• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    Woohoo(d)! gimp stayed open long enough for me to make somethnig

spoilered for size
    Spoiler:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/Palmergirl/candles.jpg

It's not quite what I had in my head (aka: good) but it's ok

Edit: yay! Glad you're having some luck, Sally! and don't worry! you wont be behind for too long
    That's soooo Awesome

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Gorgeous challenge entries Oma, Dee and Bekki
    Thanks

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
    i can't wait to have a new computer and i was lurking around paint.net i made an icon it is sooooo different from PS i spent almost 30 minutes just to find out where are the layers stuff and colourings i used 3 layers to make this icon

http://i50.tinypic.com/r8s7m0.png

let's face it i am a paint.net newbie
    It's still beautiful! Love the shadow at the one side of her face.

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    But it's in the same folder as all my other challenge stuff *iz very

Edit: I went back and re-did the link, maybe that will help.
    Yeeeeeeeeeessss!!! It works and it's SOOOOOO AWESOME! *my new wallie *

Could you do a tut for this? I like those background textures/brushes, but I can never manage to make it look so beautiful.

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
    *dances* I haven't GIMPd this much in AGES!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...rgirl/fire.jpg
    Oh, that's so pretty and such a great quote!
    sigpic
    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Not so sure anymore. Oh well. Does anyone happen to know when GW will have the layout?
      sigpic

Comment

Sure Dee, it was really simple (at least, it was once I'd decided how I was gonna do it ).

Spoiler:
        1. Start with black background.

2. Add pic of Sam from Paradise Lost and desaturate it. Duplicate layer and set to overlay, then merge the two layers. Then I used the blur tool (set at around 90%) to smooth out the area around Sam's arm because it was very pixelated.

3. Put this texture (snurched off Josi) over the top of the Sam pic. Invert the colours and set to darken only so you can see Sam through it. I resized it a few times and played around with the placement.

4. Erase the parts you don't want.

5. I used one of LJ's candle brushes, cut the smaller candle out and moved it to overlap the big candle.

6. Added the text (I think it was SimHei). Lyrics from Snow Patrol's Run.

7. Copy all the layers into a new one and apply a gentle soft glow.

Tada! All finished
        Last edited by Oma-1; 18 January 2010, 05:44 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Fab Rush icon Egle I like it a lot!!

Err, what were you not sure about, the new icon size or the icon you made?
          sigpic

Comment

Oma is it just me, or is the texture you've linked to supposed to be that tiny?

Comment

Fab Rush icon Egle I like it a lot!!
              Thanks.

Err, what were you not sure about, the new icon size or the icon you made?
              The icon in general. I've been wanting to make something with this cap like forever, tried countless times, and this is the closest of... being something.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                Oma is it just me, or is the texture you've linked to supposed to be that tiny?
                *borrows Siler's Wrench*
                *bashes pb*

Is that better?
                sigpic

Comment

OMG, the new forum is so funny.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    OMG, the new forum is so funny.
                    Yes it is!!! But it looks good...Not sure about the going to the first post thing though because it doesn't work yet atm. It just goes to the beginning of the page...

also my avatar is so blurry now

But in the meantime while GW was down I made myself a new signature...I have 3 versions of it and I am not sure I like the one I am using the best lolz.

Comment

Ok........... so where do you go for your subscribed threads?

Comment

'My Profile'

Even replying isn't the same. *sigh*
                        sigpic

Comment

Go to settings everything is now found there

also for greening (and also spam), it's now at the bottom with a star...it's cute

I must say I like the new layout a lot already It's clearer who's post is from who I love the info at the left!!!

Comment

Yeah, found it thanks

This is making my eyes go funny

Comment

Sure Dee, it was really simple (at least, it was once I'd decided how I was gonna do it ).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Challenges/th_plwp-1.jpg

Spoiler:
                              1. Start with black background.

2. Add pic of Sam from Paradise Lost and desaturate it. Duplicate layer and set to overlay, then merge the two layers. Then I used the blur tool (set at around 90%) to smooth out the area around Sam's arm because it was very pixelated.

3. Put this texture (snurched off Josi) over the top of the Sam pic. Invert the colours and set to darken only so you can see Sam through it. I resized it a few times and played around with the placement.

4. Erase the parts you don't want.

5. I used one of LJ's candle brushes, cut the smaller candle out and moved it to overlap the big candle.

6. Added the text (I think it was SimHei). Lyrics from Snow Patrol's Run.

7. Copy all the layers into a new one and apply a gentle soft glow.

Tada! All finished
                              Thank you!!!!

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                              Yes it is!!! But it looks good...Not sure about the going to the first post thing though because it doesn't work yet atm. It just goes to the beginning of the page...

also my avatar is so blurry now

But in the meantime while GW was down I made myself a new signature...I have 3 versions of it and I am not sure I like the one I am using the best lolz.

1. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...20GW/SigGW.jpg

2. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...0GW/SigGW2.jpg

3. http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...0GW/SigGW3.jpg
                              I like the 3rd one, probably because it's darker.

Settings

And I looove the new look!!!! Is it me, or is the GW wider now???
                              sigpic
                              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                Go to settings everything is now found there

also for greening (and also spam), it's now at the bottom with a star...it's cute

I must say I like the new layout a lot already It's clearer who's post is from who I love the info at the left!!!
                                You like it?? Ugh!

I know I know, resistance to change and all that, but no, I don't like it at all

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                                Thank you!!!!

I like the 3rd one, probably because it's darker.

Settings

And I looove the new look!!!! Is it me, or is the GW wider now???
                                Yeah, that too

Comment

Working...
                                X