeous

Comment

What Jas said.

Comment

Yes, we all have to relax and allow the ideas to flow and that takes time.

I also like having "secrets" in the title. Kind of makes the thread sound more friendly and cozy.

Okay, how about this:
                                "The Secrets of Making Artwork for Sam/Jack and Other Fandoms"

I think we can leave off "thread" since we all know this is a thread.

And we also consider reworking what is in the opening post to reflect everything that this place is today. Actually, I think everything is there now so we might want to just replace the banner, or make a change to it.

As for the voting, I agree about adding what you want to the existing list but what if someone puts something on it and I've already voted and I like the new one better? Would I be allowed to swap my vote?

Comment

Working...
                                X