The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madaline_7 View Post
    How did you edit the size? Did you change the Canvas size or Scale Image?

Edit: Ok.. I fixed it. Thanks Jumble!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l.../MOP103a-1.jpg
    I especially love 'pinguins'

Big, huge thanks, Jumble! I have never tried to play with size of scale and always make over all again. I'll try it the next time
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post

Big, huge thanks, Jumble! I have never tried to play with size of scale and always make over all again. I'll try it the next time
      BK... that's just the hard way. LOL

Actually... I found something out today that I think will help the two of us... (and if you know I'm sorry)

Anyway... if you have several layers open, and want to save it with all the layers (You need to tweak something or whatever) if you remove the file extention and just let GIMP save it (I think the extention that GIMP uses is .xcf) you can reopen it and play with the layers.

I hope that made sence!
      Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
      You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Realy? I didn't know! Thanks for sharring it!
        sigpic

Comment

How did you edit the size? Did you change the Canvas size or Scale Image?

Edit: Ok.. I fixed it. Thanks Jumble!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l.../MOP103a-1.jpg
          Me likey this one

Also I was playing a little earlier.

Sam is such a bad a$$ in this ep
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            I made a new wallpaper this morning I'm not sure which background I prefer though - with or without the fishing????

Course, if I'd thought of the fishing pic in the background earlier, I wouldn't have needed to spend so long making the background

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Wallpapers/th_silence.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/Wallpapers/th_silence2.png
            Oma I love them, they are beautiful! And yes, I prefer the one with the fishing too

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
            This is a great thread!!! I use GIMP and I would love to be able to make an icon like RepliCartertje's. How do you do it??
            *waves* Welcome to the thread, Kali!

Oma! Veeery beautiful!
            I have my gimp mojo back!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ffyclouds3.jpg

It's nit a big for sig?
            Fantastic Kitten! You're getting better and better!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            After I discovered Supernova I went through a stage where I put it on practically everything I did (obsessive behaviour anyone?) After I grew out of that phase I went into 'making everything funny' mode, and now I'm in 'make everything Hippie' mode. I'm trying to get out of that one by 'making everything starry'
            ROFL! It's funny how we go through arty phases I'm still in a transparency/texture phase at the moment!

Aww Thanks!

If you rescale it, to 200, it should be ok. It's not that you are losing that many pixels. (You know, break the chain so that the top number doesn't change.)

What about this card? I think the wording needs changed... but I can't think this morning. (GAH!)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...OP/MOP103a.jpg
            Also fantastic!

Edit: And Jasmina, love the wp too!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Fantastic Kitten! You're getting better and better!
              Thank you!

Very great, Jasmina! Love bad a$$e$! I need to do something with Ba'al
              sigpic

Comment

Better to start with the right frame in the first place File>new opens a box so you can put in the size you want (example: for a sig I use 700 x 200 pixels or 600 x 180 pixels if I want to put on a border) so you know it will be right for the forum. Then you just make your sig inside that frame

BK... that's just the hard way. LOL

Actually... I found something out today that I think will help the two of us... (and if you know I'm sorry)

Anyway... if you have several layers open, and want to save it with all the layers (You need to tweak something or whatever) if you remove the file extention and just let GIMP save it (I think the extention that GIMP uses is .xcf) you can reopen it and play with the layers.

I hope that made sence!
                That's right, I always save as .xcf each time I add something, then when I'm finished I save it as .xcf and then save it again as .jpg. Then I delete all the .xcf files except the final one. That way you can always go back and change things. Today I noticed a spelling mistake in a sig I made ages ago, and because I had the original .xcf file it was easy to change it

And I hope that makes sense, I do waffle on

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  Me likey this one

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/wallpaper/th_23.jpg

That's one of my least favourite eps, but what a brilliant wp

Thank you!

Very great, Jasmina! Love bad a$$e$! I need to do something with Ba'al
                  Hmmmm. *thinks about doing something with Ba'al*

Comment

That's one of my least favourite eps, but what a brilliant wp

Thanks

Flops into the deep end of the gutter
                    sigpic

Comment

Better to start with the right frame in the first place File>new opens a box so you can put in the size you want (example: for a sig I use 700 x 200 pixels or 600 x 180 pixels if I want to put on a border) so you know it will be right for the forum. Then you just make your sig inside that frame

That's right, I always save as .xcf each time I add something, then when I'm finished I save it as .xcf and then save it again as .jpg. Then I delete all the .xcf files except the final one. That way you can always go back and change things. Today I noticed a spelling mistake in a sig I made ages ago, and because I had the original .xcf file it was easy to change it

And I hope that makes sense, I do waffle on
                      Thanks for advice!

Hey!!!!!!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                        Me likey this one

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/jasminaGo/photoshop/wallpaper/th_23.jpg

very nice....

I'm on a wallpaper kick right now too. When my hubby get on the computer at night, he is always like, "Oh, another one?"
                        Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                        You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Hubby means husband, right?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hubby means husband, right?
                            That's right, another weird English word

Kitten, do you mind a suggestion? I think your new sig would look nicer if you centred it.

Comment

Is that better?
                              sigpic

Comment

Is that better?
                                Well I think so, the question is 'Do You?'

Comment

Working...
                                X