No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you merge your layers in Gimp, there's an option to "clip to image" so having huge layers isn't an issue. I use it several times each project.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      OT:

Spoiler:
      Yeah I'm recovering thanks . Still a little weak but I've had a big dinner this evening and a multi-vitamin to make up for what I lost!!

So looking forward to this challenge ! Oma we should probably sort out exactly what eps we are doing from Season 6?
      *shrugs* I'll worry about that when S6 comes around

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post

Oma - my mom did Okra with chicken today, i though that i could take a pic of that to show everyone how it looks like but my camera is crazy sometimes :s the chiken was pretty good though
      And did you eat the okra like a good little SHIPper? Shame the camera didn't work, you could have done a blog thingy like Joe

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
      The cast wasn't very good at singing at all.
      *nods* That's why I liked it so much

She wasn't that bad, and the daughter was good, but Brosnan should not sing. Ever.
      Aww, don't say that! Pierce was my fave! It was soooo bad it was completely endearing

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Brosnan doesn't need to sing
      Exactly One look at him and all my senses shut down completely *thunk*

That's really great Padme....I don't suppose you'd have that texture handy would you?

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      On the sig sizes: I've reduced the quality of a lot of my sigs but they still seem to be hovering around the 75kb mark. Any suggestions??
      Most of mine seem to come out between 30 - 40 kb anyway. I just save them as jpg at 85%. I don't crop anything or merge layers at all *shrugs*

Except for one pair that are almost identical....one is 31kb, the other 91kb

Jas - Your wp is beautiful, and thanks for the tut

VSS - Thanks for the schedule

How do we want to do this GimPS? Like we did with the Season Banners? Then we can make sure each ep has a banner.....

*sorry, I'm organising again.....it's a really bad habit of mine...*

Does somebody else want to organising keeping track of the schedule and what banners have been made?
      sigpic

Comment

oh my word...crap...i forgot about the challenge this weeks *runs to her gimp*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Grrrrr! GW image library isn't working for me again Mind you, I couldn't get on the forum at all yesterday, or this morning....

Is anyone else having problems? Or do I need check my firewall?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            Grrrrr! GW image library isn't working for me again Mind you, I couldn't get on the forum at all yesterday, or this morning....

Is anyone else having problems? Or do I need check my firewall?
            I have problems with GW since 2 am. It only gaves me access for an 1-2 hour ago...

Oma, give me please linky for GW images library, i cant found it...

And Oma, will you and Sarai mind if i'll make some banners for s6? I love it so much
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
              I have problems with GW since 2 am. It only gaves me access for an 1-2 hour ago...

Oma, give me please linky for GW images library, i cant found it...

And Oma, will you and Sarai mind if i'll make some banners for s6? I love it so much
              Okay, it's not just me then. *phew*

The link for the GW image library is at the top of each page, just under the main Forum Banner.

My original intention for putting names down on the list was just for the Season Banners, to make sure we had at least one for each.

As far as the Episode Banners go, I think we're all gonna be pitching in on each Season
              sigpic

Comment

This Rewatch has really got my GimPSing mojo going Here's a banner for the movie.

Now I really need to work on the S6 one
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, it's not just me then. *phew*

The link for the GW image library is at the top of each page, just under the main Forum Banner.

My original intention for putting names down on the list was just for the Season Banners, to make sure we had at least one for each.

As far as the Episode Banners go, I think we're all gonna be pitching in on each Season
                  That's good... My beloved s6

Already began

Love the movie banner
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello guys! I found interesting site with colouring tuts (psd files) few textures and brushes -->
                    Lady studio

sigpic
                    sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Most of mine seem to come out between 30 - 40 kb anyway. I just save them as jpg at 85%. I don't crop anything or merge layers at all *shrugs*

Except for one pair that are almost identical....one is 31kb, the other 91kb
                      Mine too, in fact I don't think any of the sigs I've made have ever come out above 50K Don't really know why, or what I might be doing differently

How do we want to do this GimPS? Like we did with the Season Banners? Then we can make sure each ep has a banner.....

*sorry, I'm organising again.....it's a really bad habit of mine...*

Does somebody else want to organising keeping track of the schedule and what banners have been made?
                      Sounds good to me I'm happy to take on that organising if you like and if no-one else has volunteered
                      Organising is also a really bad habit of mine...

This Rewatch has really got my GimPSing mojo going Here's a banner for the movie.

Love it! Particularly that it has no Jack O'Neil with one L in it
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Love it! Particularly that it has no Jack O'Neil with one L in it
                        We don't need O'Neil with one 'L'

Banner for s6

Do i need to PM it to you, Oma, or to VSS?
                        Last edited by Blacky Kitten; 07 April 2009, 09:07 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well indeed, why would you need the one with one L when the one with two LLs has such a great sense of humour and is sooo hot ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Great work on the banners Oma and Kitty!

Season 3 banner (I think Jumble might have already made one, but I'm not sure)

A sig, made it as an icon at first, but I thought it would be a good addition to Josi's don't ogle your 2IC one.

And some icons

sigpic

Comment

I did catch up...but saw too many goodies to quote it all...so I'm generalizing them all and just say AWESOME! artwork everyone

*decides she needs to start with making things for S7 and S10 as well*

Oh and Achaja not to bother you or so...but the site you recked on the last page...does it work normally for everyone? because my virus scanner(Norton) doesn't like it and keeps saying virus, virus, virus...
                              Just wondering...because I wanna open it and it has texture; Jann needs textures.
                              sigpic

Comment

Jas, it's a fabulous addition to my 2IC ogling one! I love it Poor Jack

Fab banner and awesome icons too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X