Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burbank, Baby!!! (Official SG Con, Burbank 2008)

The Official
    StarGate SG-1 &
    StarGate Atlantis

Convention

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Burbank, CA
    Fri., Sat. & Sun. November 21-23, 2008
    Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel
    2500 Hollywood Way

(As of 5/28/08, Friday night will only consist of a party and pre-reg
    for Gold attendees. The cabaret will be on Saturday before the dessert
    party, a change from 2007.)

Guest List (as of 7/5/08):
    Rachel Luttrell
    Kavan Smith
    Alexis Cruz
    Dan Shea (<--M2W is oddly excited about this one.)
    Jason Momoa
    David Hewlett

Prices:
    Gold weekend - $369
    Preferred weekend - $159
    General weekend - $49
    Last edited by M2W; 05 July 2008, 07:30 AM.
    sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

LOL! talk about enthusiastic !

I'll try to be there like I did this year.
    sigpic
    sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Maybe I'm coming. But I think that decides 'who are the guests'. If Joe is coming again - I'm in Burbank.
      *Vancouver Con Attendee 2006* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2007*
      *Vancouver Con Attendee 2008* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2009*
      *Vancouver Con Attendee 2010* *Vancouver Con Attendee 2011*

* Vancouver Con Attendee 2012 *

Comment

I enjoyed myself so much, I definitely plan on trying to be there again next year. We shall see how things develop. I hear it's gonna be a BSG/SG/Firefly threesome. That would be awesome, I'd totally be there if they did.

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
        Photobucket

Comment

I may be there also.....for 3 cons. The flyer that I brought home advertised all three at the Marriott on the same weekend.

Comment

The flyer also says it will only be Saturday and Sunday in one place and all three days in another. So confused... (Only not really. As a teacher I just get a sick joy out of pointing out typos. )

I am so totally there. I'm going to start saving a few bucks out of every check so it doesn't hurt so much all at once next year. (Right before Christmas too!)
            sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

I'm a little confused. Is there a Burbank SG con next November? While I saw it on the program, I haven't seen it listed on their site. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Divineway View Post
                I'm a little confused. Is there a Burbank SG con next November? While I saw it on the program, I haven't seen it listed on their site. Anyone know?
                I noticed that as well. I am just assuming that the flyer is right and they haven't updated the site yet.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Divineway View Post
                  They usually won;t update the Cons for the next year for a few moer months.

I will definatly be saving up for next year. My mom is actually looking forward to next year. Whether or not if I have my liscence or not by then.

Still trying to get rid of this cold. I can sorts function today . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                    I will definatly be saving up for next year. My mom is actually looking forward to next year. Whether or not if I have my liscence or not by then.
                    Haha! So is mine! As of now she is going with me. She wants to have a weekend of nothing but sleep.

Still trying to get rid of this cold. I can sorts function today . . .
                    I'm glad you are functioning better. I hope you feel better soon!
                    sigpic

Comment

I got a job!!!!!!! It's a part time gig at a Preschool in home thing. Basically I get paid to play with the little ones, do crafts with them, and set out their cots for naptime.

So, yay! Money for Burbank!!

Comment

I got a job!!!!!!! It's a part time gig at a Preschool in home thing. Basically I get paid to play with the little ones, do crafts with them, and set out their cots for naptime.

So, yay! Money for Burbank!!
                        That actually sounds pretty fun.

You're lucky working with younger kids. I broke up my first fight between teenage boys today. I actually put myself between them and had to physically separate them. Good fun. Luckily it was two boys who don't hate me, so when I got in between them they stopped for the most part. (Any other kids probably would've kept swinging and I would've gotten caught in the crossfire.)
                        sigpic

Comment

Hiyas GW folksies....
                          here's the sad but true news for 2008...Cliff has been told he will not be needed to do Creation events...oh well dont that just reek?
                          So if ya want him....SAY SO!

Contact Creation, and post to the boards....trust me, they get read

(in VC thread) uh oh....Im toast *running from da Mama*
                          *looks over shoulder* crap! how'd she find me here?
                          and now for something really different...

Comment

Originally posted by Sa'Hut_IH' View Post
                            Hiyas GW folksies....
                            here's the sad but true news for 2008...Cliff has been told he will not be needed to do Creation events...oh well dont that just reek?
                            So if ya want him....SAY SO!

Contact Creation, and post to the boards....trust me, they get read

(in VC thread) uh oh....Im toast *running from da Mama*
                            *looks over shoulder* crap! how'd she find me here?
                            Not good. Not good at all.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping to make it out to Burbank next year. I usually do Chicago as, well, I live here. But with Gatecon being the same weekend as Chicago, I'm thinking they might have a hard time getting guests....

Plus then I get to visit Chelle and Kris!!

Comment

Working...
                              X