No announcement yet.

The secrets on how to make artwork of the Sam/Jack ship family thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it that since my sig has disappeared we can't have them rotating, all my sigs are well under 50Kb, but I do have about 25-30 sigs rotating which soon adds up
    sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Lol on the Mamma Mia conversation... I have to say the image of Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth in seventies glamrock catsuits and glitter platform boots singing Dancing Queen is one I could live without ever having had burned onto my retina

Love all the rewatch banners everyone! Must make a start on mine We just need to do the season ones for now right?

Jas awesome wp and tut and holy hannah that's a lot of lovely textures to snurch!

Kitten that Jacksig is fabulous! *thunk*
      Pierce Brosnan in a lycra catsuit............. I can live with that, as long as he doesn't sing

Yes, just the season banners for now. Although S1 is starting on the 8th, so the ep sigs will need to be done pretty quick too

Aveo it seems all our sigs have disappeared I have no idea what is going on

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
        I take it that since my sig has disappeared we can't have them rotating, all my sigs are well under 50Kb, but I do have about 25-30 sigs rotating which soon adds up

Oh yeah! I never read that as part of the rules ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Oh yeah! I never read that as part of the rules ?!
          Me too. Aveo, explain!!!

Originally posted by jumble View Post

That's something with site(Roteting sigs). It's not working, i've already tried
          sigpic

Comment

yeah mine had disappeared when I was rotating them, but as soon as I just picked one it's there again so i think if you want them to rotate it has to be combined size.. so using icons
            I had thought that the sigs could be 700x200 which is why I make mine upto 180 tall so it allows my my fanfic link I'll need to go and change mine now...
            Edit: changed, Jumble the way I checked my sig's height was screen cap and crop in PSP...
            Last edited by Aveo_amacus; 06 April 2009, 11:30 AM.
            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Wait, we can't have rotating sigs? But it's only ever displaying one at a time

Clintonio's still not working at the moment anyway, so whether it's that or GW not liking rotation any more I don't know
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Clintonio's still not working at the moment anyway, so whether it's that or GW not liking rotation any more I don't know
                The rotation shouldn't be a problem, as long as all the sigs are within the rules. I think the problem might just be clintonio.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  The rotation shouldn't be a problem, as long as all the sigs are within the rules. I think the problem might just be clintonio.
                  Yeah, that's what I thought Just hope Clintonio comes back soon!
                  sigpic

Comment

No, it's just Clintonio not working that's causing it Just a coincidence that we were talking about the clamp-down on sig size Like Jasmina said

Comment

Mine are on clintonio but I only have two. One was too big and I had to shrink it. Perhaps if even one is too big, they're shutting them down?

At the start of the Forum Help thread about sigs, there are some posts that show the size of various texts in pixels so you can estimate their height. There's also a big black template that shows the size of a 700 x 200 area. But all you can do is guess how big the sig plus text is, and hope it passes. Mine didn't.

Also, josie- thanks for finding that sig again! Talk about biting the hand that feeds me- I promise never to lose anything again.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                        Mine are on clintonio but I only have two. One was too big and I had to shrink it. Perhaps if even one is too big, they're shutting them down?

At the start of the Forum Help thread about sigs, there are some posts that show the size of various texts in pixels so you can estimate their height. There's also a big black template that shows the size of a 700 x 200 area. But all you can do is guess how big the sig plus text is, and hope it passes. Mine didn't.

Also, josie- thanks for finding that sig again! Talk about biting the hand that feeds me- I promise never to lose anything again.
                        You're welcome The good thing is that us artworkers generally keep everything (too much effort to risk losing anything), so we can always resupply
                        sigpic

Comment

No, it's just Clintonio not working that's causing it Just a coincidence that we were talking about the clamp-down on sig size Like Jasmina said
                          oh! ok that kinda makes more sense *headdesk*
                          sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

It's not just that, either. The pixel size limits INCLUDE any text you might have. So if you have text, dragon eggs, etc. you must add it to the sig and the sum total must fall within the size of 200 x 700.

I had to take out my Jack quote.
                            Yeah, I got modded too. All mine are the right dimensions, but I think they add up to be too many KB.

