No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niiiiiice Bree I love the background pic you used, great idea to turn the corner with it! And fab idea putting the calendar in the frame

Edit: guhneweoinafnaw;eoihf*!;kjeo

*^ brain completely scrambled by the rick in the elevator pic*
    *drools everywhere*
    sigpic

Comment

Don't know how much art I'm going to be getting done right now, but me and my muse iz happy little campers!

*kisses*

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Ahhhhhh! That's more like it

Really love that wp Bree, even if your muse did borrow it from mine Just shows our muses have better taste than some we could mention..........

*runz again*
        Great minds Jumble! Apparently my muse is a subliminal plagiarizer!
        Oh well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
        An excuse I am sure was made by the first person who ever, intentionally or not, did something similar to the work of someone else.

EDIT: Thanks Oma!
        sigpic

Comment

*runz back in*

Amy (my 13 yr old) just asked me if I'd seen what she made me for Christmas. I hadn't In my defense, she'd put it in my pictures album....there are hundreds of pics in there! Guess what movie she watched with me last week....

I guess she really is a chip off the old block
          sigpic

Comment

Must say it nhere, but Oma that sig you have now is GREAT! Mmm broccoli ROFLMAO!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
              This one will do for a start

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...NewLayer-1.jpg

This shows the layers/channels/paths window.

When you open a new layer, it will show in this window. It'll have a square above the background layer, probably labelled layer 1.

Each time to you click to open a new layer it will show here.

When you want to edit a layer, make sure that in the layers window, the layer you want to work on is highlighted. Then you will be able to edit it.

You can completely ignore the channels and paths bit for now

The RGB means that you are in the right mode for editing your picture, and the 3 layers bit refers to the number of layers you have open in the pic.
              The problem is that when I add a new layer it doesn't show up in that box.It just stays blank,so there is nothing to highlight.
              sigpic

Comment

*wanders in*

*drools*

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                  The problem is that when I add a new layer it doesn't show up in that box.It just stays blank,so there is nothing to highlight.
                  How are you opening a new layer? Are you using the little button at the bottom, or some other way? Could you be opening a new document instead?
                  sigpic

Comment

*sighs lustily*

sigpic

Comment

*fans self*

Oma what are you doing to me?! !

Those are gorgeous....*sigh*

Comment

OMA!!!

*diez of thunk*
                        sigpic

Comment

^ OMG Oma! The first banner! The hotness is spilling over!
                          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Must say it nhere, but Oma that sig you have now is GREAT! Mmm broccoli ROFLMAO!
                            It is isn't it? It was a SS pressie from Wendy

Edit: The power of thunk cannot be denied!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              How are you opening a new layer? Are you using the little button at the bottom, or some other way? Could you be opening a new document instead?
                              Umm,in the main gimp window.The middle one that has the title of the pic ur wanting to make,since i didn't name it it just says untitled.In the toolbar under 'untitled' i go to layers and in the dropdown menu that appears i click 'New layer'.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leo1 View Post
                                Umm,in the main gimp window.The middle one that has the title of the pic ur wanting to make,since i didn't name it it just says untitled.In the toolbar under 'untitled' i go to layers and in the dropdown menu that appears i click 'New layer'.
                                Huh, okay. And you have that window on top when you go to the layers menu? You haven't got a couple of pic windows open?

Let's try doing something else and see if it shows up in the layers window.

Right Click on any of the thunky pics posted in here (or anyonething else you fancy ), click copy, then go to Gimp, click on the "untitled" window and click either Edit>Paste or Ctrl+V. It should put the pic into the window, and your layer window should look like the screencap I posted.

Then just click the new layer button on the toolbar at the bottom of the layers window that looks like a piece of paper (the one circled in red). That should anchor the new pic into the layer and you should see it as a mini-pic above the background.

If that works, you can play around with resizing, cropping and other basic stuff that you can find here. Just click around with those boxes in the toolbar and play to see what they do
                                Last edited by Oma-1; 29 December 2010, 12:10 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X