No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I've been working on today. I don't scrapbook, so I'm not real sure about it. This is the front page of our two-page picture profile we get to send out with our regular adoption profile. I haven't updated it in ages. What do you think? Ickybah?

Spoiled for off-topicness

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Oma, it looks good but I agree it needs text. I'll let you know if I think of anything.

Are we posting our old entries or something so we can see how we improved?
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Love it Oma! hmmm maybe it needs a texture?

I was fangurling AT in Atlantis yesterday, didn't come out how I wanted Which is so frustrating

And S/J icons for the challenge on LJ

And a few random icons for various challenges on LJ

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
          Oma, it looks good but I agree it needs text. I'll let you know if I think of anything.

Are we posting our old entries or something so we can see how we improved?
          We're having a week-long party to celebrate a whole year of Challenges, so post away with your previous challenge entries

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            I'm attempting to make my current sig into a simple wp, but I think it needs some text. I'm drawing a blank - anyone got any suggestions?

Here it is so far....

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rent=pl-wp.jpg
            I love it! But I can't help you with the text I'm afraid.

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
            Awesome challenge entries GimPS Love the new idea

I made two True Blood sigs, one has rude word and the second is spoilery
            Awesome work!

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            This is what I've been working on today. I don't scrapbook, so I'm not real sure about it. This is the front page of our two-page picture profile we get to send out with our regular adoption profile. I haven't updated it in ages. What do you think? Ickybah?

That's lovely

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

I was fangurling AT in Atlantis yesterday, didn't come out how I wanted Which is so frustrating

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...tha-carter.jpg

<snip>
            I am totally fangurling that sig. Great icons too

My entries for sj

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              We're having a week-long party to celebrate a whole year of Challenges, so post away with your previous challenge entries
              Ok then.

First challenge piece an first peice of art ever:

first sig:

recent challenge entry:

most recent piece of artwork:

I've definetally come a long way.
              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Sam icons for the challenge on LJ

Comment

Okay I'm really confused That make a "stamp" feature that you guys with PS use all the time? How do you get it, because I'm pressing shift, ctrl, alt, e all at once and nothing's happening...

Comment

Oma that wp is just stunning! But I agree it needs something else, kind of to highlight it. I can't think of any text right now either (but will continue to ponder for you), but maybe if text is not forthcoming a brush of some kind would do the job?

Achaja, gorgeous True Blood sigs - don't watch the show but they're very well put together

LJ I adore your adoption profile! It's so cute!

Jas and Amanda fabulous icons, both of you, and well done in the challenges (especially you Amanda!) Here's mine for the same contests:

sj_everyday:

carter_stills:
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Okay I'm really confused That make a "stamp" feature that you guys with PS use all the time? How do you get it, because I'm pressing shift, ctrl, alt, e all at once and nothing's happening...
                      Make sure the top layer is highlighted in the layers list, then hold down shift, hold down ctrl, hold down alt and press e. It's quite awkward to get right

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post

Ickybah? I think not!!!! It brought tears to my eyes LJ, cos you all look so happy together

If you want some pointers for scrapbooking, try contacting Camy in the Graphic Art Display Thread, she's done loads
                        sigpic

Comment

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...tha-carter.jpg
                          It may not be what you wanted, but it is totally awesome

<snipped>
                          love the lunatic fringe one

And a few random icons for various challenges on LJ

<snipped again>
                          *thunks Jack*

*fangurls the Bones one*

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                          Ok then.

First challenge piece an first peice of art ever:
                          http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...argatecopy.jpg

first sig:
                          http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...esigcopy-1.png

recent challenge entry:
                          http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...hallenge-2.jpg

most recent piece of artwork:
                          http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...en-Amidala.jpg

I've definetally come a long way.
                          You certainly have! I really love the D&C one, the blending is perfect on it
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            Oma that wp is just stunning! But I agree it needs something else, kind of to highlight it. I can't think of any text right now either (but will continue to ponder for you), but maybe if text is not forthcoming a brush of some kind would do the job?

Achaja, gorgeous True Blood sigs - don't watch the show but they're very well put together

LJ I adore your adoption profile! It's so cute!

Jas and Amanda fabulous icons, both of you, and well done in the challenges (especially you Amanda!)
                            Here's mine for the same contests:

sj_everyday:
                            <snip>

carter_stills:
                            <snip>
                            Thanks *is happy because it was one that wasn't an animation that won this time*

I love the one of Jack that's right after Sam says she has a thing for the lunatic fringe

Make sure the top layer is highlighted in the layers list, then hold down shift, hold down ctrl, hold down alt and press e. It's quite awkward to get right
                            *hug* Thanks Jumble, does the top layer have to be a picture or can it be an open layer? I think mine was a filled layer or like blue or something so I don't know if that effects it or not?

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                            It may not be what you wanted, but it is totally awesome

love the lunatic fringe one

*thunks Jack*

*fangurls the Bones one*

You certainly have! I really love the D&C one, the blending is perfect on it
                            Thanks hehe my favorite is the lunatic one as well

Comment

Amanda, I've just tried it with all types of layers (text, pic, fill, adjustment, empty) and it works on all of them

Comment

Amanda, I've just tried it with all types of layers (text, pic, fill, adjustment, empty) and it works on all of them
                                Thanks Jumble! I'm on the computer right now that doesn't have PS but I'll have to try it when I get back on my laptop

Oh wait another question, how will I know that it worked? Do you paste it or does it pop up or will all the layers get merged...

Comment

Working...
                                X