No announcement yet.

2008 Vancouver Con (Creation)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a pretty good article about sci-fi fandom here: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/f...-1n20fans.html

Although I was so miffed about the comments of the first person to respond to the article below it that I signed up and responded.

...And, I see that both posts have been deleted. Damn!
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
      There is a pretty good article about sci-fi fandom here: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/f...-1n20fans.html

Although I was so miffed about the comments of the first person to respond to the article below it that I signed up and responded.

I saw them.
      It was on page one...
      I like the guy flatwrld. His comments made me laugh.
      I am not insecure enough to take offense at these dullards.
      Let them sass us if they like!
      Bar.
      Originally posted by flatwrld

Look on the bright side, they meet in one place and breed with their own kind.
      The GEEK genepool threat remains contained.
      e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post

Wow, good article Love it. Plus I love the fact that people object to the whole "geeky con going people" just makes them look small and stupid. I feel sorry for people who have to make fun of others just to feel better about themselves. I wanna give them a big hug and tell them everything is okay.

Good response AG, loved it
        Music and Stargate
        sigpic
        Perfection

Comment

Hello One and All!!

*nods wildly and bows deeply* Bobbles is a good nickname and I shall wear that name with pride *nods again wildly*

It's a combination of reading too many Noddy stories and over enthusiasm for conversation!!! My smallies call me the Noddy Man every so often (amongst other things) ....On that score...ok so here is a 5 year old joke (ie aimed at 5 year olds)...
          Q: Why do elephants have Big Ears?
          A: Because Noddy wouldn't pay the ransom!!!

Ok, this only works if you are 5 years old or have had copious amounts of alcohol...

On a different note, I'll be off-line for a week or so, I have a pressing appointment with some Sand Castles in West Cork!!! The Smallies have been packing since yesterday and we travel on Saturday!! for one week! Her Royal Highness is preparing and I am still stuck at work!

Finally, a very special THANK YOU to DJ Favourite!!! Your disc arrived this AM, just intime for Friday (25th July) *hint: candles/cake/balloons etc!!*

Talk soon all, will drop in on Thursday before I sign off for hols!

S'n'T aka Bobbles

PS: Whilst driving to work today (the only place I can think), my "Advertising Man" took over with the following slogan re: next year:

VAN CON 09 : BRINGIN' THE BOBBLE BACK TO BC!!!!!!
          "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
          Sara O' Neill's father;
          COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Shirt'n'Tie View Post
            Hello One and All!!

PS: Whilst driving to work today (the only place I can think), my "Advertising Man" took over with the following slogan re: next year:

VAN CON 09 : BRINGIN' THE BOBBLE BACK TO BC!!!!!!
            NO! No way, I can't go, so no bringing bobbles back here, unless you make a trip to Kelowna to see me. Just kidding, sounds like a good slogan, and one that only a select few will understand.
            Music and Stargate
            sigpic
            Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake View Post
              NO! No way, I can't go, so no bringing bobbles back here, unless you make a trip to Kelowna to see me. Just kidding, sounds like a good slogan, and one that only a select few will understand.

You can't go?
              How come?
              Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                You can't go?
                How come?
                Bar.
                lol, Bar, you missed my goodbye party, I forgot that.
                I am heading off to Europe next year, maybe going to Gabit.
                I am taking Neo, Mamasue and (hopefully)Chelle.
                Unfortunately it was a choice of going to Europe or another Van con, and as I live in Kelowna, and have lived in Van before, the answer was kind of obvious, plus I went to the last four cons in Van.
                I am planning on showing up at your door and asking you to show me to the nearest pub, so expect My crew and I. I am not even kidding, Scotland is on our stop and where else would we go but to see a fellow Sci-Fi fan?
                Last edited by Snowflake; 22 July 2008, 02:19 AM. Reason: cooking?
                Music and Stargate
                sigpic
                Perfection

Comment

I am planning on showing up at your door and asking you to show me to the nearest pub, so expect My crew and I. I am not even kidding, Scotland is on our stop and where else would we go but to see a fellow Sci-Fi fan?