Lol on the Mamma Mia conversation... I have to say the image of Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth in seventies glamrock catsuits and glitter platform boots singing Dancing Queen is one I could live without ever having had burned onto my retina

Love all the rewatch banners everyone! Must make a start on mine We just need to do the season ones for now right?

Jas awesome wp and tut and holy hannah that's a lot of lovely textures to snurch!

Kitten that Jacksig is fabulous! *thunk*
                            LOL, I forgot about that scene during the credits.

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
                            Yeah, mine is apperantly 200KB and I can't get on clintonio to change it.

Pierce Brosnan in a lycra catsuit............. I can live with that, as long as he doesn't sing

Yes, just the season banners for now. Although S1 is starting on the 8th, so the ep sigs will need to be done pretty quick too

If I need you to, I will let you know.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            Beautiful. I love the color.
                            Thanks

jumble thought you all would like to see this :

Rewatch Schedule
                            April 8 Stargate the movie and Children of the Gods
                            April 10 The Enemy Within
                            April 13 Emancipation
                            April 15 The Broca Divide
                            April 17 The First Commandment
                            April 20 Cold Lazarus
                            April 22 The Nox and Brief Candle
                            April 24 Thor’s Hammer and The Torment of Tantalus
                            April 27 Bloodlines and Fire and Water
                            April 29 Hathor
                            May 1 Singularity and Cor-Ai
                            May 4 Enigma
                            May 6 Solitudes
                            May 8 Tin Man
                            May 11 There but for the Grace of God
                            May 13 Politics and Within the Serpent’s Grasp

The discussion will take place on the Sam/Jack Discussion Thread and starts at noon EST and runs 2-3 days until the next one begins. This is not a real-time viewing.

Dust off your DVDs and join in! If you're in the US you can also watch the episodes on hulu.com.
                            This will help, thanks.
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Just sayin'....

i got modded 3 days ago ... because one of my birthday sigs ( estrela luckly that one wasn't yours ) but i didn't knew about its size... i guess it is better for everyone to resize the sigs wich are not following GW rules imo ...

if the sig is too big and you already used the tool 'save for web devices' there are some options:

- make the sig around the size of 550x150 (saving on 'web devices')or 180 px in the height, flaten or merge down the image everytime you make a new step using the layers, those are the only options i'm seeing here ... i'm just trying to help a little but i'm not sure

i think the rules of GW are very fair because of those wich uses the dial-up conection although i think for those who are addicted for lots of layers (like me) this could be very hard to follow but i'm trying

i'm gonna try to think about other options ...

Edit: i have a new idea, not sure if it is a idea but ... i see everyone here (including myself) loves textures and stock photos and others recources like images with a big size so if you are making a sig: drag the image to the photoshop screen (not into the canvas that your working) and crop it before you set it inside the sig, that will give you less kb to be saved in the end ... the textures are usually bigger than the sigs so you can resize it before ... i think

well, that's just me, i always resize them before putting into a sig cause i think the kb are less than before...

did i make any sense?
                              Last edited by Rachel-Kree; 06 April 2009, 06:48 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                                Just sayin'....

i got modded 3 days ago ... because one of my birthday sigs ( estrela luckly that one wasn't yours ) but i didn't knew about its size... i guess it is better for everyone to resize the sigs wich are not following GW rules imo ...

if the sig is too big and you already used the tool 'save for web devices' there are some options:

- make the sig around the size of 550x150 (saving on 'web devices')or 180 px in the height, flaten or merge down the image everytime you make a new step using the layers, those are the only options i'm seeing here ... i'm just trying to help a little but i'm not sure

i think the rules of GW are very fair because of those wich uses the dial-up conection although i think for those who are addicted for lots of layers (like me) this could be very hard to follow but i'm trying

i'm gonna try to think about other options ...

Edit: i have a new idea, not sure if it is a idea but ... i see everyone here (including myself) loves textures and stock photos and others recources like images with a big size so if you are making a sig: drag the image to the photoshop screen (not into the canvas that your working) and crop it before you set it inside the sig, that will give you less kb to be saved in the end ... the textures usually are bigger than the sigs so you can resize it before ... i think

well, that's just me, i always resize them before putting on a sig cause i think the kb are less than before...
                                did i make any sense?:O
                                Yep, I try to do that myself, but I've been in a hurry the past couple of times due to time restraints for the rewatch banners.
                                Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X