Ahhh.
                  I remember you mentioning that, but didn't think it put Vancouver out of the picture.
                  The nearest pub is actually in our house...
                  And i am not kidding about that...

Spoiler:

Comment

Hello One and All!!

*nods wildly and bows deeply* Bobbles is a good nickname and I shall wear that name with pride *nods again wildly*

It's a combination of reading too many Noddy stories and over enthusiasm for conversation!!! My smallies call me the Noddy Man every so often (amongst other things) ....On that score...ok so here is a 5 year old joke (ie aimed at 5 year olds)...

Ok, this only works if you are 5 years old or have had copious amounts of alcohol...
                    I suspect it might also only work if you know who Noddy is. I don't know if he ever made it to this continent? Being a Brit, I remember that joke from my primary school days! *nostalgia pause... ahhh*
                    By the time we arrived here my son was well past watching Noddy. Every time I hear Noddy mentioned I can't help but think of the bit in "Diary of Adrian Mole" about "Noddy's bloody bell!"

Have a great holiday Bobbles!
                    ...By the way this is how they build sandcastles in Vancouver...we expect to see evidence of similar talent from you!

Spoiler:

Cheers

Sech.
                    sigpic

Comment

*....Ok so here is a 5 year old joke ..

!!!

That was soooO Funny

Only some one Crazy like me would get it .

Hee Hee Hee Hee
                      CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                      Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                      Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                      Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                      Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                      Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Originally posted by Sechemech-Ib View Post
                        ...By the way this is how they build sandcastles in Vancouver...we expect to see evidence of similar talent from you!

Spoiler:

Cheers

Sech.

Ssshhhhh....don't give away what Mr Deeds and I have been doing over the weekend....

Actually we've been laying out by the pool at the Pan Pacific....Mr Deeds got sunburned.....

Transferring to Victoria and The Island today.....can't wait.....

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by bar View Post
                          Ahhh.
                          I remember you mentioning that, but didn't think it put Vancouver out of the picture.
                          The nearest pub is actually in our house...
                          And i am not kidding about that...

Spoiler:
                          Sweet!!!!! Now we don't have to go to the pub, I can just knock on your door and let myself in. lol, you had better be home, or your mum is going to get a nice surprise Four or five women standing on her door step looking for you and a free pint.
                          Music and Stargate
                          sigpic
                          Perfection

Comment

Sweet!!!!! Now we don't have to go to the pub, I can just knock on your door and let myself in. lol, you had better be home, or your mum is going to get a nice surprise Four or five women standing on her door step looking for you and a free pint.

Lol!
                            We'll be here...
                            Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
                              Ssshhhhh....don't give away what Mr Deeds and I have been doing over the weekend....

Actually we've been laying out by the pool at the Pan Pacific....Mr Deeds got sunburned.....

Transferring to Victoria and The Island today.....can't wait.....

Deeds xx
                              LOL!.... I took that picture last summer on Kitsilano beach. Glad you're having a great time out there. Some of us will be following in your wake to the Island in a few weeks time so don't forget to post details of the stuff you found there like good places to eat, attractions that you'd recommend etc.
                              I'll be spending a couple of days in Victoria, Buchart gardens is on my itinery. Then I'm up to Tofino for a couple of days to *oggle at hunky surfers* ahem!.. walk on the beach!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well today we're heading for Barb's Place on Fisherman's Wharf for the best Fish and Chip Lunch on the Island, then we'll probably take a Water Taxi from there to the top end of town and have a walk down Government Street...I want to visit Chinatown over here (don't like heading towards the one in Downtown Van - too close to East Hastings St for my liking...) and I also need a few "essentials" in various shops...

I think we're also heading along to Sooke - have heard there's a very good restaurant there by the harbour....and I'm sure a floatplane trip over the Islands was mentioned too.....oh and tea at The Fairmont Empress...how many days do we have again?....*gigglesnort*

Enjoy Tofino - I loved it up there!.....especially Wickaninnish Beach and the small town of Tofino itself....The Roy Henry Vickers Art Gallery is fascinating....

Deeds xx
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Working...
                                X